As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Patch 2.2.0: "Wear What You Want, Yeeesss?" - Variks, the Fashionable

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    It appears team not-raiding went 7-3 tonight, even though we all complained constantly about the bullshit.

Guys, @squall99x has a secret room on Mars that he showed me...

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Since the Referee is intended to confer benefits to those who are not lagging to the detriment of those with bad connections, have you considered that it might be you with the bad connection?

While your suggestion is not without merit, I very much doubt this is the case. I play with @rndmhero quite a bit and his connection is very girthy. Also note that the melee on the other folks works just fine.

I was dead down the end of the corridor, and while waiting to respawn, I was able to see exactly this. There was someone else in chat who also cried bullshit after we'd seen Rndmnhero hit the guy 3-4 times in a bladedance, only to see the other guy effectively blink to the other side of the corridor.

Last night was generally fine, with the exception of one or two players, but it seemed after 12 GMT for our group, it was like flicking a switch and things became noticeably worse.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Since the Referee is intended to confer benefits to those who are not lagging to the detriment of those with bad connections, have you considered that it might be you with the bad connection?

While your suggestion is not without merit, I very much doubt this is the case. I play with @rndmhero quite a bit and his connection is very girthy. Also note that the melee on the other folks works just fine.

I was dead down the end of the corridor, and while waiting to respawn, I was able to see exactly this. There was someone else in chat who also cried bullshit after we'd seen Rndmnhero hit the guy 3-4 times in a bladedance, only to see the other guy effectively blink to the other side of the corridor.

Last night was generally fine, with the exception of one or two players, but it seemed after 12 GMT for our group, it was like flicking a switch and things became noticeably worse.

Yeah, everything was going super smooth for a long time. We went on a 9 win streak and had the same lobby for a good 10 games. For some reason it really did go to shit at some point. I ended up playing a couple more games and they went fine, I even snatched up a second Best In Round for the night.

We should totally do that 9 win streak again tonight... for my Titan. :winky:

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Yeah, everything was going super smooth for a long time. We went on a 9 win streak and had the same lobby for a good 10 games. For some reason it really did go to shit at some point. I ended up playing a couple more games and they went fine, I even snatched up a second Best In Round for the night.

We should totally do that 9 win streak again tonight... for my Titan. :winky:

That 9 streak win did follow on from a game in which it was effectively 3 of us against a 6 man team (what was disappointing was that once our team finally filled up, we came pretty close to clawing back a win)

The match making seemed to more or less find us other pre-mades to come up against so we weren't generally being horrible to people solo queuing. More often than not, we were up against teams of 5-6 (someone mentioned we went up against a guy who streams although he wasn't streaming at that point?).

I might give my Hunter a go tonight after cashing in the dailies with my Warlock, so I'll apologise in advance for being rubbish.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    That's perfect, gives me a shot at the Best in Round thing for the bounty :surprised:

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I jumped in and played some IB last night. I popped a 3oC and got a 310 Invective.

After I picked that up I decided to play around with the IB AR I picked up awhile ago, the vendor roll with counterbalance, and it went pretty well.

In a world of long range weapons AR's are rare and clean up if you can get anywhere near them and you often can.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    I played IB for a good long while last night. From the "raid" time till about 11:15est. Managed to get to rank 3 and had both pairs of gloves drop. One thing that im certainly starting to realize is how much more the game can slow down if you just let it. I had 2 rounds last night where i went on a 15 kill streak with one and 2 deaths. Was pretty fantastic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Lag issues aside, I've found that I have a hard time using my supers effectively in Clash. In Control or Rift, there are always points of congregation that you can push into for a decent number of kills, whereas in Trials, there's an obvious tactical flow where you can use supers to tip rounds. In Clash, there's so rarely a predictable arrangement of people that I find myself more and more popping radiance or bladedance only to kill one person and then wander around like a glowing idiot.

I may actually try playing with Tlaloc today instead.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Lag issues aside, I've found that I have a hard time using my supers effectively in Clash. In Control or Rift, there are always points of congregation that you can push into for a decent number of kills, whereas in Trials, there's an obvious tactical flow where you can use supers to tip rounds. In Clash, there's so rarely a predictable arrangement of people that I find myself more and more popping radiance or bladedance only to kill one person and then wander around like a glowing idiot.

I may actually try playing with Tlaloc today instead.

It shoots so goddamn fast, you're gonna love it.

Edit: With your super up!

Otherwise it's basically a regular old scout rifle that still ain't too bad!

Dys on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I've noticed a lot more of the whole "I just shotgunned a guy point blank and he turned around and punched me to death" stuff this IB.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot more of the whole "I just shotgunned a guy point blank and he turned around and punched me to death" stuff this IB.

