As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @TehSpectre maybe put a few words in the OP that the card on saturday starts at 12:45 PM EST.

aka early af PST

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    My eyelid flipped inside out while inside an armless triangle yesterday. So that's new. Realized all of a sudden I couldn't close that eye and had to push back up to flip it back. Pretty. neat. Also armless triangles are bull.

I just had to google what they are, gat damn that's sneaky.

Same here. I would have thought it was a modified gogoplata at first if someone didn't tell me it had a name first.

It's the same concept as a gogo, but instead of pulling against the leg with your arms, you're pulling against the arm with your legs. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfRnKEYrB2I

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    My eyelid flipped inside out while inside an armless triangle yesterday. So that's new. Realized all of a sudden I couldn't close that eye and had to push back up to flip it back. Pretty. neat. Also armless triangles are bull.

They're pretty weak but they're super annoying, tear up your ears a bit normally but it's usually just a bit of a neck crank, these guys were grabbing for the leg to cut an angle to up the neck crank power and if they get the leg they go for a toe hold if it's close enough. A version of it I've seen that can be real nasty and can put someone out is called the gun show, it's an armless triangle where you use one arm and one leg, this video shows gun show control which is with an arm in so just think this without an arm in. Not high percentage or anything but I've seen some guys that can be real slick with it. This is the best clip I could find.

Also as far as weird jiujitsu here's my favorite new weird thing I'm playing around with.

https://youtu.be/D0wn2DVflWs

Then working on finishing armbars with one arm and one controlling the legs and guillotines from weird spots. Oh and carni transition to the truck but that's more just fucking around.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Same here. I would have thought it was a modified gogoplata at first if someone didn't tell me it had a name first.

It's the same concept as a gogo, but instead of pulling against the leg with your arms, you're pulling against the arm with your legs. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfRnKEYrB2I

Oh just saw this, this is what I was referring to as a gun show. These guys were just locking the legs in either a triangle or lockdown with my neck/head in there and squeezing and they'd be able to hold it somehow. They were trying to force a hand in to look for the gun show, the armless triangle shown in that video but I could feel them digging and they arent getting that in there without me passing. Great video find, I'd been looking for a good one of it. Anyways, yeah, my head got stuck, leg got peeled up over my eyes, dude is still squeezing, I try to sink down out further, my eyelid peels back and folds over, I realized I couldnt close that eye anymore and felt it so had to grind back up to force my eyelid back down and then work my way out.

Also while these guys were just grabbing with the legs and somehow locking that in ((which I couldn't see and didn't get a chance to ask about)) they have just my head and neck locked in between the legsand they reach and angle for my leg trying to create an angle to torque my neck to get a neck crank, then if they get the leg and I haven't tapped it's a toe hold option. It felt like a pretty weak crank but it definitely wasn't comfortable, ended up there two or three times, one of the guys going for it was a little guy so was easier for him to eliminate space and I'm making it a point not to use my size advantage.

Chessboxing909 on
    "I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Hmm, I'd definitely be interested to see how they're holding you in place with just their legs on your neck. Seems like something that'd gas the legs real quick, unless there's some detail I can't imagine that makes it possible.

I'm about to hit week 4 of training and while definitely a little creaky, nothing has fallen off yet. About another month until I can get back to getting by arse kicked rolling. Cannae wait!

• Options
    Hmm, I'd definitely be interested to see how they're holding you in place with just their legs on your neck. Seems like something that'd gas the legs real quick, unless there's some detail I can't imagine that makes it possible.

I'm about to hit week 4 of training and while definitely a little creaky, nothing has fallen off yet. About another month until I can get back to getting by arse kicked rolling. Cannae wait!

I'm not sure if they're using a lockdown type squeeze or a very tight figure four but it was really locking my head in place for a few and was really really annoying. There's no way that taps me unless I get super impatient and post a foot high enough for them to grab and s itch to a toe hold. Figure fours can be pretty insanely tight, I rolled with a monster at a seminar who's quarter guard I could t break open for anything, I was like full on donkey kicking his leg and unless it hit just perfect and full blast nothing. Today's day four in a row and I feel like straight death but I have someone coming in I promised I'd train with. Also need to go in and see if there's new on our guys that had ankles snap on leg scissor take downs, it's sounding like surgery for one guy for sure, looks like a certain tendon snapped. Really sucks. But yeah ramp up training man, I'm always stoked when people get into it or get back into it after a layoff, I can't imagine life without the stuff. Like very painful crack.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular

I'm not sure if they're using a lockdown type squeeze or a very tight figure four but it was really locking my head in place for a few and was really really annoying. There's no way that taps me unless I get super impatient and post a foot high enough for them to grab and s itch to a toe hold. Figure fours can be pretty insanely tight, I rolled with a monster at a seminar who's quarter guard I could t break open for anything, I was like full on donkey kicking his leg and unless it hit just perfect and full blast nothing. Today's day four in a row and I feel like straight death but I have someone coming in I promised I'd train with. Also need to go in and see if there's new on our guys that had ankles snap on leg scissor take downs, it's sounding like surgery for one guy for sure, looks like a certain tendon snapped. Really sucks. But yeah ramp up training man, I'm always stoked when people get into it or get back into it after a layoff, I can't imagine life without the stuff. Like very painful crack.

I'd kind of gotten used to it having been off so long, but it's made coming back all the more joyful. Definitely baby steps at the moment though. Some of the technique is still knocking around in the ol' noggin, but my body has completely regressed. Was even getting the classic white belt sore knees from the first few classes, and we weren't even working guard or anything.

