As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Gentlemen, Conor McGregor is not retiring from MMA. It's a ploy to negotiate a better deal. Like it was the last time he retired.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    It isn't confirmed yet or not whether he's being investigated for sexual assult. This is just a major news outlet reporting on the rumours, right around the time Conor is already in the news in order to garner more clicks. Until he's formally charged these are nothing but Irish whatsapp group rumours.

Also calling someone of irish decent a "carny fuck" is definitely not gonna fly.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Gentlemen, Conor McGregor is not retiring from MMA. It's a ploy to negotiate a better deal. Like it was the last time he retired.
    hey, man

I used quotations

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Garry Tonon had another One FC fight last night, really impressed with his jiujitsu. Looking at him, Ryan Hall and some others really makes me think jiujitsu will be a bigger deal in MMA down the line while it had taken a back seat some the last few years.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    There was a fucking sweet sub in the UFC last night as well. Jack Hermansson pulled off a slick triangle on David Branch.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    There was a fucking sweet sub in the UFC last night as well. Jack Hermansson pulled off a slick triangle on David Branch.

Yeah, that sweep into triangle combo was fucking taaaasty. Especially given how it looked like he could barely stand earlier in the round.

• Options
    To be fair, David Branch sucks.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    He's got a bunch of grappling credentials though. He's a Renzo Gracie black belt with an MMA win over Vinny Magalhaes. Legit win!

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Stand & bang Magalhaes. Meh.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Dillashaw popped for EPO, suspended 2 years

• Options
    Dillashaw popped for EPO, suspended 2 years

Bye bye legacy.

• Options
    Add Trauma Induced Dementia to BJ's many modes.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    lol that doesn't seem safe... top guy in a ground fighting position all of the sudden gets open for bunch of shots to the back of the head? like is the strategy to pull guard and hold your opponent there on top of you while your teammates come hit him in the back of the head?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Did anyone see rorys fight on the weekend? seems like he's done-zo with fighting :(

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    That 3v3 fight looks like complete trash and is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Did anyone see rorys fight on the weekend? seems like he's done-zo with fighting :(

What happened?

It looks like he still has the belt, yea? Why is he done?

• Options
    That 3v3 fight looks like complete trash and is a disaster waiting to happen.

so that apparently wasn't this promotion's first foray into it
    https://youtu.be/WpSHtMq0YAE
    this was, and this apparently went so well they decided to do it again
    ridiculous

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Someone is literally going to get permanently hurt or something and it will blow up in their faces. If I were another MMA organization I would be absolutely livid about that shit.

• Options
    nah

His fight with one of the millions of Gracies is confirmed.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Brock's officially retired from the UFC, per Helwani and Okamoto

• Options
    Too bad, I wouldn't mind seeing Honky Kong get smashed one more time.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Here's rory post fight speech see why I was sad about it, he's always been my fave fighter

He's made a twitter post about it too

Seems to have some stuff going on, obviously just wish him the best with whatever is going on

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    So I hate the UFC as a company, but I got free tickets to UFC Ottawa.

I figure I'm not giving them my money so it's fine and I get to see Cowboy fight.

Also it's in a box so I don't have to mingle with the plebs

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    Reznik wrote: »

I figure I'm not giving them my money so it's fine and I get to see Cowboy fight.

I'm sorry you have to see Cowboy squish under Iaquinta's pressure.

:bigfrown:

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Reznik wrote: »

I'm sorry you have to see Cowboy squish under Iaquinta's pressure.

:bigfrown:

You were saying? :P

Fun night. A couple stinker fights, but Swanson/Burgos and Cowboy/Iaquinta more than made up for it.

Still not the ideal way to watch UFC, but hey, I ain't gonna turn down free tickets.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    oops

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I love watching Cowboy fight.

He just uses the whole toolbox and uses it all so well.

• Options
    I love watching Cowboy fight.

He just uses the whole toolbox and uses it all so well.

wrestler dude woo noise

• Options
    thug rose :(

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    thug rose :(

Yup :(

She was looking fantastic in that first round. Hell of a slam from Andrade though, can't take that away from her. I'm definitely more concerned with Rose's brief post fight interview, sounds like she was having a hard time with all the pressure of being at the top.

• Options
  • Options
    I googled Sage because I didn't know he was cut and wanted to see his record. Weird that let him go after a 3 fight win streak.

But the top google suggested links were super funny.

"Sage Northcutt: from UFC reject to ONE Championship's newest prodigy" (2 days ago)

"Watch Sage Northcutt get KTFO in 29 seconds in ONE Championship debut" (16 min ago)

• Options
    I googled Sage because I didn't know he was cut and wanted to see his record. Weird that let him go after a 3 fight win streak.

But the top google suggested links were super funny.

"Sage Northcutt: from UFC reject to ONE Championship's newest prodigy" (2 days ago)

"Watch Sage Northcutt get KTFO in 29 seconds in ONE Championship debut" (16 min ago)
    I think Sage was making a good chunk of $ for his fights and his dad was his manager, so I assumed they asked for an astronomical amount and UFC balked, but ONE didn't.

ONE was in a position where they get publicity for signing him, if Sage does well they made a great choice in an effort to diversify their roster with another known American face, and if Sage does poorly they say "look at these UFC scrubs compared to our guys, we're the premier MMA promotion!".

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Hey, sometimes you just get knocked the fuck out.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Hey, sometimes you just get knocked the fuck out.

speaking of which
    holy hell deontay wilder

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Damn, it was a nasty punch, but it seriously had to have a perfect storm of factors and the impact zone just right to cause that much damage.

Imagine if Sage got hit by Deontay Wilder's right from last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXe0AFrZe3o

His head would probably be in low Earth orbit.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai