As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Without [music] Life Would Be An Error

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Finally released a clean version for the release of the single before the game launch.

FFXIV legit has probably the best video game soundtrack ever (which is kind of cheating since it's an MMO and it keeps getting expanded, but there's just so much amazing stuff there).

SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    KoopahTroopahmanwiththemachinegun
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Sam Carter eh? If I wasn't on a zoom call I'd be firing that up

KoopahTroopah
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Sam is sick. Barely sounds like him though haha. The band even mimes the vocals without Sam, it's like he's not there. :bigfrown:

KoopahTroopah on
    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah
    Switch: 1639-6388-9968- PSN: Koopah089
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Been rotating the Lorna Shore EP a bunch, and Will just started putting out one take performances on his YouTube channel.

Dude is a fucking animal.

jungleroomxBlackDragon480
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Sam is sick. Barely sounds like him though haha. The band even mimes the vocals without Sam, it's like he's not there. :bigfrown:

Yeah wasn't too impressed.

That Lorna Shore one-take tho... hot damn dude is incredible. I wish him the best career and hope he doesn't do stupid shit and implode like his predecessor.

KoopahTroopahBlackDragon480
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Sam Carter eh? If I wasn't on a zoom call I'd be firing that up

Yeah, I think he's doing a lot of vocals for this expansion? He was also singing the song in the launch trailer, too.

SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    KoopahTroopah
    Dang, Jungle is very good.

SijLqhH.png
    JebusUD
    I've been on a Jinjer kick lately. Love this song.

BlackDragon480KreutzMarek
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Example Infinity+1 that metal bands are all huge nerds:

Couple of impressive notes outta Tommy on the last 2 choruses.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Alex Melton is so good <3<3

SijLqhH.png
    flamebroiledchickenCristoval
    edited December 2021
    Spotify Wrapped 2021 is out.
    vzs2zufw51ql.png

Funny that three of my top songs are just on my playlist and I shuffle them around with the mix setting turned on. Sometimes I think Spotify's shuffle is busted and doesn't shuffle very well lol.

KoopahTroopah on
    Stabbity StylePailryderLocal H JayKreutz
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Spotify's shuffle absolutely plays favorites with the order of songs, sometimes I just go to a random spot in my massive playlists and hit go

5vfiadko4ev0.png

That new Vince Staples album was on repeat this year. I also listened to a record amount of electronic music this year. If Sewerslvt's Spotify had not gotten hacked (I moved to YouTube when listening to them) they would easily be my #1 for the year

Local H Jay on
    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    KoopahTroopah
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

And if you google vocal coaches reacting to this you find a very amusing hole to fall down

BlackDragon480KreutzKoopahTroopahMarek
  • KreutzKreutz Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    6446f8hfcftd.png

I didn't realize I listened to so much R.E.M. but I ended up in the top 1% of their listeners. Same with Melvins, Spotify keeps putting them in my daily playlists and it adds up. 60+ genres listened to this year so at least I'm not becoming stagnant.

Kreutz on
    KoopahTroopah
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular

The Beths are 4/5 of my top listened to songs 🤣 Also... Bubblegrunge?

KoopahTroopah
    I guess I listened to this album 10 times this year, which made it my most played album and the songs on it my most played songs. Probably not what I would have considered something I'd listened to the most, but I guess it was. Still, not a bad album to take the spot, all things considered.

SijLqhH.png
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    I also got bubblegrunge as one of my top genres! Stop trying to make bubblegrunge happen, Spotify!

4 of my 5 top songs are by Turnstile (Glow On is an easy shoo-in for my AOTY) and the 5th is this incredible track which is Song of the Life as far as I'm concerned:

y59kydgzuja4.png

And if you google vocal coaches reacting to this you find a very amusing hole to fall down

Stereogum actually just did a fascinating deep dive on the phenomenon of reaction videos to Jinjer's "Pisces".

y59kydgzuja4.png
    KreutzHappylilElf
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    For those that were unaware, your balls should not feel like a pair of maracas:

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I don't think that's a facial mask

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Turnstile bring the heat to Tiny Desk

really digging the ballad version of Mystery

y59kydgzuja4.png
    Stabbity StylePailryderKoopahTroopah
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    New nanoray album slaps

Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    New Fit For An Autopsy album sounds amazing. Really excited for this release.

jungleroomx
    edited January 14
    Underoath puts out their newest effort "Voyerist". It's definitely different than other albums they've put out, and Spencer goes hard. The experimentation on the music pays off, but the mix is a little muddled. A solid album back though, I liked it more than Erase Me.

Fit For An Autopsy's new album is fucking crazy. Which I kind of expected since every single they've released for it has hit for me. Just the genre mixing, and the riffs are all incredible. This is a start to finish great deathcore album.

Still have to check out Shadow of Intent and Enterprise Earth. Happy new music day!

KoopahTroopah on
    New PUP album out April 1st.

Stabbity Style
    @KoopahTroopah

Shadow of Intent is fucking hype. Get it.

KoopahTroopahMc zany
    New PUP album out April 1st.

Hm, dunno how I feel about the new direction they're going based on this single. I'll probably need to hear some more new songs to give it context. Morbid Stuff is a hell of an album to follow up, though.

SijLqhH.png
    KoopahTroopah
    Every Time I die is breaking up. The band members and Keith are having issues, so I'm pretty sure it's just a done deal at this point. RIP.

Erra self-titled deluxe has a new song on it:

It's awesome.

jungleroomxMarek
    Erra self-titled deluxe has a new song on it:

It's awesome.

Yeah, this is a goodun. Bought the single track.

• Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular

This is my new favourite band!

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

This is my new favourite band!

They have lots of good ones.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    flamebroiledchicken
    Alex Melton is too good <3<3 Redid a cover he did when he was just starting to do these. New version slaps.

SijLqhH.png
    Local H JayKoopahTroopah
    Saw Volbeat and Ghost over the weekend in Minneapolis

I'd never heard Ghost's cover of Enter Sandman so I was sitting there for almost a full minute thinking "Oh my god did Ghost do a fuckin' sadgirl cover of Enter Sandman?"

H3Knuckles
  • LindLind Registered User regular

I'd never heard Ghost's cover of Enter Sandman so I was sitting there for almost a full minute thinking "Oh my god did Ghost do a fuckin' sadgirl cover of Enter Sandman?"

I quite like the cover, very much looking forward to the new Ghost album.

HappylilElf
    Lind wrote: »

I quite like the cover, very much looking forward to the new Ghost album.

I liked it too but there was a lengthy moment where I was sitting there thinking "what is happening right now?"

Lind
    New Big Thief album is pretty good.

SijLqhH.png
    flamebroiledchicken
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Foo Fighters put this up a couple days ago.

From their movie that is coming out. Channels Motorhead a bit. The bigger news is, this is just the first song, they're releasing an entire thrash album, supposedly next week.

nibXTE7.png
    H3KnucklesNetscape
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Daft Punk streamed a concert they did in 1997 at the Mayan in LA on Twitch today. The didn't leave it up for replay, but people managed to screen record it. No idea how long this will stay up.

nibXTE7.png
    H3KnucklesKoopahTroopah