As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Patch 2.2.0: "Wear What You Want, Yeeesss?" - Variks, the Fashionable

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    @Radiation and company —

Here's a video from last night illustrating how silly Black Shield is for Clash:
    <snip>

(Also, how woeful the rewards tend to be.)

@metaghost I knew how silly that place is. Also that was a frustrating map because I was trying to get handcannon kills with some terrible unleveled weapon.

I should've saved the crazy amazing performing match I had last night.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Any chance that booker, arteen, local h jay, moss or another crucipro might record/stream their entire trials run?

Being able to ask questions about why things happened the way they did/be able to watch would likely be very instructive for we the less pro

Sure we could watch streamers, but they aren't our guys, and aren't as open to direct communication and such

I have streamed other games and would be up to streaming our Trials runs on Sunday. Expect a lot of solid play up until our 7th game, where it will match us with top 100 world ranked players.

That or, we get that team first match and lose all our boons immediately.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    @Radiation and company —

Here's a video from last night illustrating how silly Black Shield is for Clash:

Mugen, teach me your ways.

Step One: Miraculously survive with no health regularly.
    Step Two: Consistently switch to your secondary with no intent of actually using it.
    Step Three: Drink (1) high ABV beer before playing and get easily frustrated by "the red-bars", even though it's actually just that you're easily inebriated and have the twitch reflexes of an elderly man with Parkinson's
    Step Four: Put on some Nothing Manacles and pray to RNGesus that your wild throws will occasionally result in someone's death, whether it be your own or an opponent's.
    Step Five: If you hear dat MIDA, run away. MIDA is your achilles heel.

Question about step three. Is an ale acceptable?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Any chance that booker, arteen, local h jay, moss or another crucipro might record/stream their entire trials run?

Being able to ask questions about why things happened the way they did/be able to watch would likely be very instructive for we the less pro

Sure we could watch streamers, but they aren't our guys, and aren't as open to direct communication and such

I have streamed other games and would be up to streaming our Trials runs on Sunday. Expect a lot of solid play up until our 7th game, where it will match us with top 100 world ranked players.

I think it was two weeks ago with Booker and Sirialis we got triple Bastet, Bastet trying to carry, triple Bastet as the first three matches on the card. We're just trying to get one run in and all these guys are going in for seconds!

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    @Radiation and company —

Step Two: Consistently switch to your secondary with no intent of actually using it.
    Step Three: Drink (1) high ABV beer before playing and get easily frustrated by "the red-bars", even though it's actually just that you're easily inebriated and have the twitch reflexes of an elderly man with Parkinson's
    Step Four: Put on some Nothing Manacles and pray to RNGesus that your wild throws will occasionally result in someone's death, whether it be your own or an opponent's.

New Destiny drinking game! Every time you take a shot, take a shot. Bonus points for using Soulstealer's Claw or Doctrine of Passing.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »

I think it was two weeks ago with Booker and Sirialis we got triple Bastet, Bastet trying to carry, triple Bastet as the first three matches on the card. We're just trying to get one run in and all these guys are going in for seconds!

I do think they should have a "Winners Bracket" if you already went flawless that week. It is no fun getting your shit kicked in by top-tier twitch streamers

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    @Radiation and company —

New Destiny drinking game! Every time you take a shot, take a shot. Bonus points for using Soulstealer's Claw or Doctrine of Passing.

Oh god...I'm going to be so drunk.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

I do think they should have a "Winners Bracket" if you already went flawless that week. It is no fun getting your shit kicked in by top-tier twitch streamers

At least we crushed some of those newly minted Bastet teams (on a sniper heaven map of all places), but definitely put them in their own bracket after they went Flawless once in the current week.

Seems the ToO map is Timekeeper this week... I've played that map like 4 times total.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    @Radiation and company —

Oh god...I'm going to be so drunk.

That's not how you spell "dead".

• Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    Booker wrote: »
    I really need to do some spring cleaning on my vault. Is there a good list anywhere of good/bad legendaries so I know what'd be good to throw away?
    Anything Y1 can be scrapped

Nothing Y1 can be scrapped.

