As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] Yordano Ventura: Punch Detective

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    well rip my chances for winning any pitching this week

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Look at Miggy go, two more long balls!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Miggy is so mad at me

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    At least they didn't lose on a walk off pop up that fell because of a lack of communication between an outfielder and second baseman.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Hey commish!

I picked up a pitcher last night that was immediately optioned this morning, may I undo this transaction or must I wait it out?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    if the site gives you a button to do it yes

if not, wait it out

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

He's the Bond villain of shitty MLB owners.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I swear to FUCK, I like Odirizzi a lot but he never pitches 6 innings!

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the rays pitching experience

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Angry wrote: »

He's the Bond villain of shitty MLB owners.

everything about that sucks but

"All this from a team that has gone from world champion to perennial also-ran, hustled taxpayers on a Little Havana stadium, and just lost its best hitter and last year's National League batting champion Dee Gordon to an 80-game drug suspension."

calling empty batting average Dee Gordon their best hitter over Giancarlo Stanton is the biggest sin of them all

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Finally going to a baseball game on Sunday. Its Dodgers @ Mets, but hey, baseball. (My brother got the tickets).

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Goose! wrote: »
    At least they didn't lose on a walk off pop up that fell because of a lack of communication between an outfielder and second baseman.

even year bullshit striking early, I see

• Options
    So apparently in last night's game Bartolo Colon sent to the plate and told the catcher to just throw strikes down the middle because he tweaked his back and had no intention of swinging.

He struck out 3 times and the bat never left his shoulder.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Jackie Bradley is officially halfway to DiMaggio

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Man I love Nomar Mazara!

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Jackie Bradley is officially halfway to DiMaggio

Never thought anyone would say that. Kid has been a revelation with the bat. Have to think he'll cool off eventually (his true talent level simply can't be this good). Regardless, the phenomenal developement of Betts, Bogaerts and Bradley is a beautiful thing to see. Thats an amazing set of young talent for the Sox. And with the likes of Moncada, Benintendi, and Espinoza on the farm our cup runeth over.

If only we were this good at free agent acquisitions...

• Options
    Or developing pitchers.

• Options
    Man, catcher is a wasteland of options this year.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    "This year."

• Options
    Realmuto has been alright. I can't complain based on where I drafted him.

• Options
    Really good article here: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/kershaw-is-forcing-us-to-confront-the-pedro-question/

It actually ends a little unclear, pointing out that our systems for seasonal/run environment adjustments are far from perfect. But the fact that the question is even worth considering is incredible. Kershaw has been so incredible that it's finally time to compare someone to Pedro and without hyperbole (like who was that Cards pitcher that during the WS in 2013 the broadcasters kept saying was nicknamed "little Pedro"? Like that was stupid).

Kershaw is amazing and, like Trout, we are incredibly fortunate that we live in an era of MLB.TV/Extra Innings/etc and can them whenever we want.

• Options
    Really good article here: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/kershaw-is-forcing-us-to-confront-the-pedro-question/

It actually ends a little unclear, pointing out that our systems for seasonal/run environment adjustments are far from perfect. But the fact that the question is even worth considering is incredible. Kershaw has been so incredible that it's finally time to compare someone to Pedro and without hyperbole (like who was that Cards pitcher that during the WS in 2013 the broadcasters kept saying was nicknamed "little Pedro"? Like that was stupid).

Kershaw is amazing and, like Trout, we are incredibly fortunate that we live in an era of MLB.TV/Extra Innings/etc and can them whenever we want.

was it carlos martinez?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Or Wacha

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Hey Raijin, how's your team doing today?

Actually really well.

Oh yeah well Maikel Franco, Troy Tulowitzki, and Christian Yelich are all injured and Roughned Odor is getting ready to start his suspension.

Fuck you

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I'm a Braves fan, so I'm going to a AAA game this weekend to see Ozzie Albies. Should be fun.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

was it carlos martinez?

yup

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    The love of my life, Nomar Mazara, donged a 491ft dinger today.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    That's quite a donger.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Good thing I did today: Bench Hector Santiago, who gave up 5 ER in 2 1/3 innings.

Bad thing I did today: Play Michael Wacha, who gave up 8 runs in 5 innings.

I miss my pitching staff from the first few weeks.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options

was it carlos martinez?

That was it.

At the time I remeber saying "dudes a rookie. You don't compare ANY rookie to Pedro. " Pedro is one of the best all time. His 99 and 00 seasons are beyond otherworldly. Kershaw now gets to be compared to Pedro, because he's put himself in that rarified air. But that kid at that time certainly wasn't there and it was ridiculous.

• Options
    Yasmany Tomas has actually been decent this season. Another worthy late draft pick by me

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Yasmany Tomas has actually been decent this season. Another worthy late draft pick by me

boooooooooooooooo

• Options
  • Options
    Mazara is going to have a place on my team for a long time.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Until you trade him for Miguel Cabrera

• Options
    It would take a pretty fat ransom to get Mazara from me right now

• Options
    Cabrera is more thick than fat but whatever, it's your trade.

• Options
    Ho hum 10 runs on 13 hits. Just another day at the ballpark for the Boston offense

This discussion has been closed.