As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    If I don't get an opportunity to force lightning Quinn to death, bioware has failed.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Nah, let's invent a new move for him: the lightningchoke. One in each hand.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    If I don't get an opportunity to force lightning Quinn to death, bioware has failed.

The devs on the livestream did bring up how KotFE/KotET gave them a chance to allow players to make 'certain decisions' with characters but they're keeping mum for now if it applies to Quinn and Elara or not.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I didn't mind Quinn's betrayal overmuch. Been a while since I played through that part, so I'm going off of hazy memories, but the guy got some respect points both for having the stones to make the attempt he had to have known wouldn't work and for owning up rather than trying to run and hide.

:edit: That said I will never not grab Elara, because dat accent.

And now I am going to go look up that bit to see how my memory holds up to reality.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    There are little check boxes on your mounts screen to disable the ones you don't want random mount using.

I will be honest, when I was first playing after I returned I tried unchecking that box from Rocket Boost and it wouldn't let me. It just had a message saying that Rocket Boost couldn't be favorited, so it didn't make sense to me that Rocket Boost would trigger when I used the random mount button. Just now though I looked and clicked on unfavorite all and the little box that I couldn't interact with before went away.

I think my favorite legacy thing is the thing that lets me summon a mount while I am moving.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    So, playing SWTOR for the first time in a while and upon looking around the first two things I notice are 1) hey, they changed the SW Ravage animation, and 2) Jaesa Willsaam still isn't back? Quinn's okay, yeah, my Wrath married the guy five years ago, but my covertly-Lightside Sith duo was always fun to take out on the town.

• Options
    Alright friends, let's talk about why we had the emergency maintenance. There was an issue that when someone in certain zones completed a Mission and hit the accept button to complete it, they would receive the rewards but the Mission wouldn't actually complete. This meant someone could infinitely hit the accept button over and over again and reap those rewards.

This created a bad situation for two reasons. First, it was extremely exploitable. Two, someone could get stuck where they couldn't progress because of their Mission not completing. For this reason we brought the servers down and started exploring if we could fix it live, without a patch (we can!).

We believe we can get this issue resolved and get the servers back online within about 45 minutes from the time of my post (hopefully sooner!). I will continue to pass on updates as I have them, thanks everyone.

Commenter:
    There was a very bad bug/Exploit after the patch last night. When sending companions out to craft from a guild stronghold they would return and the missions complete log to collect resources would re-apear indefinitely leading to unlimited mats and $ (if you vendered them). I am on shadowlands and we were wondering why they didnt shut the server down a lot sooner this exploit was available for hours.

The economy is gonna be fuuuuuucked

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Alright friends, let's talk about why we had the emergency maintenance. There was an issue that when someone in certain zones completed a Mission and hit the accept button to complete it, they would receive the rewards but the Mission wouldn't actually complete. This meant someone could infinitely hit the accept button over and over again and reap those rewards.

This created a bad situation for two reasons. First, it was extremely exploitable. Two, someone could get stuck where they couldn't progress because of their Mission not completing. For this reason we brought the servers down and started exploring if we could fix it live, without a patch (we can!).

We believe we can get this issue resolved and get the servers back online within about 45 minutes from the time of my post (hopefully sooner!). I will continue to pass on updates as I have them, thanks everyone.

Commenter:
    There was a very bad bug/Exploit after the patch last night. When sending companions out to craft from a guild stronghold they would return and the missions complete log to collect resources would re-apear indefinitely leading to unlimited mats and $ (if you vendered them). I am on shadowlands and we were wondering why they didnt shut the server down a lot sooner this exploit was available for hours.

Should be easy to see who exploited and take the money/mats from them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Commenter:

Should be easy to see who exploited and take the money/mats from them.

It should be.

When was the last time we saw a wave of bans go out for exploits though?

• Options
    Servers are still down. Guess I'm not re-listing any items this morning.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Jedi Covenant is up for me.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    After taking a week off, been back to playing this again, first time through KotFE, been enjoying it a lot

Might start playing another class on the side, something different from Sniper

I kind of want to get away from the cover combat, so I was thinking Scoundrel, unless the Trooper classes are really good?

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Scoundrel's fun. You can shotgun people in the back, punch people in the face, kick 'em in the goolies, or just hit 'em with grenades meant to cause nonstop hemorrhaging and then gutshot 'em, it's great fun.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Scoundrel's fun. You can shotgun people in the back, punch people in the face, kick 'em in the goolies, or just hit 'em with grenades meant to cause nonstop hemorrhaging and then gutshot 'em, it's great fun.

