As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Patch 2.2.0: "Wear What You Want, Yeeesss?" - Variks, the Fashionable

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I wish vanguard/crucible, prison of elders, and gunsmith reps were account wide. I don't mind doing iron banner on all 3 characters to rank up, because that's fun. Nor do I mind ranking up the 3 factions on 3 different characters. But I kind of wish I could pick and choose which class I want to rank up the basic pve reps with without penalty. I just don't always feel like grinding out another poe run on my titan.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Tlaloc is great if you're a sunsinger and sit on your super for fear of dying, for anything else though, not so much. 3rd char, rank 5 - 333 bond. Boooooooo, boo that that package. I got an IB AR tho, as a drop. Seems usuable, don't usually like ARs.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Canary errors all over the place, love it.
    I could either jump through hoops to fix this, or I could just play literally any other game I own since they all play perfectly nice with my network.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Tlaloc is great if you're a sunsinger and sit on your super for fear of dying, for anything else though, not so much. 3rd char, rank 5 - 333 bond. Boooooooo, boo that that package. I got an IB AR tho, as a drop. Seems usuable, don't usually like ARs.

Are you implying there are other warlock subclasses?

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    http://destinytracker.com/dg/4941819038 suggests Voidwalkers might be alright.

• Options
    cB557cB557
    tries to answer but is unable to be heard over an endless torrent of scatter grenade explosions

voOOP Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    tries to answer but is unable to be heard over an endless torrent of scatter grenade explosions

cB557 on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My favorite Warlock is becoming Stormcaller. I love that super, and I dig the Thunder grenade.

• Options
    Yeah, I love it when that delayed second burst of that grenade gets people. "haha, missed m-*zzzzt*"

• Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    soylenth wrote: »
    soylenth wrote: »
    ooh, all 3 exotic armors this week I don't have, so that should be fun. I have a hawkmoon that I suck with already. Still wishing it was a MIDA. Although the more crucible turns into people doing the potty dance while plunking away with a MIDA the more bored I get.

I feel like Tlaloc with overflow rolling is superior to MIDA, if you wanna try that out. Its fun beating them at the poke game.

I'm keeping my eye out for it. I need to wait for it to show up at gunsmith right? I didn't see it this week.

Nope, its a class specific weapon for warlocks only, it unlocks at gunsmith rank 3. You'll need to do the rank 2 quest to get Susanoo first, but both of them are super easy.

Aha! tyvm. I'll work on that. I'm very casual at this game, even though I play it a lot. I don't know where people get half their weapons.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Any chance that booker, arteen, local h jay, moss or another crucipro might record/stream their entire trials run?

Being able to ask questions about why things happened the way they did/be able to watch would likely be very instructive for we the less pro

Sure we could watch streamers, but they aren't our guys, and aren't as open to direct communication and such

I have streamed other games and would be up to streaming our Trials runs on Sunday. Expect a lot of solid play up until our 7th game, where it will match us with top 100 world ranked players.

That or, we get that team first match and lose all our boons immediately.

Any idea if streaming picks up XBL party chat? I think most of our success comes from communication.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    Any chance that booker, arteen, local h jay, moss or another crucipro might record/stream their entire trials run?

Being able to ask questions about why things happened the way they did/be able to watch would likely be very instructive for we the less pro

Sure we could watch streamers, but they aren't our guys, and aren't as open to direct communication and such

I have streamed other games and would be up to streaming our Trials runs on Sunday. Expect a lot of solid play up until our 7th game, where it will match us with top 100 world ranked players.

Any idea if streaming picks up XBL party chat? I think most of our success comes from communication.

You can opt-in when I start the stream, but it is not on by default.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

That's awesome!

Probably when I will be asleep, upon reflection, but awesome nonetheless.

Does the stream record/archive?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

I think it was two weeks ago with Booker and Sirialis we got triple Bastet, Bastet trying to carry, triple Bastet as the first three matches on the card. We're just trying to get one run in and all these guys are going in for seconds!

I do think they should have a "Winners Bracket" if you already went flawless that week. It is no fun getting your shit kicked in by top-tier twitch streamers

That would be *amazing*. Provided the numbers were there to support it, of course, which is my worry about most fixes to destiny match making.

That said, it feels like we'd get many more people playing trials if that were the case.

• Options

That's awesome!

Probably when I will be asleep, upon reflection, but awesome nonetheless.

Does the stream record/archive?

I have it set to archive my stuff, yeah

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

It doesn't seem to pick up Kinect audio though ;)

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    *looks up which map is Timekeeper*

Oh god, gonna be snipers EVERYWHERE

Whenever are there not?

So sick of snipers and also some peoples "helpful" advice about how to deal with snipers, which can basically be boiled down to "dont get shot", the preferred advice is "avoid sniper lanes"

When you can pull up a sniper faster than a shotgun and take people out in close combat too, everywhere suddenly becomes a sniper lane.

People camping with snipers in a specific place are not that hard to deal with, but actual good snipers, the ones you meet in the higher tiers of Trials of Osiris really highlight how downright broken snipers are in the right hands.

Shotguns mean you get 1 shot because you misplayed, you approached or let someone approach you. It is about your play and position.

Snipers basically say "you walked there? You shouldn't have walked there" where "there" is almost anywhere.

• Options
    Just got a hawksaw from a vanguard package with perfect balance/oiled frame, rangefinder and lightweight/smallbore. Keep or dismantle?

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Had a blast in IB with the PA crew earlier tonight. Actually did pretty well with one of the more unconventional setups I've run in awhile, Plan C + a new Her Memory (Low RoF autorifle with SureShot IS / Focused Fire / Smallbore / Counterbalance). That pairing netted me a couple of "The Best Around" medals and way more hilarious Plan C kills than I really deserved.

