As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Well, don't I feel silly. You're right. The correct door was on the other side of the pillar. :lol:

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Well, don't I feel silly. You're right. The correct door was on the other side of the pillar. :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, the first time around I didn't know there was the speeder by the camp in the city, so I made my way on my own speeder to the Spike, traveling through much higher level territory to get there (and dying frequently along the way).

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Last time I played SWTOR, I had only gone through all the chapters with my main, Sofia, a guardian. This time around, thanks to companions returning, I have a reason to try more classes. I went through Sage, and am now on Scoundrel. On the Guardian I had kept true to my space husband, Doc. On Sage, though, I had romanced Theron, and I like how much romance dialog has been added because of that. And it gave a different turn to my reunion with Felix Iresso, who I'd romanced on the character previously (I broke up with him, but honestly I'd only romanced him on that character to begin with because there was no one else). Now I'm doing Scoundrel. The thing was, I originally romanced and even married Corso on her (and loathed him), and I chose his next romance companion just on who was left after romancing everyone else, without thinking much about it at the time... and that was Koth.

As I told Strikor, my scoundrel has bad taste.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Frankly, I'm more alarmed by your Guardian's. Doc? Really?

• Options
    Frankly, I'm more alarmed by your Guardian's. Doc? Really?

Commander Zoom makes a good point Cambiata

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I just ran a rando mando raiders with people so bad I was seriously thinking of asking them to uninstall so as to not spread their awful to others.

STOP LEVELING THROUGH INSTANCES IF YOU'RE BAD!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Doc is a Bruce Campbell knock-off, how could I not.

And you're wrong, no one is worse than Corso.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

Skadge is worse than corso. I'd argue so is scorpio

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

ok, yes, Skadge is worse as a character. I meant as a romance option.

• Options

ok, yes, Skadge is worse as a character. I meant as a romance option.

I'm sure someone out there wants a skadge romance.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    *full body shiver*

• Options
    *full body shiver*

*Slave Collar Vette Shippers liked this*

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    *full body shiver*

*Slave Collar Vette Shippers liked this*

*barf*

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I would rather deal with Skadge’s psychopathic contrarian bullshit for eternity then Corso’s “ Nice Guy TM” bullshit he pulls on Fem Scoundrel.

Transporter on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    For extra fun points, female smugglers who get with Corso also sleep with him while they're sober and he's very drunk. Garbage all around.

• Options
    I would rather deal with Skadge’s psychopathic contrarian bullshit for eternity then Corso’s “ Nice Guy TM” bullshit he pulls on Fem Scoundrel.

I dunno Skadge is like an implied rapist, Corso is not everyones cup of tea, but at least not a rapist.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I like playing my Jedi Sentinel, but the story sucks. Even the side story sucks.

You play boy scout or edgy boy scout, ether way you'll fall a sleep doing mostly chores that don't really feel significant.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular

I dunno Skadge is like an implied rapist, Corso is not everyones cup of tea, but at least not a rapist.

So basically Corso is the Star Wars version of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDss0Up7Fko
    ?

• Options
    Roe wrote: »
    I like playing my Jedi Sentinel, but the story sucks. Even the side story sucks.

You play boy scout or edgy boy scout, ether way you'll fall a sleep doing mostly chores that don't really feel significant.

How far in are you?

Because that, uh, doesn't really describe the story as I remember.

• Options
    No story sucks as hard as the trooper story. Its so bad.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Disagree. Though my experience was probably enhanced a bit by being essentially The Continued Adventures of FemShep.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    With the exception of one or two railroadings and insufficient follow-up to possible developments in expansions, the Agent is probably the Best Story Overall.

The Jedi Knight and the Sith Warrior share Most Star Warsy.

The Sith Inquisitor does surprisingly well at conveying the more subtle sort of Sith arc (ha ha arc get it?), including the evil, granting it the rare Achievements In Villain Protagonist story award.

