Options

Norcal Regionals this weekend, Alex on the 30th! Let's [Fighting Games]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Every time I get a win in Casual I get a little twinge of "this could've been more league points"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    how to play nash:

1.) backfist fools in the mouth

My one problem with this is unless it CCs, there's almost nothing to combo it with. Or I fail miserably at the 20 or so times I've tried to cancel into something like H.SS or L.SB.

oh. No, it doesn't combo

it's just satisfying as hell

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i want to see what top players are doing with nash since i've seen a 'nash is really strong' in a couple of different places but i am thus far unconvinced

Infiltration's Nash seems really on point

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    i want to see what top players are doing with nash since i've seen a 'nash is really strong' in a couple of different places but i am thus far unconvinced

dieminion was playing him like a dedicated zoner, but that's just how dieminion plays fighting games

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    As stupid as a lot of stuff is

I can play people online with me almost not noticing at all that I'm playing someone online

That alone is huge

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    it seems like Nash can shit out 400+ damage combos on command with one stock of ex

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    @Radius
    You can add me to the player list - my network fighting name is also RoyallyFlushed. Alternatively, anyone who wants can also add GreatSlinky directly on PSN if they prefer.

I've started to get a hang of Chun Li now, but only her. Not sure who else I want to try to pick up yet. Does anyone have any advice for fighting Bison? He seems pretty oppressive from what little I've seen of him so far.

• Options
    I can't tell what the bonus is for Nash's EX Boom

Does it come out faster and hit for 2 like the Hadokens? It doesn't seem like it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Does it come out faster and hit for 2 like the Hadokens? It doesn't seem like it
    you can throw a second boom

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

if you mash the button after the first one you get extra hits

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtBlFUcJME&t=109m27s

If the time stamp works, if not go to 109 minutes in.

• Options
    also it's plus on block

• Options

Just to let you know, I recently discovered the ex sonic scythe must have upper body invulnerability or something akin to it, so I could have been blowing through all of your cammy's divekicks and hooligan combination stuff.

The more you know!

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Just to let you know, I recently discovered the ex sonic scythe must have upper body invulnerability or something akin to it, so I could have been blowing through all of your cammy's divekicks and hooligan combination stuff.

The more you know!
    i am pretty sure any use of hooligan in neutral is inherently unsafe. ex hooligan -> divekick seems hard to react to tho. but even if the ex has lots of upper body invincibility it won't work against meaty hooligan stuff off of knockdowns because worst case scenario i'd be forced to the slide instead

• Options
    ex sonic scythe has some invincibility, but not during startup

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Been meaning to do nothing but practice anti airing moonsaults in training mode.

Seems like way too many nash players are getting away with just throwing them out.

I must dp all of them.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i think I make the same face birdie does before the last hit of his CA when i'm about to get the KO with it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Any nash that just throws out moonassaults is bad. You can punch him out of it with ease, and they are super slow. Even with projectile cover they are risky. They are good for combos and maybe if you've conditioned the enemy to really be expecting something else as an occasional surprise.

Also, damn, my six win rank streak has ended at the hands of a very laggy R. Mika.

God I hate that character.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

dieminion was playing him like a dedicated zoner, but that's just how dieminion plays fighting games

I've currently got a personal bet going on that for all their talk about not playing Guile/Balrog this time around. Dieminion and Eduardo switch when they come out.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I almost never use FBA punishes on vega since everyone crouches a lot now

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Been meaning to do nothing but practice anti airing moonsaults in training mode.

Seems like way too many nash players are getting away with just throwing them out.

I must dp all of them.

If you play Ryu, parry it instead. You get a free st. MP, cr. HP , HP srk

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    @Radius
    You can add me to the player list - my network fighting name is also RoyallyFlushed. Alternatively, anyone who wants can also add GreatSlinky directly on PSN if they prefer.

I've started to get a hang of Chun Li now, but only her. Not sure who else I want to try to pick up yet. Does anyone have any advice for fighting Bison? He seems pretty oppressive from what little I've seen of him so far.

