As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    It would be cool if she went and trained with the Diaz brothers and could box with them everyday

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    It is sad to see one goof ruin a talented career.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    she can go teach conor how to do judo and make him more powerful than ever

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

I feel like it's entirely Ronda's fault, frankly.

I don't think Edmond has ever trained anyone that got better. The only other name fighter at GFC is Travis Browne. He was 7-2-1 before he joined GFC. He's 2-3 since joining them.

Her mom and literally anyone else that had any idea about striking was telling her that Edmond was horrible. She ignored them. I don't know why. Maybe Edmond is a really great guy besides his terrible coaching and she would feel guilty for leaving him. Maybe he would blackmail her. I have no idea. But something is keeping her there and it isn't world class training.

The point is, she should be able to hear the people telling her that she's at a terrible place and she should react to that accordingly. Sure, Edmond is awful, but he can only transfer that awfulness to others if they're stupid enough to pay him and show up. If she plans to stay in MMA (which I doubt), she needs to recognize what is going on and get in touch with someone who actually knows what is going on in the striking game.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    By the way, Cody Garbrant become the 11th undefeated fighter in UFC history to win a title.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    eEK!eEK! Registered User regular

I feel like it's entirely Ronda's fault, frankly.

I don't think Edmond has ever trained anyone that got better. The only other name fighter at GFC is Travis Browne. He was 7-2-1 before he joined GFC. He's 2-3 since joining them.

Her mom and literally anyone else that had any idea about striking was telling her that Edmond was horrible. She ignored them. I don't know why. Maybe Edmond is a really great guy besides his terrible coaching and she would feel guilty for leaving him. Maybe he would blackmail her. I have no idea. But something is keeping her there and it isn't world class training.

The point is, she should be able to hear the people telling her that she's at a terrible place and she should react to that accordingly. Sure, Edmond is awful, but he can only transfer that awfulness to others if they're stupid enough to pay him and show up. If she plans to stay in MMA (which I doubt), she needs to recognize what is going on and get in touch with someone who actually knows what is going on in the striking game.

Sounds like the same sort of thing as Fedor and his priest. Seems to be a common problem for athletes, so I'd guess spending your youth mindlessly following orders isn't great for critical thinking.

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Ever wonder what happens when a juiced up behemoth of a woman takes on a senior citizen?

https://t.co/gR0VWP28mc

• Options
    the octagon needs more ropes to bounce off of

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Ever wonder what happens when a juiced up behemoth of a woman takes on a senior citizen?

https://t.co/gR0VWP28mc

No.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Awesomed only for the sadness of the whole thing. What did they expect, really.

• Options
    I mean, I'll watch it.

But I don't understand why it would happen. Surely a contender can be found for at least one of them before May?

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Of all the catchweight superfights that the ufc could have but hasn't done over the years and then this.

The mind boggles.

• Options
    I guess its just a matter of both parties coming to agreeable terms.

For this fight, T-Wood wants big money fights, and Bisping wants to hold on to his title as long as possible, so its a win-win for both of them.

Bisping is gunna whup him though.

Believe you me Buddeh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MJup0oB7F8

• Options
    It don't matter though, they can fight each other too their hearts content after Conor takes both their titles

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Brutal.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    That's incredible.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Chael Sonnen is on the new season of the Celebrity Apprentice.

I don't know if he's playing the heel like he did in the UFC but that would be perfect.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »

I don't know if he's playing the heel like he did in the UFC but that would be perfect.

But he's already a successful business owner. That seems. . .okay. Sure.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gangster business

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Any of you that watched WWE in the 2000's will probably remember this fresh-faced young man.

He's now part of the UFC's rotating cast of announcers.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/4/14164042/ufc-hires-wwe-espn-todd-grisham-as-play-by-play-commentator-mma-mike-goldberg

• Options
    The wordless and quiet removal of Milk Goldberg is. . .hm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Didn't he get in trouble for his real estate business. I swear there were fraud charges.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Didn't he get in trouble for his real estate business. I swear there were fraud charges.

he has a pizza place i think

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuPmNipDI6E

i just remembered I have a league of legends alt account called ChaelSonnenRealEstate

https://wlhsnow.com/current-events/2014/04/02/mean-street-pizza-changes-ownership/

but okay he no longer owns a pizza joint either.

*shrug*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Wanderlei to Bellator

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Wanderlei to Bellator

oh lord. So we can watch his lights get brutally shut out again? the head trauma kid rides again?

one of his last ones were he went limp for a few minutes was scarey man....

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Also looking to get Bader
    The Viacom-owned promotion will make light heavyweight Ryan Bader (22-5 MMA, 15-5 UFC) an offer within the next two weeks, according to a senior Bellator official.

The fighter currently is within the matching period of his UFC deal, meaning the industry-leading promotion has the right to match any offer made by another promoter.

• Options
    Bader's not that great anyway. Most the 205 weight class kinda sucks these days.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Wanderlei should go to Japan.

It has done wonders for Cro Cops career.... if you get my meaning...

• Options
    This is a better send-off for Goldberg than the UFC did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IWSIg6C4H0

• Options
    There was no send off right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    There was no send off right?

Correct

• Options
    So, uhm, Nunes also looked kinda crappy against Rousey. That was some sloppy murder.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    So, uhm, Nunes also looked kinda crappy against Rousey. That was some sloppy murder.

No need for technique when your opponent stands flat-footed, shoulders square, straight up and down, and has her hands wide enough you could drive a truck through them.

Now she should've maintained her discipline and picked Rhonda apart in many small combos, but sometime.you just get so excited and/or flabbergasted at such a choice target you just gotta have it.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
  • Options
    She picks the most international sport to badmouth, with the most foreigners. I get you wanted to have something with "arts" in it to snidely dismiss as not being authentic like you are but come on, get over yourself.

• Options
    It really made no sense in the larger context of what she was saying, too.

Highly confusing and, above all, ignorant.