As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Retrogaming at PAX?

ACRACR Registered User new member
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, never been to any of the PAX events (yeah I know, I'm ashamed). Anyway, I was wondering if there were some retrogaming events or activities organized during the PAX main events.

I'm asking because with my team, we actually organize such activities in Canada and we're thinking of lending our services to great events like those ones.

Thanks!

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    All of the PAXen feature Classic Console Freeplay/Tourney (Atari 2600 -> PS2) and the stateside ones also have Classic Arcade rooms as well. The former is run by Enforcers, while the latter is run and sponsored by local companies (I know Ground Kontrol handles West usually, forgot who did the last South and East). I'm not entirely sure if there's really room for what you're asking for.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • ACRACR Registered User new member
    Thank you very much for your reply! It was a very naive question as I've never been to any PAX event yet. That's awesome if retrogaming is represented and it would be a shame if it wasn't.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    From what I know, all the Classic Console stuff is owned or loaned internally. I don't think they've had to reach out to the community in awhile. That said, from what I saw at Prime 2015, they probably wouldn't say no to any setup that can run Smash. Seriously, they might as well have glued a copy of Smash Bros into each the Nintendo machine.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    If you are interested in organizing an event outside of PAX, you could do a community event either before or after (thursday, monday evening or tuesday), and post about it in the PAX East forum. Many community members organize events, such as the pub crawl, tabletop night and post-pax party. There are also a few local places that have classic games, I know Gameworks has a few, and that's right near the convention center. There's also a location outside of downtown that has a number of older pinball machines, if you're willing to get out of the city center.

E6LkoFK.png