Oh god I just went over this with @Evil Multifarious for like 45 minutes last night. Unlike in SFIV not everything he does is safe and Chun has a fast friggin jab so you can jab him after things like Scissors. The problem is breaking out of his stupid pressure game which involves blocking good and probably V-Reversaling although I wouldn't know since I always forget that's a thing (and from what I hear Chun's isn't that good anyways). EX SBK seemed real 50/50 as a reversal. Sometimes his jump ins just beat it.

You can generate a lot of pressure against him however, since he doesn't have great reversals and stuff and will have to burn v-meter or stuff to get out of there. IALL seemed pretty powerful against Bison, as well as wakeup throw or landing meaty c.mk xx lk legs c.lp xx lk sbk.

Other than that though I'm out. I probably need a bit more practice with the matchup.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I've been playing some Nash in Casual

I like Nash a lot but I really don't know what to do with him

I am constantly forgetting he has moves besides the Sonic Boom and teleport

He's got a decent footsie game with moves like f.MK and f.HP. Boom and v-trigger will only get you so far until they catch on to what you're doing. Work on spacing a bit - you can catch a lot of pokes with light or medium SS from the right range, and when they try to counter, you can punish the whiff. Moonsault can be dangerous because it's active for so long, and doing it from such a long distance on someone with good reaction will stuff you. Give yourself a little insurance by tossing a Boom with it.

all versions of sonic scythe also have individual uses and he has some nice, short combos that mostly use those. The only move I don't really like on him is his DP, I don't find myself in a lot of situations where it feels worth it to use that

• Options
    his dp being tragedy assault? it steals meter and is swag

• Options
    how to play nash:

1.) backfist fools in the mouth

My one problem with this is unless it CCs, there's almost nothing to combo it with. Or I fail miserably at the 20 or so times I've tried to cancel into something like H.SS or L.SB.

oh. No, it doesn't combo

it's just satisfying as hell

you can combo it with V-trigger to do some unfair shit (forward V-trigger, the one that puts you in the air behind them)

• Options
    I actually hope they haven't changed Guile much

Nash is so, so different that it'll be nice to go back to "regular" Guile

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    REVELATION

On counterhit, crmk-> sHP (claw on) works as a force rise

Which means I can do cmk, sHP , claw switch, cMP into FBA for around 300 damage and 455 stun AND center screen

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    his dp being tragedy assault? it steals meter and is swag

oh it's swag, I'm just not good at comboing into it yet and that move on it's own is basically you asking to get punished

where as things like MK sonic scythe can just be used because it kicks further than most people you're playing against think it would

edit: also pro tip, the EX tragedy assault is how I beat survival mode no problems because the EX version still steals some meter and also steals health lol

You can get hit once, and if you EX tragedy assault yourself back to full health it still counts as a perfect!

T4CT on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I actually hope they haven't changed Guile much

Nash is so, so different that it'll be nice to go back to "regular" Guile

back to Suddenly Pregnant Guile, you mean

• Options
    does tragedy assault combo? I dont think it needs to

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    you can use it instead of hk scythe in most combos for like 10 less damage but steal meter

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    REVELATION

On counterhit, crmk-> sHP (claw on) works as a force rise

Which means I can do cmk, sHP , claw switch, cMP into FBA for around 300 damage and 455 stun AND center screen

I thought claw s.hp always forced stand.

• Options
    you can do st.mk? into lp/mp tragedy assault iirc
    and then ex combos off of most stuff.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Anyone for a first to 5?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Another fun thing to force a rise for FBA damage/stun

Counterhit sHP(claw off) claw switch sHP does work

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Tragedy Assault in midscreen is only bad because it's like a forced reset situation. The opponent can't backrise, but it still leaves them far enough away that you can't reliably set up anything to keep pressure going. TA in the corner is a much better situation because you can usually s.HP on someone who quickrises and tries to jab and you'll immediately CC them. Even if they don't quickrise, you have ample opportunity to set up frame traps, bait a throw, meaty with something.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    tech question.. does properly timing a meaty (which I understand to be having the active frame of your attack there on the opponents wakeup) always beat an opponents wakeup jab or throw?

