As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

lean [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Damn Matt on first reading that sounds like you proposed three days into a whirlwind romance

When we got to the hotel we'd both been up for about 24 hours, so we fell asleep after putting our luggage down, and I woke up when she coughed in her sleep and spit all over my face.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It's too bad the actual gameplay of massive chalice is incredibly boring and drab. So many good ideas.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also one thing about Massive Chalice that I never figured out.

Okay cool I can have same sex couples. But why would I? They are barren! I NEED THE CHILDREN! FUCK HAPPINESS!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    New mondo prints, I bought the Proposition one.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Damn Matt on first reading that sounds like you proposed three days into a whirlwind romance

that's not what happened?

i keep reading it and it looks like that's what happened

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    It's too bad the actual gameplay of massive chalice is incredibly boring and drab. So many good ideas.

I got my steam sale money's worth with it.

It could of had more but I think it was a pretty decent game. Light tactical eugenics game.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Hell yeah buying the hell out of SUPERHOT when I get home

But how much will it be? 10 bucks is an instant purchase. 20? I may wait a bit.

Giantbomb gave it a great review though, and I played the prototype again last night. Great game.

• Options

that's not what happened?

i keep reading it and it looks like that's what happened

After multiple years of knowing each other.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Also in this game the children are linked to the Fathers not the Mothers

So I could have a fucking godly child character with Nobility Dragon + Animal person stats

They would be literally unfuckingstoppable

*drools a little*

What force does the player represent in Fire Emblem

Is this just left unwondered

Some petty fickle godling, cooing and giggling as she mashes mortals together and makes kissy faces, opening up their dna like a radial menu and scrolling for appealing traits

The one thing that does make me uncomfortable is that the game will totally let you marry your brothers and sisters

In one game, they're your adoptive siblings, so there's kind of as excuse there. But in the other (the one I'm playing) they're your real biological siblings

I'm liek

game pls. I'll go many places for the stats, but I won't go there

...maybe

....It depends

....I mean, the Royals are fuckin' baller units and will have amazing children

........but I would never go there...maybe

Let's assign the creepiness a numerical value between 1 and 10 for each of these pairings

Now let's punch in the potential stats for their kids into this excel sheet

Copy paste

Auto sum

Hmmmmm

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

It could of had more but I think it was a pretty decent game. Light tactical eugenics game.

I couldn't bear to sit through the tactical missions. They were tedious. I love turn based games, but not when they're shallow and you're basically just moving guys into position to bang their health bars against each other.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I was like how the fuck could you drink two bottles of merlot and not be throwing up all those mushrooms.

a bottle is "only" like 5.5 drinks

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I've recommended it in vent but I will recommend it here:

If you like don't starve but get frustrated with how brutal it is, or if you just like crafting/progression games: Get crashlands. It is so good. If you get it on ios or android AND steam, you can even sync your save between the two.

It's pretty much sci fi-ish don't starve with respawning. It is immensely satisfying in the filling bars sense. Though you don't actually fill bars, you just make a thing so you can harvest shit to make a better thing.

• Options

I couldn't bear to sit through the tactical missions. They were tedious. I love turn based games, but not when they're shallow and you're basically just moving guys into position to bang their health bars against each other.

I went expecting basically a super light game that was banging abilities on health bars. But that is because before buying I watched some let's play footage.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I would like Don't Starve more but the hounds scare me and I find the inventory kind of tedious.

I bet with a helper friend it would be more exciting and we could plan expeditions.

• Options

I went expecting basically a super light game that was banging abilities on health bars. But that is because before buying I watched some let's play footage.

it was worth what i paid for it which was $0 thanks xbone games with gold god blessssssss u

• Options

it was worth what i paid for it which was $0 thanks xbone games with gold god blessssssss u

This is me with hand of fate.

Really neat game and idea.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    more like wincest

I had no idea you were that big of a Supernatural fan.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Crashlands fixes a lot of that inventory shit. Like it automatically switches to the right tool depending on the resource etc.

• Options

This is me with hand of fate.

Really neat game and idea.

i actually bought hand of fate on steam

then it was also on xbox i realized so i bought it again

i'm a weirdo. i should beat that game...

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I would like Don't Starve more but the hounds scare me and I find the inventory kind of tedious.

I bet with a helper friend it would be more exciting and we could plan expeditions.

let's starve 2gether!

