Options

Fire Emblem Fates: Soft Reset is L + R + Start

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    every character has great growths in awakening and second seals instantly make anyone overpowered

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    re: Olivia being a powerhouse - Yes

In many ways she's the best parent for L outside of the Avatar

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Playing on hard/classic. Only just made it to chapter 3. When will my units start dropping like flies?
    can you romance your adoptive siblings in conquest

ya

also ninjas are bullshit

• Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    can you romance your adoptive siblings in conquest

ya

also ninjas are bullshit

EvilCake on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    re: Olivia being a powerhouse - Yes

In many ways she's the best parent for L outside of the Avatar

Yeah, she's goddamn ridiculous at this point

I almost wish there was some sort of level-up dialogue change to reflect the increase in power she has at this point

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Oh no

Oh no Effie is Super Sully, like if Kjelle had finished growing up and then did the fusion dance with Oswin
    Don't tell me stuff like that, Wyborn. If too many Nohrians exceed expectations my plans to try to skip Fates will end up in shambles.

In the first scene where you meet Effie
    She had fallen behind in a swamp

She thinks this is probably because she had weighted down her armor with too many training stones

Honestly. I always thought Conquest sounded more my speed just cause the ads made Hoshido sound like a bunch of hippies.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Regarding promotions and shit: the general rule of thumb is to wait until level 20 to promote because levels were finite.

Key word being "were" because Awakening allowed you to reclass, meaning in theory you could just keep leveling a character until they hit stat caps. Not sure if Fates lets you do this (although it seems heart seals would?), but I know they nerfed Aptitude so Villager isn't one of the God Classes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Haha Effie just shot up in my "wow she's got moxie" category

Niles/Effie conversation
    she's mad that Niles is teaching Elise naughty phrases and she shows her displeasure by crushing an apple one-handed.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Regarding promotions and shit: the general rule of thumb is to wait until level 20 to promote because levels were finite.

Key word being "were" because Awakening allowed you to reclass, meaning in theory you could just keep leveling a character until they hit stat caps. Not sure if Fates lets you do this (although it seems heart seals would?), but I know they nerfed Aptitude so Villager isn't one of the God Classes.

I've heard that levels are capped at 99 now with use of a different seal, or something? Granted, 99 is still fucking crazy, so...

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

Yeah. Aptitude is only like +10% instead of +50%

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    20%, but if conquest is as hard as people say then you would never get a chance to level her up

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Oh I leveled her twice in her recruitment level just now

It's hard, but you have far more options for boosting a character's damage between Maid/Butler debuffs and a combination of support skills and pairups

I'm trying to figure if I want to use her long term; I THINK I do, because one of those level ups got 7 stats

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Honestly I'm just gonna leave her alone for now and boost her when the xp map comes out.

Too little space as is. And the babysitting can be a liability on some maps.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Dang, Chapter 5 is wiping the floor with my team! Dragon!Corrine is doing just fine, but I can't seem to make it down to the end of the map fast enough to save Ryoma. Maybe I'm being too cautious with the wyrmblade dudes, but I can't really lure them out since my sidekicks are made of tissue paper

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    aw dang i think i just found the donnel equivalent

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Dang, Chapter 5 is wiping the floor with my team! Dragon!Corrine is doing just fine, but I can't seem to make it down to the end of the map fast enough to save Ryoma. Maybe I'm being too cautious with the wyrmblade dudes, but I can't really lure them out since my sidekicks are made of tissue paper

you actually don't need to save ryoma in that mission

as far as i know permadeath doesn't kick in until chapter 7

• Options

you actually don't need to save ryoma in that mission

as far as i know permadeath doesn't kick in until chapter 7

which now that i think about it, makes sense because otherwise you could purposely fuck up the early missions to take out future bosses

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Oh well uh

Hmm. I've been rage-soft-resetting every time he bit the dust, probably missing the text explaining that he's fine, then! :/

Thanks for the heads up, I'll go give it another shot!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Surely hitting Home Button > X is faster than resetting the whole DS