The Smuggler wins Funniest Dialogue and Best Character Work, but feels like it has the largest gulf between gameplay and story.

The Trooper was a decently-written but less-gritty Call of Duty story. I can see why people would say it is the most boring, because it's so run of the mill you could change some proper nouns and tech references and you would have a story that would fit for any modern shooter. It receives no awards.

The Bounty Hunter wins Most Consistent for literally having bounty hunting being the entirety of their class story. Special Award for Best Companion (Blizz) offset by Special Award for Worst Companion (Skadge).

The Consular wins the Most Disappointing Award for having an interesting concept rarely addressed ("Jedi as just a job") carried out in the most boring manner possible ("I don't care about any of these people"), combined with the least interesting companions.

These are all awarded by the Academy Solemnly Studying Star Wars Expanded And Tertiary Sources, an august body composed of me nerds distinguished scholars, whose opinions are Objective Truth that cannot be argued with.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I was disappointed in both the consular and inquisitor for not really being about fulfilling those interesting sounding job roles. An inquisitor story that's all about rooting out dissent across the galaxy would be a lot more fun than the fucken collecting ghosts shambles that we ended up with. At least the consular ends up at the negotiation table a few times.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I will grant that Dark Jaesa did more inquisiting than the Inquisitor did.

And Dark Jaesa sucked until
    the scene where she comes back after Ossus.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    I've decided to have my smuggler break up with Koth then date
    Arcann

So now I have a character who can date that guy and see what he's like.

What can I say, Smuggler likes her romance on the trashy side.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    That makes it all worth it.

• Options
    Arcann

Well you know he's a real lady killer. And brother killer, and whole family killer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Arcann

"I dated a garbage boy, and that wasn't fun.

Then I dated a slightly less garbage boy, and that wasn't fun.

So maybe the answer is to date a super-garbage boy."

• Options
    So every action has an asshole reaction, I think because I thought those one guys were bad I had a "pro" gamer up on my shit on cadminu telling me as a powertech to "use my knock back" and maybe I'm wrong, maybe I've read all my abilities and just keep missing it but I don't think a powertech has a knock back. Dude was just treating me garbo, including insulting me for not being a "legendary" player despite you know actually having that as well.

That was my penance for getting mad at people.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I had decided to use Koth's quantum bomb snafu as an opportunity to break up with him, but the opportunity never came. However I DID punch him over it. Then later I got a feels email from Koth that made it sound like we had already broken up. So maybe that did the trick?

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Koth: not sensible enough to not like a genocidal tyrant, because "he was good to us", sensible enough to get out of a physically abusive relationship.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Koth: not sensible enough to not like a genocidal tyrant, because "he was good to us", sensible enough to get out of a physically abusive relationship.

This seems true but I should mention there were available flirts in the dialog after the punch! I just didn't take any of them.

Edit: What I mean is, I wonder if it was skipping 3 flirt opportunities that ended the romance, especially since just before that chapter end I was getting romance-specific dialog from Koth as if nothing had changed. Or I wonder if it's a glitch and when I romance Arcann I'll find Koth pissy about it because we're in a relationship.

Cambiata on
  • Options
  • Options
    Whelp.My Smuggler still apparently in a relationship with Koth! She had the option to kiss him just before her mission to grab the throne. Koth: basically ok with an abusive partner?! Though to be fair to the smuggler, she solves most of her problems by punching them.

• Options
    "She was always good to me."

• Options
    "She was always good to me."

D:

• Options
    I guess Lord Scourges buff actor was back in the booth so possible return coming... All I know is its gracious of me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Disagree. Though my experience was probably enhanced a bit by being essentially The Continued Adventures of FemShep.

Basically if you see it as femshep rides again it is very enjoyable. The story line from the vanilla game built to a very fun very shepard type mission and it made good use of all your companions helping out.

• Options
    Dumping Corso was hilarious.

• Options
    Arcann romance is unbearably creepy. I'm hoping Tau Idair is romancable in the future so smuggler can try a non-trash person for once.