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I loved Hand of Fate. Play the bajesus out of it.

• Options
    Crashlands fixes a lot of that inventory shit. Like it automatically switches to the right tool depending on the resource etc.

I am intrigued, but I can't buy it on amazon, so I must wait.

I like to ART
  • Options
    I tried dont starve together once with deebs and a some pubs.

I decided it was better to starve alone.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Bioware guy did a survey to see if anyone was interested in a Dragon Age Tactics game sort of like Fire Emblem or XCOM

My interest is piqued.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    I'm not saying deebs is bad at don't starve, just that, much like his LoL play, his teammates are his last consideration as he wanders off into the wilderness.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    it's interesting that grapefruit has interactions with a lot of medicine

it also supposedly helps protect yer brain when consuming MDMA

wonder what it is about grapefruits
    : Grapefruit contains furanocoumarins, which block an enzyme that normally breaks down certain medications in the body. When it is left unchecked, medication levels can grow toxic in the body.

i guess that makes sense

i think the grapefruit chemically for the same reasons helps prevent the breakdown of mdma into the more harmful mda molecule

poo
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Also we did a catered lunch today and it was awesome
    steak kabobs, crawfish stuffed mushrooms. fruit and veggies, cheeses, red velvet miini-cupcakes, wings, tiny sandwiches (pimento cheese, egg salad, and chicken salad)
    and now i have to run across campus for a training event ahhhhhh

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    New mondo prints, I bought the Proposition one.

@simonwolf

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I am in a mood today

Fuck everything burn it down etc etc

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I've recommended it in vent but I will recommend it here:

If you like don't starve but get frustrated with how brutal it is, or if you just like crafting/progression games: Get crashlands. It is so good. If you get it on ios or android AND steam, you can even sync your save between the two.

It's pretty much sci fi-ish don't starve with respawning. It is immensely satisfying in the filling bars sense. Though you don't actually fill bars, you just make a thing so you can harvest shit to make a better thing.

Hmm

Okay bought

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    I am in a mood today

Fuck everything burn it down etc etc

*hug!*

• Options
    I also just love the name of the dev company.

Butterscotch Shenanigans.

I love that. So fun to say.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Then your families made war on each other because her cousin Tybalt talked shit at your bro Mercutio and fuckin' iced him, and she tried to flee with you by faking her death via a potion that mimicked the eternal slumber of death, but she didn't give you a heads up, so when you came to meet her, you found her dead and didn't even wait like 10 seconds before killing yourself with real poison, and wouldn't you know it she woke up in like, one minute, and saw your dead ass draped over her, and was like, man, fuck this, and stabbed herself to death

Um, spoilers

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    There SHOULD BE a rocket launch in T-~6 hours, [chat].

Prepare your dongers for raising.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Also a lot of the meta commentary on the convuluted emotions and feelings brought up by The Americans is from a distinctly American perspective. As a Reagan-hating non-murcan the whole thing is a lot more straightforward

@Elldren if you haven't watched Deutschland '83 it makes for a really interesting companion piece to the Americans.

It's got a similar story of a spy heading over to democracyland, but it's an East German going to west germany, so it's not like he can just write them off as an evil empire. And both sides of Germany can't help but notice that all the scenarios for the Cold War getting hot result in Germany getting turned into more-or-less glowing pavement. So no matter their individual ideologies both sides have a lot more ambivalence towards this whole idea of "winning" the cold war.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I'm not saying deebs is bad at don't starve, just that, much like his LoL play, his teammates are his last consideration as he wanders off into the wilderness.

I 'm just saying that I thought you would have been better at Dont Starve considering how much well you feed in LoL.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    I also just love the name of the dev company.

Butterscotch Shenanigans.

I love that. So fun to say.

"got another buttshen contract"

"ugh those guys are such perfectionists"

I like to ART
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Watched Dope last night and it was.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

I 'm just saying that I thought you would have been better at Dont Starve considering how much well you feed in LoL.

It was a while ago

but didn't you set an entire forest on fire?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    @BeNarwhal Sorry, Dude, I was busy all day yesterday. :( I will have to take delayed umbrage at whatever badmouthing people have said about Calgary.

@Deebaser You're on my revenge list now, dude!

I did see that some of the shit talking was Flames related? Considering all the Canadian teams are at the bottom of the league, I think we all have to accept that the NHL is for Americans now.

This discussion has been closed.