My mini-Suros handled rather admirably, though it's an odd archetype to get used to. I'd think if I want to run Plan C more, I need a primary that covers mid-long range fairly well. Does anyone use high-impact scouts much? I got a Hand of Judgement today (PoE scout) that rolled with TrueSight IS / Smallbore / HCR / and a choice of Hidden Hand or Outlaw. Seems like it could be beastly for PvP, but I've never played much with scouts that aren't MIDA or Tlaloc.

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    High impact scouts are awesome. Headshot ttk is .73 seconds, faster than the MIDA.

• Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

It doesn't seem to pick up Kinect audio though ;)

I wonder if it can pick up all of Sirialis's salt?

• Options
    I genuinely hope MIDA gets gutted. And I mean gutted. I want it to actively lower your light level just by equipping it.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I genuinely hope MIDA gets gutted. And I mean gutted. I want it to actively lower your light level just by equipping it.
    Cannot disagree button hard enough.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular

Hey, just saw this. I'm in a bit of a destiny break for the time being, but the next time I run through trials I can absolutely do this.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    I'm iron-bannering on ps4 as SoylentH tonight if anyone needs a banner buddy.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Booker wrote: »
    High impact scouts are awesome. Headshot ttk is .73 seconds, faster than the MIDA.

I have a Colovance that I love the feel of, I just can't get any jam out of it.

Zen moment - braced frame/Smallbore - hidden hand.

It seems like it should be easy to use but I jist can't consistently nail headshots in PvP.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    The best advice I have, is go for center of mass. With most guns have some decent kick, the gun natural pulls up as you fire. If you shoot for the chest, naturally your shots will climb and you can finish them with a headshot. It's a lot easier than counting on headshots.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

I am become salt. I am coarse and granular.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Streaming Trials now

Stream over, spoiler alert we did bad

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Streaming Trials now

Friday night Trials is always rough. One of the last teams we fought had 100+ flawless runs. Each.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

I am become salt. I am coarse and granular.

Liquid.png

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    so during IB weeks, how do you get the 3rd sterling box? just queue a random IB game?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    so during IB weeks, how do you get the 3rd sterling box? just queue a random IB game?

go into the crucible part of the menu and just select it from there

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    gam3p0tgam3p0t Registered User regular
    hm. Having been out of this for several months ( last thing I specifically remember was farming the runes in court of oryx) How difficult would it be to pick back up and actually catch up? And would it be worth it considering that I truly enjoy Destiny and the pvp; but that's mainly all I have time to do on Destiny is the pvp. Any answers or suggestions appreciated.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    gam3p0t wrote: »
    hm. Having been out of this for several months ( last thing I specifically remember was farming the runes in court of oryx) How difficult would it be to pick back up and actually catch up? And would it be worth it considering that I truly enjoy Destiny and the pvp; but that's mainly all I have time to do on Destiny is the pvp. Any answers or suggestions appreciated.

Not difficult at all really.
    They tuned crucible drops and I think you can really tell the difference in them now, things are dropping at a much less insanely rare rate since the patch.
    Plus regular crucible has level advantage disabled so you wouldn't have to worry too much about that there, and the weekly Shax bounties have the potential to drop decent stuff and the rank up packages are also solid means of increasing your light level.
    If you can find a way to squeeze in the daily heroic mission on top of pvp then you'll be getting legendary marks for vendor/ipad weapons at a good rate. If you can sneak a few patrols in daily as well then you'll also be increasing vanguard rep for yet more rank up packages.

From personal experience, as somebody who doesn't raid and by virtue of time zone tends to be unable to group up as much as I would like for any other pve content, I've found the drops and light level increase to be pretty easy to come by since the patch (and I've not really been grinding pvp content like I'd like to either, I think my light would be higher if I were doing that). I'd definitely recommend you give it a go.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Well I finally tried iron banner for once yesterday.

It wasn't too bad, but I really really suck at it still compared to PVE stuff. Then again I shouldn't go in wearing Defender...

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Well I finally tried iron banner for once yesterday.

It wasn't too bad, but I really really suck at it still compared to PVE stuff. Then again I shouldn't go in wearing Defender...

@ElementWrath, unleash the screen shots!

• Options
    Streaming Trials now

I am more than a little disappointed that you aren't your avatar

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Streaming Trials now

Thanks for posting, Jay! That was fun to watch. =)

Favorite part:
    Booker: It doesn't work from that far away, dumbass! ...but this does.

xD

Edit: around 38min mark

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Booker wrote: »

Thoughts on this one? It feels pretty good, I might upgrade it and bring it along to ToO, I have some issues relying on Scouts at the moment and Pulse Rifles that arent Red Death.

2z7pzrc.png

My biggest PvP problem is settling on a main gun... Especially after Red Death felt like it got nerfed into oblivion.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    That DIS-47 could work quite well for you, @Sirialis. It has a miniscule recoil, which makes it work very well with Jay's technique of aiming center mass, and scoring headshots from the recoil.

The best advice I have, is go for center of mass. With most guns have some decent kick, the gun natural pulls up as you fire. If you shoot for the chest, naturally your shots will climb and you can finish them with a headshot. It's a lot easier than counting on headshots.

A high impact fires slower than it recoils, and increases its ttk on the fourth shot. Stability is usually its dump stat because of the slow fire rate, and that fire rate makes it unforgiving of missed shots. If you try Jay's technique with a high impact scout, you will lose. Colovance's Duty needs all three headshots to quickly score the kill, so my technique is to hold my focus on the target, and wait for the gun to realign with his head. Since I was going to wait those miliseconds for the next shot to fire, I have time to wait for sight to fall back on target.

Booker on