As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Fuuuck... watching BJ Penn get stalked around the cage like prey was just sad to watch.

:(

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I would have expected Rogan to speak up more about it, especially if he himself has talked about leaving.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    While my friends and I constantly ripped on Goldie while watching the fights and he messed up so often so as to make it almost seem purposeful, I am genuinely a little sad to see him go. He's almost as much a part of the ufc experience as Rogan is for me, and to not even let him say goodbye to the fans is a fucking travesty.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I wondered why Rogan never had him on his podcast, maybe now he'll have him on and he can get some stuff off his chest.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Yeah, no official send off, but he did manage to sneak in a quick goodbye message during the final credits of the PPV.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Khabib vs Ferguson is for the interim title. Farcical.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Yeah. That fight needs to happen. I'm 100% down to watch it.

But enough with the interim titles. They should be used very, very sparingly and that simply isn't the case anymore.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    grumblethorngrumblethorn Registered User regular
    lol wtf. He just won the title in November and they are throwing out a interim title in February? what a bloody joke.

• Options
    Yes, and...Yes, and... Registered User regular
    With TWood-Wonderboy 2 at the top of the card, this is the only way we get a 5-rounder out of this fight. Plus, people say interim titles mean better pay for the competitors, but I don't understand the details of that and can't confirm that it's accurate.

The interim title stuff is BS, but if it's the price of admission that gets us the fight, I say bring it on.

• Options
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    chael gonna break tito's skull again

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    With TWood-Wonderboy 2 at the top of the card, this is the only way we get a 5-rounder out of this fight. Plus, people say interim titles mean better pay for the competitors, but I don't understand the details of that and can't confirm that it's accurate.

The interim title stuff is BS, but if it's the price of admission that gets us the fight, I say bring it on.

I gotta say I prefer a five rounder for that level of competition as well. Oh well, once again it's the commissions that are fucking stupid.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    FEBRUARY 4TH KZ IS BACK I'M SO EXCITED GUYS

• Options
    FEBRUARY 4TH KZ CHAEL IS BACK I'M SO EXCITED GUYS

fix'd for West Linn Gangsta

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Oh man, that bicycle knee was one of the best KOs I've seen in awhile. Semtex still cool to watch.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Well that was disappointing.

• Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Well that was disappointing.

if no one saw it, it didn't happen

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Goldberg talks super weird.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Funny thing I saw about Celebrity Apprentice but shows why Chael is the best
    his team needed more time to get a presentation ready so he literally cut the power cord to buy them more time.

Of course the cameras caught it and he was fired.

But Chael so Chael, he does what's needed to help his current team, like throwing a fight to Ortiz

• Options
    OG man of action

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    quick backstory that isn't filled with teh politics:

-per a Politico article, Senator Ted Cruz is apparently trying to win friends by playing in basketball games up in Washington
    -Deadspin wanted pictures of Senator Ted Cruz playing basketball because it's just Gawker with a sports veneer
    -someone on Cruz's staff sends out a tweet of a Duke college player who looks like Cruz, kind of self deprecating and a joke tweet, this is where it should have ended
    -Deadspin responded by telling Cruz to eat shit (actual tweet).
    -After getting mocked a Deadspin editor tweets this stupid response:

Well ok then bro, here you go:

This needs to happen. Who's the real keyboard jockey now, bro?

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Anybody who uses the phrase 'cuck' is automatically a world class dickbag. His tweets also talk about 'low testosterone' men. Haha, wow. Somebody is overcompensating.

Saw an article stating Kennedy and Glen Beck have offered up 50k a piece to charity to make it happen.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    It looks like no one watched the card from this past weekend, but I saw the results.

Super sad that Cerrone lost. Masvidal is a fun fighter and all, but awwww Donald. :(

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    So dana thinks rhonda is done done.

is a shame, a lot of what befell her is not her fault. She choose to be a bit of a prick in her last few fights leading to holly.... but perhaps with a change in mindset/training would change alot of stuff. but then- Always wanted cerrano to come back and she never did.

Also Bones gets a title shot again when he returns.
    Thats pretty much it- this is wwe; its sports entertainment..... Dudes has blown more main events than anyone ever- they give him another.....

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

chilly there aint no money in damoin maia. he isnt a champion. Diaz bros are rolling paper salesmen now.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

chilly there aint no money in damoin maia. he isnt a champion. Diaz bros are rolling paper salesmen now.

This. Maia is a dangerous fight that's kinda boring to watch and win or lose kills a fighter's hype. It's a bad spot.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    I don't care if it draws money or kills someone's hype.

For me, personally, I just want to see it as a fan. Consequences be damned.

• Options
    Maia's grappling makes my dick hard.

If he doesn't get a titleshot soon I'm worried that he'll be too old.

• Options
    KZ THIS FUCKING WEEKEND.

Man, I hope he's not too rusty.

Fav fighter.

Can't believe he's finally back.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    one of the guys from my gym won the 185 lbs amateur muay thai belt tonight :D

he kneed the soul straight out of his opponent. round ended and the guy couldn't continue.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The fights tonight have been fun king awesome tonight.

Holy shit! OSP just got upset by a debuting fighter who took it on short notice.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I'm glad Anik explained that the Korean Zombie wanted to be called that rather than his real name...wondered why they were just listing his nickname in all the tickers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    ZOMBIE! Can't remember the last time I was this happy over a fight

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    Yes! Just caught up on this weekends fights.

Korean Zombie is back with aplomb!

• Options
    I loved Zombie before moving to Korea, but now I feel even more of an incentive to cheer him.

Was also super jacked about the Korean Superboy fight that happened a month or two ago. That dude is fire. He lost, but he's tough as nails.

• Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    I'm glad Anik explained that the Korean Zombie wanted to be called that rather than his real name...wondered why they were just listing his nickname in all the tickers.

I was laughing with the GF about that before they explained it. I was like "wtf why is his actual name not listed on anything?"

But yea, holy shit he improved his takedown defense. God damn that was good by him. I was worried about ring rust but what a come back.