Does it beat something like a wakeup DP or just them blocking on wakeup?

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Any nash that just throws out moonassaults is bad. You can punch him out of it with ease, and they are super slow. Even with projectile cover they are risky. They are good for combos and maybe if you've conditioned the enemy to really be expecting something else as an occasional surprise.

Also, damn, my six win rank streak has ended at the hands of a very laggy R. Mika.

God I hate that character.

Mixing up block strings to include a moonsault is a fine idea when the opponent (i.e. me) is letting them do it since each version leaves nash positive on block. Being dumb makes you a bad player. Taking advantage of what your opponent gives you doesn't make a nash players bad.
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I must dp all of them.

If you play Ryu, parry it instead. You get a free st. MP, cr. HP , HP srk

Playing ken right now, but goddamn another reason to just drop him for Ryu.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    General anti-Bison tips:

Golden rule: his frame trap game is really good, which means if he's on the offensive it's dangerous to push a button; block, block, block. His defense is terrible and he has no invincible moves, so when you've got the momentum, attack attack attack.

-Bison's tick throw game sucks because he walks so slowly. Only worry about throws once he's shown he'll do it. Look for: dash in throw, jump in attack and throw, throw after scissors, throw after his psycho axe (overhand slash command normal), and jab tick throws when he knocks you down.

-Bison has frame advantage after s.hk, psycho axe, jabs, light kicks, and s.mp, as well as heavy blast (the slowest ball special), EX blast and EX scissors. Be careful about pushing buttons here. That's what he wants. He wants a fat combo off a counter hit.

-Inferno is hugely punishable on block but pushes you far away. Use a long reaching special, a sweep, or a long poke to punish him. Scissor kicks are negative on block, so challenge him there; light scissors can be DPed on block by many characters.

-Headstomp has bad tracking. Dash back or walk back and it will miss. Jump back and attack and you'll knock him out of it. Devil Reverse seems fairly safe on block.

-His AA sucks up close. Crossing him up and neutral jumping on his head on wakeup is really tough to deal with, and he will be forced to V reversal. Look for that reversal.

-Punish blocked slides. They're fast and surprising so be ready.

-His footsies are not great. If you can beat his s.mk and cr.mk, you're golden. Just watch out for psycho axe and or a sudden scissor kick.

-Bisons fish for counterhits and crush counters with s.hk. That is his game. He wants you to try to challenge with a normal or tech a throw and get counterhit because you are at frame disadvantage. Here are the things he will do to you:

-s.hk, cr.mp (3 frame gap)
    -s.hk, s.hk (6 frame gap)
    -s.mp, cr.mp (3 frame gap)
    -s.mp, s.hk (6 frame gap)
    -cr.lp, s.hk (6 frame gap)
    -axe, cr.mp (5 frame gap)
    -axe, cr.lp (3 frame gap)

A jab will beat some of these but not the 3 frame gaps. Some of these can be thrown, others will punish a throw; some will punish a late throw tech instead. Look at the ones he's defaulting to and think about what you can stick in there (a DP will always win, but if he baits it out and punishes you're looking at over 30% of your life gone). I notice most Bisons go for the cr.mp followup, so expect that.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    tech question.. does properly timing a meaty (which I understand to be having the active frame of your attack there on the opponents wakeup) always beat an opponents wakeup jab or throw?

Does it beat something like a wakeup DP or just them blocking on wakeup?

Depends on the reversal option. With proper timing, someone like Ken with EX Shoryu is invincible from start-up and can trade a hit with you, if not outright beat your meaty. Wake-up throw is 5 frames, which is actually slow comparatively to other options. A jab is almost always best to reversal with, but if you can time it right with your meaty, a MP or FP will always beat out that jab because the priority on attacks is, all frames being equal, H beats M beats L.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

This discussion has been closed.