Thank god I'm not the only one who noticed that. I thought I was going crazy.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Found this super helpful Reddit post. I already have a bunch of half-completed Weekly Bounties that I kept from the last round of IB, and with this chart I should be able to hit rank 5 pretty quickly:

Exact time to turn in Iron Banner weekly bounties (with math!)

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Last time, I went from 0-5 in a four hour session on the last day, so I figured I would split it up this time. Tried playing yesterday, but nope, nope, bad idea. Would rather just rip it off all at once like a bandaid then slowly play it over the weekend.

Though, it might be because it's clash. It's really just random chaos and I certainly prefer Rift over this hot mess.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    That tripod tracking rocket is decent, but nothing else looks to be worth playing Clash for.

• Options
    Salvage is kinda shitty with randoms, but team deathmatch isn't so bad.

• Options
    The rocket launcher is kinda nice... but to be fair... outside of Trials and Elimination you likely can get more mileage out of a machine gun. So in Trials and Elimination, you're using Truth... always Truth.

• Options
    Problem is, Truth soaks your exotic slot. Picking up the IB one would leave your loadout a little more flexible.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Last time, I went from 0-5 in a four hour session on the last day, so I figured I would split it up this time. Tried playing yesterday, but nope, nope, bad idea. Would rather just rip it off all at once like a bandaid then slowly play it over the weekend.

Though, it might be because it's clash. It's really just random chaos and I certainly prefer Rift over this hot mess.

Interesting. I had a really rough time in Rift, but that may be because I played the entire week solo. Any time my group of Rando Calrissians went up against an actual Fireteam, we'd get steamrolled pretty quickly. (Lord Shaxx told me he'd "seen enough" many times.) But thus far, I feel like most of my matches in Clash have been pretty evenly matched.

Control is still my favorite, though.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Problem is, Truth soaks your exotic slot. Picking up the IB one would leave your loadout a little more flexible.

Thats why everyone swaps weapons around before heavy round. Primaries rarely get used and its better to have the best HW.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Thats why everyone swaps weapons around before heavy round. Primaries rarely get used and its better to have the best HW.

And with the Special Ammo change, now a lot of people weapon swap in Round 1 too. It's like they made Trials for weapon swapping!

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So if anyone PSN side is interested, I'm running some Indefinite Badger for the next few hours.

Broodax has a party up

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Yeah, for as much bitching as we (okay, mostly me) did last night in IB we still did pretty well. I wonder if there's a way if I can figure out of Destiny or my internet is the reason I go from good connection to "OMFG HOW MANY MELEE HITS CAN THAT GUY TAKE. Oh there he died long after I've been dead and I get a postmortem medal". It's quite frustrating. Had the same problem on Tuesday. When I had a bad connection I did horribly but later when my connection stabilized I had some really good matches. It was fun. Probably should have tried it while drinking. Definitely do that this weekend.

• Options
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Yeah, for as much bitching as we (okay, mostly me) did last night in IB we still did pretty well. I wonder if there's a way if I can figure out of Destiny or my internet is the reason I go from good connection to "OMFG HOW MANY MELEE HITS CAN THAT GUY TAKE. Oh there he died long after I've been dead and I get a postmortem medal". It's quite frustrating. Had the same problem on Tuesday. When I had a bad connection I did horribly but later when my connection stabilized I had some really good matches. It was fun. Probably should have tried it while drinking. Definitely do that this weekend.

What coast are you on? Maybe it's not so much your connection more so than you get matched up with people in the UK, eastern Canada!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

Thats called lag compensation (it also hides how laggy the matches really are), a thing Destiny is very lenient with, probably because of their partnership with Activision, since Call of Duty does this too.

Its also the thing that makes the Red Bar Demigods possible.

@shoeboxjeddy

You complained that Amanda isnt selling rare ships? According to Reddit its been 113 days since the last time she sold a rare ship. (Glad I'm not checking that shit every day.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/47cpqz/it_has_been_113_days_since_amanda_holliday_has/

Probably bugged.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I think Bungo is monitoring my posts and internet connections...

lost of bitching about loot drop rates and LL of drops... found these post match today...
    Int/Str which works for my nightstalker +
    Highest light gloves I've found on my hunter +
    Melee speed -

I'll take it :biggrin:
    c6igeroyz23y.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So I can't do patrols because everyone of them sends me up against level 40 enemies and requires 220+ light levels, which I, at level 40, only have 170... Damn you game.