Been paired up with mostly fellow white belts so far, but was with a proper blue belt on Wednesday. Was a pertinent reminder of my place in the BJJ world :D

• Options
    Aw man Andre Galvao is out of EBI, backed out and said he wants to focus on gi. Booooooo.

Yeah I still get murdered, I know a lot technically but I sure can't pull all of it off yet. I study my ass off though. Just wish I had started younger, I definitely can't keep up with some of these younger guys, I have to slow the pace and make it a grind and be patient to get things sometimes.

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    To those who have the bravery to click on this link, I'm sorry, so very sorry. Some things cannot be unseen.

But you have to admit, its a surprisingly good photoshop.

Btw, could be considered mildly NSFW.

• Options
    Oh hell no haha

• Options
    Big win in Glory for a local guy here, Richard Abraham. It's on the super fights part of the card if you have fight pass. Guy hits REALLY freaking hard.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Here's your EA sports UFC 2 roster. Man I hope this one doesn't suck.

https://www.easports.com/ufc/fighter-roster

Couple in there I was really happy to see.

Chessboxing909 on

• Options
    heh

conor on the cover >_>

ea sports curse inc

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    So we finally got to train leg kicks today. I was partnered up with a dude larger and far more experienced than me, and when he was holding for me he was encouraging me to go full blast, and when I was holding for him he was going light because I am a noob at this.

And I said "hey man, you can go harder than that, it's fine"

Ha.

Ha.

I'm going to regret this decision tomorrow.

I think he was still going half power.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Oh, there's UFC happening right now.

Also, we'll see Silva in action after his drug test woes. How will he look?

dum dum duuuuum

Edit: Weirdness in the Jarjis Danho vs. Daniel Omielanczuk fight. - Danho (who was losing a decision, IMO) got hit by a low blow punch (which is hard to see if it actually hits the cup or the beltline) and could not continue the fight in the 3rd round. This will not be a DQ as it was accidental and it's the 3rd round, so they will go to the scorecards. Weirdness.

Omielanczuk takes the decision, but it was a weird thing.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    aw man i forgot about this even though i reminded you of this

;-;

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Parke causes Khabilov to bunch himself in the face and split open his own eye.

That's a thing.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016

;-;
    Sorry, DUE, I haven't been on the forums for a few days. :X

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »

;-;
    Sorry, DUE, I haven't been on the forums for a few days. :X

nah i was just catching up on some much needed sleep

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WORLD CUP K.O.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, that was awesome.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Wow. That was a clean hard ko

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    A rare condition that prevents her from making facial expressions?

New thing to be afraid of.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Here we go, let's go Davey Grant

• Options
    Stay mid air while I talk to you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Its cool that someone here knows Davey Grant, gives me an extra reason to be invested, as far as Im concerned he's team penny arcade though he'll never know it

• Options
    marc goddard came to do a job today.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/0ikLSI3

did you guys know we were getting Goku vs Vegeta today

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    YOU GUYS. Silva vs Bisping
    Anderson Silva KO'D Bisping with a flying knee at the end of the fight because Bisping was waiting for Herb to stop the combat to give him an opportunity to grab his mouth piece.

When Bisping pointed at the mouth piece Silver blasts him AND the buzzer for the round goes off.

Silva begins his celebration while Herb Dean is frantically yelling that the fight is not over while Bisping is KO'D on the ground.

CHAOS ENSUES

fight RESUMES after Bisping has been KOd

there has already been one knock out in this fight. Two KOs in one fight!?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    great main event

• Options
    both fighters won

dana white is so happy right now

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'm so happy with that result

Bisping does it again <3

• Options
    edited February 2016
    The only thing that could have made that fight better is if Herb Dean was KO'd and Chael Sonnen ran in with a referee uniform on at the last second and saved Bisping from a triangle to close out the fight.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I fell asleep and woke up at the end of round 3 to all that crazy stuff, man I was instantly cheering for Bisping, great show of heart, dude just kept going after him even though he could barely see, Awesome.

• Options
    Now, I didn't see the main event, but I'm confused.

How can a guy literally be KO'd at one point in the match and still win?

That doesn't make any sense.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Now, I didn't see the main event, but I'm confused.

How can a guy literally be KO'd at one point in the match and still win?

That doesn't make any sense.

the knee landed right on the buzzer and bisping wasn't so out of it that dean felt the need to stop the fight between rounds

• Options
    Ah.

I read that he was totally KO'd. Figured he was out of it, they waited for him to wake up and then they kept going.

Sounded like a really terrible decision.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Ah.

I read that he was totally KO'd. Figured he was out of it, they waited for him to wake up and then they kept going.

It wasn't. Bisping won the first 3 rounds easily, Silva technically KO'd him in the 4th and maybe the 5th but still didn't capitalize. If he'd tried to finish the fight, he'd have won. It was the right decision.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That was a good fight.

Bisping was winning the first two rounds easily, and the third until his mouthpiece was knocked out, but then won the fifth easily too (and the fourth I think). Silva was trying to showboat and just look for moments of diminished concentration and it bit him in the butt on the score card (the knee was valid because Dean didn't tell them to stop and Bisping just assumed Dean was telling them to stop after Silva's flurries to hand him the mouth piece). Bisping pulled a reverse Rory and was able to just stay in the fight despite the bashed face and get the decision.

• Options
    Ah.

It wasn't. Bisping won the first 3 rounds easily, Silva technically KO'd him in the 4th and maybe the 5th but still didn't capitalize. If he'd tried to finish the fight, he'd have won. It was the right decision.

I meant that it sounded like a terrible decision for them to keep the fight going based off of what I thought happened with Bisping at the time.