As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Without [music] Life Would Be An Error

1212223242527»

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Erra covers Muse's Stockholm Syndrome. Jesse does a great job matching Matt's vocals and the rest is as heavy as you'd expect while remaining faithful to the original. It's a good cover.

Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah
    Switch: 1639-6388-9968- PSN: Koopah089
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    New Big Thief album is pretty good.

I really love the heavier version of this song that they've been playing live:

Big Thief are just the best

y59kydgzuja4.png
    Stabbity StyleCristovalHappylilElf
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Bad news: Jinjer has cancelled all of their North American tour dates (for obviously very understandable reasons what with the whole home currently being invaded thing)

Good news: They posted that they and their families are all currently safe.

Bonus news: They partnered with Napalm Records to create a pair of shirts with all proceeds going towards charities in Ukraine. I'm not sure posting a direct link is allowed but you can find them in their merch store from the Jinjer website.

KoopahTroopah
  • LindLind Registered User regular

Ghost’s new album IMPERA is out now.
    Kaiserion is so so good. Great song to start shows with as well.

MyiagrosHappylilElfFeriluce
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Man I am looking forward to that new King Gizzard album.

SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Alrighty, we've got a conservatory violinist with synesthesia and the son of a first chair violinist in the New Japan philharmonic with a penchant for ladies Victorian fashion teaming up:

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    HappylilElf
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    For anyone who enjoys mashups, to say the Kleptones have been busy lately would be an understatement. I missed all of this when it came out because of kids and then covid, and the fact they hadn't released anything really since 2010 so I wasn't really keeping up, but in the past three years they released as they called it a quadriptych, a mashup magnum opus of sorts. Four albums titled OV/ER/LO/AD clocking in at just over 8 hours combined. All free, just like everything they make.

https://kleptones.bandcamp.com/

Not that this is all they've been doing either. They spent covid lockdown releasing live sets, sixteen of them, through their soundcloud, ranging from just under two hours to over five hours long, along with various mixtapes encompassing every genre. Literally every genre.

https://soundcloud.com/kleptones

nibXTE7.png
    Netscapedurandal4532
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 25
    Alrighty, we've got a conservatory violinist with synesthesia and the son of a first chair violinist in the New Japan philharmonic with a penchant for ladies Victorian fashion teaming up:
    Going off Hizaki, the guitarist there, he plays in a band called Versailles that also features one of my favorite drummers of the last 20 years, Yuki:

He's a beast and one of the best Japan's metal scene has produced since Yoshiki of X Japan.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    durandal4532
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 26
    Saw Sparks live tonight and they put on a fucking awesome show. First show I've been to in 2.5yrs and it was good yes.

Ah_Pook on
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    New Utsu-P song is really working for me.

edited April 11

Sometimes, I just want to sit back and watch a beautiful man in an 18th century dress w/hoop skirt shred his ass off.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    jungleroomx
    Oh hey this got bumped

Ok cross posting from [Chat]

I saw The Pretty Reckless and Shinedown last Wednesday!

Shinedown was great and put on an amazing show. Like this was the stage show I had been expecting from Ghost after all of the hype people gave it. If you like live music, and you're even remotely a fan of any of their songs at all. and they're playing anywhere near you? I can virtually guarantee it's going to be worth the ticket price.

I think The Pretty Reckless did as well?

I say think because there was a group of four soccer moms directly in front of us that talked through the set.

And not like talking into one another's ear like you would normally do. They were just screaming at each other in order to be heard. While The Pretty Reckless was playing. The entire fucking time The Pretty Reckless was playing. And we weren't even in the nosebleeds or anything. We were on the floor maybe 8-10 people back from the actual stage itself which made it even more maddening.

Roughly five songs in the guy standing next to them motioned for another guy to come over. They talked into each other's ears for a bit trying to covertly look at me when the lights would go down which didn't really work because their heads were less than a foot from mine. After a few exchanges first guy goes back to standing a bit off to my left and the guy that came over leaned back and shouted in my ear "Just don't kill the redhead, I'm married to her."

Apparently I was doing a much poorer job of keeping my expression neutral about the whole thing than I thought.

Long story short I'm now seriously contemplating driving to Kansas City in July to see The Warning, Lilith Czar, The Pretty Reckless, and Halestorm because despite it being a 7+ hour drive it's like, can I... can I just please see The Pretty Reckless live?

LindBlackDragon480
    Hmm...Pretty Reckless, Lilith Czar, and Halestorm (I love both tracks from the upcoming album they've released) you say...and it's at Starlight Ampitheater (gorgeous outdoor bowl and best place in Kansas City to see musical theater since the Lyric Opera house has shutdown (its where i saw Dream Theater and had Danny Carey sit 2 rows behind me)) and it's on a Sunday so don't even need to use PTO...to Ticketmaster I go.

And to change gears, here's a cut that just makes me want to turn my guitar into a coffee table:

He ripped hemi-demi-semiquavers and bursts of tremolo on a 12 string Ovation behind his freaking head!

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    HappylilElfdurandal4532
    Haha, @BlackDragon480 you shoulda let me know, I would have gone in on the tickets with you :tongue:

BlackDragon480
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    New With The Punches, local pop punk band that called it quits for 9 or so years is back with a new EP coming in May:

HappylilElf
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular

The Linda Lindas album rules

HappylilElf
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 19
    The Linda Lindas are great

Vanguard on
    Ah_Pook
    Anyone looking for some heavy, new Veil has you covered.

As close to their old style as you can get without going back to 2012 I suppose. Lots of chaotic time jumps, panic chords, and just crazy fills.

Reflections just released a surprise remaster/redo of their first album they put out 10 years ago. It's really bouncy progressive metalcore/deathcore, and the redux sounds great.

Stray from the Path released "(Badge and a Bullet) III" from their new album coming out in September.

jungleroomx
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    New Toro Y Moi dropped a few days ago.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    418262l5w111.png

Sad.

jungleroomx
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    418262l5w111.png

Sad.

Fuck

BlackDragon480
  • AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    persistence of sound persists in releasing sound concrete/field recs stuff. nice lighthearted wee table tennis based piece from natasha barrett:

CaptainBeyondKoopahTroopah
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Haven't really fucked with stuff Orville Peck's put out before, but this is pretty gud. Probably gonna give Bronco a listen.

SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    Kreutz