• Options
    So I can't do patrols because everyone of them sends me up against level 40 enemies and requires 220+ light levels, which I, at level 40, only have 170... Damn you game.

Wait... what? You should be able to patrol any areas outside of the Dreadnought. Hell, even that should be available. Are you talking about the Daily Heroic Story?

• Options

Wait... what? You should be able to patrol any areas outside of the Dreadnought. Hell, even that should be available. Are you talking about the Daily Heroic Story?

No, what happens is I grab a patrol, it says something like "Kill enemies in this area" or "collect X from enemies". Then when I get to an area, it's all level 40 red level enemies and when I get killed, it says I need 220+ light. It's pissing me off. And it's not just ine the Dreadnought either. I was on The Moon and when it asked to take down some Taken in the area, they are all level 40 and kick my ass like I was a crippled kid.

• Options

No, what happens is I grab a patrol, it says something like "Kill enemies in this area" or "collect X from enemies". Then when I get to an area, it's all level 40 red level enemies and when I get killed, it says I need 220+ light. It's pissing me off. And it's not just ine the Dreadnought either. I was on The Moon and when it asked to take down some Taken in the area, they are all level 40 and kick my ass like I was a crippled kid.

Getting to 220+ light should be relatively easy? I mean run a couple of the Strike playlists and you should get plenty of gear to get you there.

• Options

Ah, well that's likely when the Taken are showing up as a timed, special event. I'm not sure if it's on a timer or random, but it's definitely not all the time. You can just go to a different area and there should not be taken there. It's typically only "1 zone" within a patrol destination at a time.

• Options

Getting to 220+ light should be relatively easy? I mean run a couple of the Strike playlists and you should get plenty of gear to get you there.

I would but I have a problem with my NAT type that doesn't let me do multiplayer in this game unless I join other people's game. I had the same problem when I played on the PS3 but I had more friends playing Destiny then. And yes, I've tried fixing it but there is nothing I can do about it.

• Options
    edited February 2016

I would but I have a problem with my NAT type that doesn't let me do multiplayer in this game unless I join other people's game. I had the same problem when I played on the PS3 but I had more friends playing Destiny then. And yes, I've tried fixing it but there is nothing I can do about it.

So what happens when you enter a Strike playlist? You don't get paired with anyone at all or you don't ever get put into a Strike?

edit: Also are you on Xbox or PS, because if you are on Xbox why aren't we playing together?!

ObiFett on
  • Options

So what happens when you enter a Strike playlist? You don't get paired with anyone at all or you don't ever get put into a Strike?

edit: Also are you on Xbox or PS, because if you are on Xbox why aren't we playing together?!

I'm PS4. What happens is that I go into Strikes alone and never get paired when I do normal strikes. Strike Playlist sits there and just tries to find Guardians that my internet doesn't let me fine. If I didn't jump back in during Iron Banner week, I would be bothering people to play with me, but people got limited times.

• Options
    The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular

It's been my experience that only the Taken Blight patrol missions are level 40. I ran into that problem too when I was 38. I've never seen a patrol mission other than Taken Blights that were above the level of patrol area. I'm pretty sure the Taken invasions are also at the same level as the patrol area except for maybe the zealot boss that appears.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

It's been my experience that only the Taken Blight patrol missions are level 40. I ran into that problem too when I was 38. I've never seen a patrol mission other than Taken Blights that were above the level of patrol area. I'm pretty sure the Taken invasions are also at the same level as the patrol area except for maybe the zealot boss that appears.

VIP missions have also been increased to 40. Dunno why Bungie did this, tbh.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
  • Options
    The best part of hitting rank 5 is being able to take off that terrible Hunter cloak.

• Options

I'm PS4. What happens is that I go into Strikes alone and never get paired when I do normal strikes. Strike Playlist sits there and just tries to find Guardians that my internet doesn't let me fine. If I didn't jump back in during Iron Banner week, I would be bothering people to play with me, but people got limited times.

There's privacy settings on your fireteam isn't there? Does that affect matchmaking?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »

There's privacy settings on your fireteam isn't there? Does that affect matchmaking?

Nope. It's the NAT setting on my modem. I've tried to do port forwards but nothing worked. All the internet providers in my area (I live in Bumfucknowhere, Alabama) all have NAT 2 settings, which to play multiplayer normally, I need NAT 1. The providers (this is my third one now) all will not help in this matter. But when I join other people's fireteams, I can play normally without a problem.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

You're picking up the skull/crossbones icon, which is a Taken kill mission. They are (as you see) level 40 and stuff. Normal kill missions, collections, etc should all be just fine/normal for the zone you're in. VIPs may also be high level.