Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[SWTOR] Ossus: a great place for home decorators.

1676869707173»

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I am SO DONE pugging Battle of Rishi. Groups that otherwise seem intelligent and skilled fall apart on the last boss. Every single time. They faff around in ground damage and then wonder why they're dying. Ffffffffffff.

Orca
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Yesterday I was thinking about making a character specifically designed to romance Mako since I hadn't done that yet. It was just a vague idea until I was running around the imp fleet and thought of a name I would like to see if it was available. It was not, but my second choice was:
    rHyYm5Y.png

For reference:

StrikorShadowen
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    edited August 16
    So there's a change coming in the new expansion: command levels are going away. That means that the achievements for getting characters, and getting a character of each class, to command level 300 will become inaccessible.

I did that over a year ago.

But I noticed a while back I have exactly 48 character slots. So I created a character so that I would have a character of each spec on both side) and got them to level 70. That was done roundabout last December.

Once I got them all to that point, I decided to start grinding...credits. I wanted to fill in my collection, and then meant building up a lot of money to spend on cartel market things. That meant heroics...which are, as I have mentioned before, suboptimal for gaining command levels. But heroics do still give command points. When I started I had nine characters at level 300.

About a month ago, I learned that command levels were going away, I checked my list of who wasn't at command level 300 yet. There were 16 characters. Given that my methods generally lead to a gain of about ten command levels on two characters per day, I knew I wasn't going to make it if I kept doing heroics. So I started switching to doing the weekly quests in daily areas (Iokath, Yavin, Oricon, etc.). All told, you could gain about about 70 levels, about a week's worth of gain...in two days.

Then the double XP event hit a couple days later.

It's almost over now; it ends on Tuesday. Yesterday I got my 48th character to command level 300.

My last one was a character I was having login issues on. I ended up having to bump her down to the bottom ofhhte list because every time I logged in on her, I was logged back out, whether within seconds or minutes, and none of my progress was saved. When customer service finally fixed the problem, they gave me 500 cartel coins because of the delay.

Next project: get all my characters through chapter IX of Fallen Empire so I can open all the excess crates I have for the credits without wasting influence.

Shadowen on
    Commander ZoomBlackDragon480
    Shadowen wrote: »
    So there's a change coming in the new expansion: command levels are going away. That means that the achievements forgetting characters, and getting a character of each class, to command level 300 will become inaccessible.

Shit, I'm going to focus that, I still have my imp characters to get there.

• RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Hah, I haven't even gotten my main to 300. Might before they take command levels away.

spool32 wrote:
    he pops this cobalt blue tetrahedron like he's thought of something. I'm like son, you know that's just a reskinned fireball, right?
    edited August 17
    The weirdest bug happened to me today. I got in a groupfinder ops group to do the Machine Gods op in story mode. (first mistake I guess, but I'd never done it before and wanted to try). First boss went ok but that's basically a tank and spank. Second boss had mechanics. Some of them were explained right in the beginning, but during the fight I saw that adds were destroying the healers and no one was doing anything about it. I was dpsing so I only had one taunt available, but I used it and also tried to DPS the adds a little to get them off heals. (they couldn't be fully destroyed, because they put up shields when they got to like 70%. Eventually people were dying, including one healer, than the next. Oh and I forgot to add, that the second boss was pulled 1) When one person had not responded to ready check and 2) that person never game back and died immediately. So we're regrouping, and I mention that the tanks need to get threat from the adds or they will kill the healer. We also lost a tank, so I offered to get my tank gear from pub side and come back as tank instead of DPS. No one responded to either thing, so I went to go get food while we were trying to refill. 6-7 min later I come back and we still don't have a full group, so I mention again that I could get tank gear if anyone wanted. A couple of people say, yes please do that, so I went and got the gear, an of course when I come back to imp side I'm not in group. I put myself in group finder and am immediately put in their group, but they don't hit 'ready' and immediately after that they put out a call in Allies chat for a tank. I'm kinda ticked at this, since they know I'm coming back since that's what I said, that they not only didn't take the queue pop but are actively searching out a new tank. So I say this in Allies chat, and they're like, "oh, we weren't in queue." Ok, I don't know how I got the pop then, but whatever. As soon as we queue we now have a full group.

So I come into the ops group and I mention again (because I didn't get a response the first time, just like when I offered to tank) that it's kinda shitty they're out looking for a new tank when I'm busting my butt switching around to get my tank gear! And they're like, "no big deal, you're here now, get your but over here." And I start going through the long walk to get to the room and I'm thinking, "What right does this person have to tell ME that my annoyance is unjustified. You could have just apologized and I would have been fine, but telling me it's not important and also that I should hurry up is just making me more irritated." I say, "no, it is a big deal actually, the problem this raid has been having is that no one is listening so the mechanics aren't being taken care of. This is actually a problem. Like when I mentioned multiple times that the healers were dying to adds and no one did anything about it." While I'm talking, someone pops ready check even though I'm not in the room yet, and I'm like, "you're going to pull without me in the room, aren't you." - thinking, but not saying, "exactly like the first pull and the guy who didn't RC."

Eventually, they get mad at me, so I just leave because this is looking like it's going to be a shitshow anyway. I started queuing for Starfighter instead. And THIS is where it gets weird.

Because once I popped for Starfighter, I started seeing the raid's ops group chatter again. At first I assumed that in a weird coincidence, people from that raid had just decided to do Starfighter, too, and I was seeing them there. But I soon realized they weren't talking about capping objectives, they were talking about raid bosses. Even weirder, I was able to see the words of one of the group that I know had blocked me after I left (I know because she/he sent me a whisper after I left saying, "you didn't say anything useful so who cares if no one paid attention, just SHUT UP!" and when I tried to reply to them found I was blocked). Throughout the entire Starfighter match, they were trying to explain a boss to the tank who was just not getting it. Amazingly, their raid ended right when my match completed, with one of the healers saying, "I'm done." and other people agreeing.

I have never seen that bug before.

Cambiata on
    StrikorCommander ZoomShadowenRchanen
    edited 4:08AM
    People keep hopping into ranked queue and then calling everyone in the group garbage.

If you're so much better than everyone else, then get a group and queue group ranked, motherfucker.

Edit: Cracked had a photoplasty about just this topic and made a card for it -

o5TZ9fO.jpg

Cambiata at
    StrikorOrcaCommander ZoomShadowen