More importantly for @QuestionMarkMan , weapons you are not using, but could replace easily, should be scrapped.
    Thanks. Any tips for armor?

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Can someone answer a question for me about COE? Cause it's not clear for me.

Do you get guaranteed 335 drops when you do the card thing, or are they just "up to" 335?

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »

Do you get guaranteed 335 drops when you do the card thing, or are they just "up to" 335?

"Up to", heavily influenced by the light level when you cash it in.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I really need to do some spring cleaning on my vault. Is there a good list anywhere of good/bad legendaries so I know what'd be good to throw away?

More importantly for QuestionMarkMan , weapons you are not using, but could replace easily, should be scrapped.

Keep any exotic armor you don't have a year 2 version for, but that's about it. Along with the low light level, all the year 1 armor had the int/disc/str values drastically reduced, so they're not even worthwhile in regular Crucible.

A case could be made for the utility of old raid boots for the heavy ammo perk, but I scrapped all mine anyway.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

What @DevoutlyApathetic said, and note that it's guaranteed to be higher than your current Light level. (Hence it's good to make sure you're at your max possible LL when the drop happens.)

awsimo on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »

What @DevoutlyApathetic said, and note that it's guaranteed to be higher than your current Light level. (Hence it's good to make sure you're at your max possible LL when the drop happens.)

Fun fact: When you hit 335, things can still drop at 334. It's infuriating.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I dread to think what people would think if I posted videos of my own play. I think the best chance I'd have would be to make a compilation of all the Void bombs I whiff either by hitting scenery or missing completely in the hope that people found it funny how unable someone is able to use a super.

You and me, Voidwalker fail-off.
    Whoever wins, the nova bomb misses!

I make other Voidwalkers worse though; I managed to get in front of @Hermano 's void bombs in one game and stop the shot with my head. So if your void bomb managed to be worse than mine, I'm pretty sure it would still be my fault.

Fleety, you are solely responsible for me transitioning from Rockets to MG's in PvP after having shot you in the back of the head and dying every single match I ran a rocket launcher on the same fireteam as you. :lol:

It worked out in the end though because I like MG's now.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I dread to think what people would think if I posted videos of my own play. I think the best chance I'd have would be to make a compilation of all the Void bombs I whiff either by hitting scenery or missing completely in the hope that people found it funny how unable someone is able to use a super.

You and me, Voidwalker fail-off.
    Whoever wins, the nova bomb misses!

I make other Voidwalkers worse though; I managed to get in front of @Hermano 's void bombs in one game and stop the shot with my head. So if your void bomb managed to be worse than mine, I'm pretty sure it would still be my fault.

Fleety, you are solely responsible for me transitioning from Rockets to MG's in PvP after having shot you in the back of the head and dying every single match I ran a rocket launcher on the same fireteam as you. :lol:

It worked out in the end though because I like MG's now.

I once forgot I had switched from hammer time to bubble bro between games, so I popped my super to get a sweet quad kill and just put a bubble up right in a team mate's face as they fired a rocket. I've never been so happy with myself.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

:huh: Was not aware of that...

• Options

It was a *delight* to find out for myself

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options

I still get 330 drops as 334.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited April 2016
    Sirialis wrote: »

I still get 330 drops as 334.
    From the raid? Because Faction, Gunsmith, etc. drops max at 330.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Well the raid will have normal mode drops as well though they seem to follow weird drop rules.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Well the raid will have normal mode drops as well though they seem to follow weird drop rules.

Normal Mode drops can be up to 320 unless they're dropped from the Challenge chests, at which point they can be up to 335. Faction and non-Exotic Nightfall drops can be up to 330.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    non-Exotic Nightfall drops can be up to 330.
    The Baron's Ambition I got with you last night dropped at 335.

• Options
    Brogey wrote: »
    non-Exotic Nightfall drops can be up to 330.
    The Baron's Ambition I got with you last night dropped at 335.

Strike Exclusive weapons and armor are an exception.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Strike uniques drop up to 335.

• Options
    Ooooooooh, thanks, guys! :)

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    @Radiation and company —

<snip>

@metaghost I knew how silly that place is. Also that was a frustrating map because I was trying to get handcannon kills with some terrible unleveled weapon.