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Early game spoilers
    I'm finding the fact that the protagonist is amnesiac way funnier than I should

It's just so...anime

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Soft reset takes you back to the title screen, so it's pretty quick.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

The soft reset kicks the game back to the title menu, it doesn't reset the system

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh!
    Well I learned something new tonight

• Options

For what it's worth I don't think you even can save Ryoma in the time allotted

Don't be ashamed to dogpile the living shit out of the Wyrmblade dudes, they hit like trains

Luckily your avatar can one-shot them if you get the spacing right

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

For what it's worth I don't think you even can save Ryoma in the time allotted

Don't be ashamed to dogpile the living shit out of the Wyrmblade dudes, they hit like trains

Luckily your avatar can one-shot them if you get the spacing right

Yeah you can

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also I'm considering turning on classic to get takumi fucking murdered and then turning it back off

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I can't believe the Jeigan is just Albert Wesker

10/10

Edit: also Elise stop winking at your sister. She only has one eye, it's really insensitive to keep showing off like that

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Finally able to start playing, am making my character now

Can I be a dancer

What's the maid class

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Regarding Chapter 5
    Man, MAN this casting included some good screamers. The voice I picked did it real good; the voice SilverWind picked basically split the Earth

@Daypigeon do you mean he's voiced by Albert Wesker or what

Edit: Whippy, take Troubadour if you want to promote into the Maid class. I don't think you can be a dancer, that's exclusive

If you're asking what the Maid class does, it's a combination healer/debuffer that doesn't give a fuck about getting hit by magic. Not the best for killing but mayeb the best utility class the series has ever produced

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    Finally able to start playing, am making my character now

Can I be a dancer

What's the maid class

i think someone said troubador can class into the maid

also i just unlocked seals and there are seals that reclass you based on who your maxed out supports are

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Regarding Chapter 5
    Man, MAN this casting included some good screamers. The voice I picked did it real good; the voice SilverWind picked basically split the Earth

same voice actor

a friend and i ended up beating our heads against the end of RE5 for hours, I'd recognize it anywhere

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I just extended a battle I could've won by an extra turn or two to grind out some more exp/relationship points

Am I a Real Fire Emblem Guy now

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Okay so troubadour turns into maid but what is maid

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    Okay so troubadour turns into maid but what is maid

It's a combination healer/debuffer that doesn't give a fuck about getting hit by magic. Not the best for killing but mayeb the best utility class the series has ever produced

They fight with throwing daggers

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    they use staves and daggers and they are the best

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    Regarding Chapter 5

same voice actor

a friend and i ended up beating our heads against the end of RE5 for hours, I'd recognize it anywhere

You mean Legion, everyone's Geth buddy?

Delightful!

• Options
    edited February 2016
    So...that Conquest mission where you have to hold a position.

It actually made me go back and rearrange my equipment. Hell...I even used those usually useless tonics.

Also I love the support change. Choosing when you need offense and when you need defense so cool.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    are maids/butlers the same

• Options
    I really hate how seperating eats both characters' turn though

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Dammit, I'm losing confidence in all my Awakening pairing plans.

I was thinking of trying Chrom x Maribelle for a change of pace, but it's such a disappointment in terms of the next generation that I don't think I can follow through with it. So now I'm torn between doing boring ol' Chrom x Sumia and getting a Cynthia with Aether or attempting Chrom x Olivia so Lucina has the option of going Swordmaster (I'm not sure what I'd reclass her as otherwise; I guess she and Chrom would just both have to go the Paladin/Great Knight route).

I think I'm coming back around on Cordelia x Kellam. Partially because Severa having access to Knight might be neat for some mother-daughter airdrop combos.

Also I think I'm going to reclass Panne to Thief at some point and have her be my lockpicker, so I might not pair Gaius with anyone important after all. Maybe I'll try Lon'qu x Cherche? Especially if Lucina ends up not being able to go Swordmaster, since that increases the incentive to keep Lon'qu around.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
This discussion has been closed.