As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    If Sage took that shot, his head would be a bag of red mush and marbles.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    luke thomas did an interview with faber who was saying he didnt want sage to take that fight seemed to be implying he was a bit small, that fighters over in one are still cutting weight, and they pulled 30 splinters of bone from sages face during the op.

also rena is signed up to fight in bellator at their msg event, did not know that card is so stacked

• Options
    did anyone else catch valentina jessica live

• Options
    Yes I did. That was terrifying. The little jig after murdering a woman was a sight to behold.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was one of the most brutal KOs I've seen, not just in the women's division, but period.

Shame about the end of Cowboy vs Ferguson, seemed like Tony was just starting to turn things up in the second. Thought it was probably good for Cowboy not to see the third though tbh.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Joe Rogan has been talking about not blowing your nose for years now, now we know why

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    FB-IMG-1560369514412.jpg

The Funky One's fight is getting closer! I am a big Masvidal mark, so I'm disappointed he has to lose, but Askren is headed to the top, baybee!

I do appreciate Masvidal offering Askren a 3-piece & a drink in this poster.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Seeing Cowboy joking around and smiling after that fight with his mauled face...

Dang dude. That's a tough fella.

• Options
    not a bad bellator card

chael has finally retired, he had no answers for machidas kicks and knees

how good is rorys grappling

pico got stopped again

horiguchi is now 2 promotion champ

what are they gonna do with danis i wonder, i hope it isnt another 10 fights of submitting dudes like that

• Options
    not a bad bellator card

chael has finally retired, he had no answers for machidas kicks and knees

how good is rorys grappling

pico got stopped again

horiguchi is now 2 promotion champ

what are they gonna do with danis i wonder, i hope it isnt another 10 fights of submitting dudes like that
    They sure had Michael Page fight nobodies for years before giving him actual fights this year.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    i dont know why danis was fighting at catchweight either, wasnt he suspended from the khabib stupidity

apparently theyre giving valentina carmouche next

also apparently kron had a fight lined up too and now its off? i thought he wanted to fight as often as poss

• Options
    Hey wonderboy has a youtubes now, I like how he mentions the little step tell in his roundhouse kick vid

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Holy shit that slip into overhand right was perfect.

KZ is the best and I love him so much.

• Options
    aye perfect is the word, i hope he gets a quick turn around a la young tyson

we got jds and francis this weekend, junior is saying he wants to ko him, i hope he does try to i wanna see those 2 throwing even if its a bit scary just to watch

• Options
    Yeah, those two round 1 have to be the scariest punchers out there. Gonna be squeaky butt hole from the get go.

• Options
    well! obviously he went through with his plan, I dont know how else he expected it to end though my duder. i hope francis keeps on with that kicking game.

also apparently this happened today too
    Ross Houston and Nicolas Dalby’s title unification bout in the main event of Cage Warriors 106: Night of Champions at the Hammersmith Apollo had to be called off after the amount of blood in the cage and the damage both men sustained saw the fight stopped.

I guess itd be on fightpass or something somewhere but I hope they just throw it up on youtube

• Options
    That fight that got stopped because of the blood is hilarious

Dan Hardy has a vid chatting with Jorge Masvidal, not an interview, not quite a podcast, just hangin' it's a great listen

https://youtu.be/Bt-Z7D4o2PQ

• Options
    completely gutted

unsure if ill ever recover

rip askren

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Just saw a clip. Wow.

• Options
    that was sure as fuck not a boring card

santos did more damage in that fight imo

• Options
    The most insane card I've ever seen. It's christmas in july and santa's handing out naps.

From unbeaten to murder victim in 2 seconds. The last three seconds were some sort of floridian ritual corpse desecration.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Just saw a clip. Wow.

Best reaction I've seen/heard was from Israel Adesanya. He was getting interviewed backstage and saw a replay on one of the monitors and lost his shit:

"The n----r planked?! He brought planking back!"

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Like I get you're a world class wrestler and all but you can't just try to shoot for a takedown attempt from way on the other side of the cage like at least try to set that shit up or something

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    He's right though. Not engaging in shit talking and show boating before a fight/match was something I learned way back in high school wrestling before I ever stepped into a ring/cage.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I didn't recognize at first but apparently Masvidal used to fight in the same scene as Kimbo Slice in South Florida. There's a video on YouTube of him fighting one of Slice's people in a backyard fight from a long time ago that I had probably seen a dozen times.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That’s the most threatening sentence to ever contain the name Whole Foods. I appreciate the specificity.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    I didn't recognize at first but apparently Masvidal used to fight in the same scene as Kimbo Slice in South Florida. There's a video on YouTube of him fighting one of Slice's people in a backyard fight from a long time ago that I had probably seen a dozen times.

he talks about those fights at about 30mins into that vid i linked

• Options
    I love the way Masvidal says "three". Musicality!

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    On Monday, an MRI exam showed that the left knee meniscus and all its ligaments are completely torn, his team told MMA Fighting.

fark all that
    and he still beat steroid boy 8-)

• Options
    That makes me so dang sad.

I just want to see Jones lose. And that could have really been the opponent to do that had the knee injury not occurred.

• Options
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    The most insane card I've ever seen. It's christmas in july and santa's handing out naps.

From unbeaten to murder victim in 2 seconds. The last three seconds were some sort of floridian ritual corpse desecration.

Santa wasn't done. Santa is behind schedule and is declaring nap time on little boys in girls with a quickness. 5 minutes or less to comply.

Also, when I rejuvenate into a body with coordination I want to grow up to be Ryan Hall. That was the most bizarre fight I've ever seen. Compared to Hall vs Elkins, Paulo Filho vs Chael Sonnen II was normal everyday shit. Spinning shit to imanari roll and the grabby butt flop. This accurately describes a fight between two grown men. At one point Hall just started leading with double spinning backfists to relax.

I think there's an upper limit to how far these antics will take Hall. Any good pressure fighter should be able to take away the spinning threat. If you're not subbed it's fairly easy to stand up. Then you just have too punch a writhing ocotpuss for a bit and you've won. Still, very cool style to watch and I hope Ryan Hall becomes a force in the UFC.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    This was on front page of Reddit and made me giggle. Ryan Hall every time he wins.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Dana has apparently announced Gaethje and Cerrone for 14 sept

• Options
    jon. jones. get. your. shit. together.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    ESPN wrote:
    Per the criminal summons, the woman told police of Jones: "I just don't want to deal with this person. I think he is a fucking piece of shit. The whole situation is so complicated and I'm not really sure what to say and this person gets away with fucking everything."

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Yep. That sure sounds like Jon Jones.

Luckily he has THE LORD on his side so he can keep being a garbage human.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    hell yeah robs fight will be in melb

same day as rugby grand final but whatevs

• Options
    hell yeah robs fight will be in melb

same day as rugby grand final but whatevs

60000 seat stadium too.

S'gonna be LOUD.

• Options