I should've saved the crazy amazing performing match I had last night.

The best part was that it distracted the other team trying to push in enough to flank them a couple times with hammers.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    *looks up which map is Timekeeper*

Oh god, gonna be snipers EVERYWHERE

• Options
    Right. Might be best to compile a list? I'm sure I'll miss some so feel free to correct/add info. Then maybe we can add it to the OP?

Up to 335:
    * King's Fall Hard Mode Drops
    * King's Fall Challenge Drops (both Normal and Hard Mode)
    * Strike-Specific Drops (all modes)
    * Exotic Drops (Nightfall, Raid Bosses, Challenge Drops, Trials Silver Package)
    * Exotic Engrams
    * Iron Banner Post-Game Drops
    * Lighthouse Chest
    * Court of Oryx (Artifacts)
    * Prison of the Elders Level 41 Post-Game Rewards (Ghosts, Class Items)
    * Challenge of the Elders Post-Game Rewards (Ghosts, Class Items)
    * Challenge of the Elders Elder Sigil Rewards

Up to 330:
    * Faction Rank-Up Packages (including Vanguard, Crucible, Gunsmith, excluding Queen's Wrath and Crota's Bane)
    * Trials Post-Game Drops

Up to 320:
    * King's Fall Normal Mode Drops

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    so I have two Suros rocket laumchers, basically identical except one has 3 rockets to a tube, and one has only 2 rockets to a tube, but is cluster bombs. Which one should I use?

Are you the magic man?
  • Options

Whenever are there not?

• Options
    edited April 2016

Whenever are there not?

So sick of snipers and also some peoples "helpful" advice about how to deal with snipers, which can basically be boiled down to "dont get shot", the preferred advice is "avoid sniper lanes"

When you can pull up a sniper faster than a shotgun and take people out in close combat too, everywhere suddenly becomes a sniper lane.

People camping with snipers in a specific place are not that hard to deal with, but actual good snipers, the ones you meet in the higher tiers of Trials of Osiris really highlight how downright broken snipers are in the right hands.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    if anyone else on PS4 is doing Iron Banner, add me! Chace8625

also for any Titans who finally picked up their Twilight (LIKE ME, DUMB GAME) and are looking for good matching pieces - Arctic Proxy and Tristesse go especially well with it, since it isn't affected by other shaders. If you have Spektar pieces, those also go great with it with either of those shaders.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular

More importantly for @QuestionMarkMan , weapons you are not using, but could replace easily, should be scrapped.

Second verse, same as the first. Some Y1 armour has perk combinations unavailable in Y2 gear. Helmets with fast melee, gloves with special weapon loader, chest with double active ammo perks, boots with special or heavy ammo. One of those could be combined with high light gear while sacrificing only a small cooldown reduction, now that we can make 12 tier builds.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Alternate raid is up on The 100! It's at 8PM EST!

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/617912

@cB557 @Arteen @Brogey @Nosf

We still need one more (extras if people can't make it or if the main group needs reserves).

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    ooh, all 3 exotic armors this week I don't have, so that should be fun. I have a hawkmoon that I suck with already. Still wishing it was a MIDA. Although the more crucible turns into people doing the potty dance while plunking away with a MIDA the more bored I get.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    ooh, all 3 exotic armors this week I don't have, so that should be fun. I have a hawkmoon that I suck with already. Still wishing it was a MIDA. Although the more crucible turns into people doing the potty dance while plunking away with a MIDA the more bored I get.

I feel like Tlaloc with overflow rolling is superior to MIDA, if you wanna try that out. Its fun beating them at the poke game.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »

I feel like Tlaloc with overflow rolling is superior to MIDA, if you wanna try that out. Its fun beating them at the poke game.

I'm keeping my eye out for it. I need to wait for it to show up at gunsmith right? I didn't see it this week.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »

I'm keeping my eye out for it. I need to wait for it to show up at gunsmith right? I didn't see it this week.

Nope, its a class specific weapon for warlocks only, it unlocks at gunsmith rank 3. You'll need to do the rank 2 quest to get Susanoo first, but both of them are super easy.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)