Sounds like a good time, and something different from sitting back as a Sniper(nothing against Sniper, I loooooove the class), will probably give it a shot later tonight

• Options
    Trooper is a fun class, but their story is one of the worst in the game. Just so disjointed, you do have commander shepard or Varric as voices though.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    not gonna lie, I'm all about the Continuing Adventures of Jennifer Hale.

("Shepard." "Vik.")

• Options
    Having never played any Mass Effect, I prefer the Bounty Hunter flavor over Trooper when I want that gameplay style. Death From Above just feels more fun than Mortar Barrage despite having the exact same effect.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Having never played any Mass Effect, I prefer the Bounty Hunter flavor over Trooper when I want that gameplay style. Death From Above just feels more fun than Mortar Barrage despite having the exact same effect.

On the vanguard/powertech they changed that anim.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oh, guess I've really been out of it, only been playing my Warrior recently. Just logged in to realize my Powertech doesn't even have Death From Above any more. Either that or they renamed it/moved it somewhere else. Mortar Volley on my Commando looks similar to what I remember it, though.

• Options
    Really enjoying the agent so far. The end of Chapter 1 was great, I cheated a bit and looked up some of the choices. Do any of the other classes get choices that can effect the remaining story? Seemed like the SW and JC were cut and dry.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Oh, guess I've really been out of it, only been playing my Warrior recently. Just logged in to realize my Powertech doesn't even have Death From Above any more. Either that or they renamed it/moved it somewhere else. Mortar Volley on my Commando looks similar to what I remember it, though.

That was a 5.0 combat change. Mercenaries get Death from Above, Powertech gets Deadly Onslaught.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    To be fair to the Knight, I think the Kiramance is a more peer-to-peer than it might initially appear. The romance doesn't start until after she makes Knight herself, and before that it's implied that she's fairly close to the Knight in terms of age and experience.

Of course, nobody beats the Warrior in terms of creeptastic romance options.

Yeah, Kira literally seems to give very few shits that you are technically her master.

Or have any authority at all over her. Kira is basically two steps from going renegade Shepard at any time.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

I played as a Scrapper for a while, and it was great. The discipline is built around basically just running up to people and punching them in the face. I never got to try it out, but the expansion added the ability to run up to people and backstab them in the face, stealth bonuses and all.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

I played as a Scrapper for a while, and it was great. The discipline is built around basically just running up to people and punching them in the face. I never got to try it out, but the expansion added the ability to run up to people and backstab them in the face, stealth bonuses and all.

I find it remarkably easy to create personas to play my smuggler characters with, because I just base them on heist movie archetypes. My Scrapper is the muscle/thug who beats up guards when things go south, the giant slab of muscle in an ill-fitting suit and covered in scars who doesn't talk much, but who is far more shrewd and cunning than his appearance would imply.

• Options
    Anyone done this Rakghoul event? Seems more complicated than the last couple. I kind of want to get a couple Green/Black crystals for a future trooper or gunslinger.

• Options
    hmmmm, I just got married and banged a Voss, get back to my ship and Raina asks me to do a private inspection in my quarters. I was really hoping for a bit of ass chewing from her, I guess they have to put your companion dialog on a separate track.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    So veteran mode for kotfe is eminently doable in full 228s and a companion set to tank. No augments, though I have a maxed out legacy. Interestingly, the trash is more dangerous then the strong and elite mobs, since they do seemingly equal damage and the companions aren't great about holding aggro. Next up, kotet.

edit: even better, I forgot I hadn't equipped this character, so it's mostly 210s, other than a 220 main hand, 230 earpiece and implant, and a 230 offhand.

Orca on
  • Options
    Just finished the Agent story. Man was that good, it fit the background I setup for him really well. I only had 1 complaint; I'm finding this to be the case with all the classes, but the later you get the companion the less fleshed out and in cases well written they are. It only took 3-4 conversations before Raina wanted to get married. Even worse, she kept using the 'Sir' all the time. "I love you, Sir"... I think if we are about to get married you can stop with the formalities. Scorpio has maybe 4 conversations total? Overall though, even though I know the expansions are basically the same with for each side, I do kind of want to keep playing this character.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    SCORPIO plays a major role later on, and your Agent's history with her does get referenced.

• Options
    When does the next content patch hit with Iokath? I think I'm going to finish IIum with the agent and then I need a bit of a break haha. Going through the same planets over and over is a bit rough.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Details for 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 from Eric Musco:

As I mentioned earlier this week, we have quite a few changes planned for gearing over the next few Updates. Let’s go over what they are, when they are happening, and why!

Game Update 5.1.1 – Coming February 7th
    • All Command Experience Points (CXP) gains, CXP Boosts, and CXP Legacy Perks are now additive instead of multiplicative.
      This change is being made to setup for the greatly increased CXP gains that are possible in 5.1.1 (if you love math click the spoiler tag below for what this means in greater detail)
    • New CXP leveling event. This event will run until Game Update 5.2 in April. During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%.
      The goal is that you will earn one crate every 30 minutes or less. The 30 minute time-frame is for a Tier 3 crate (meaning 1 and 2 will be even faster).
    • All CXP Packs that you earn from drops and Missions are now Bind on Legacy.
      This change is to help a player distribute CXP around their Legacy if they choose to do so.
    • We are introducing a new 100% CXP boost in addition to the existing 15% and 25% boosts. This boost can be purchased from the Command Token vendor or the Cartel Market. This boost only works up to Command Rank 180 and lasts 2 hours (Command Tokens) or 3 hours (Cartel Market).
      The goal of selling this boost for Command Tokens is that it allows higher Command Rank players to use their Tokens to greatly accelerate leveling their alts (you can also buy them on the CM or GTN).

Game Update 5.1.2 – Coming February 28th
    • We will be rebalancing the CXP rewards you earn from Operations. Boss kills will now award more CXP than they did previously. The Operations Weekly has had its CXP reward greatly increased.
      Operations CXP rewards are below where we would like them to be and so we are increasing their CXP value from both gameplay and Missions.
    • Group Finder Daily CXP Rewards are being added. Completing the Daily Group Finder Bonus will award you with a bonus CXP Pack.
      We wanted to ensure there were great CXP incentives to participating in Group Finder. By making it a CXP Pack it has the added bonus of being Bind on Legacy so you can use it on whatever character you would like.
    • The completion Mission for Flashpoints have had their CXP values greatly increased.
      Flashpoint CXP rewards are also below where we would like them be to and so we have added a much larger CXP bonus for completing their respective Missions.
    • The Flashpoint and Uprising Weekly Missions have had their CXP rewards increased.
      Our goal is to really encourage players to play multiple types of content for the best rewards. We want to encourage playing a diverse set of content, not a singular activity (although you can always still do that if you prefer)
    • The PvP Daily and Weekly Missions now reward a batch of Unassembled Components.
      This is one of the changes we are making to help players in getting Unassembled Components faster. It also incentivizes dabbling into PvP often.
    • We have increased the Unassembled Components that are awarded to players after completing Ranked and Unranked Warzones.
      Not only did we want to reward playing Warzones through Missions, but we also wanted to ensure that those of you who play primarily Warzones each day could work towards purchasing gear quicker.

In the future
    • Unassembled Components and Legacy. We understand your Legacy is important to you and we agree with that, we are looking at ways to address that in the future.

These are all of the changes you can expect in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 for Galactic Command. As you can see there is a lot happening and we want to hear what you think. As we go through these updates we will continue to monitor feedback and data to see what other adjustments may need to be made!

-eric

Orca on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    When does the next content patch hit with Iokath? I think I'm going to finish IIum with the agent and then I need a bit of a break haha. Going through the same planets over and over is a bit rough.

Iokath will be dropping in 5.2. I'm not sure when that is. April?

• Options
    ugh, so much for my older santa looking vet trooper. The story looks like it locks you into the fresh out of camp young guy.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    ugh, so much for my older santa looking vet trooper. The story looks like it locks you into the fresh out of camp young guy.

Yeah, all the storylines take you from rookie through to veteran commander.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Kind of weird they put grey and such as options in. I guess if you were really into it, you could use the appearance generator to make your character older throughout the story.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Once you get your own ship, I find it's easy to pretend you're whatever age/experience level you please.

• Options
    And yoiks. Looks like KOTFE chapter X and above they started actually tuning Veteran. Tayvor is just putting out too much damage for me to handle!

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    So I decided to try this out after a long, long wait. Is there any best use of the few cartel coins I have?

• Options
    Cobell wrote: »
    So I decided to try this out after a long, long wait. Is there any best use of the few cartel coins I have?

Account-level unlocks, be they for cargo, legacy cargo, or any other thing.

Character-level unlocks you should never spend cartel coins on unless you have no choice (e.g. face-editing an existing character).

• Options
    I really only used Cartel coins to either unlock account level stuff, directly buy something like a gun or outfit, or bought a 65 character token to sell on the GTN to get some in game money.