As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stardew Valley

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Also remember that it takes 2 days to upgrade, so if you have crops to water make sure it's raining tomorrow before you hand Clint the watering can.

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Also remember that it takes 2 days to upgrade, so if you have crops to water make sure it's raining tomorrow before you hand Clint the watering can.

Or, since most crops die on the season change, water things on the 27th then hand it over for an upgrade. You don't need to water on the 28th, and will get it back on the 1st.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Is there any reason to really keep Void Chickens? It doesn't seem like void mayo is that much better than large/gold eggs, which I get a lot of.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    There is a quest that involves void mayo, but other than that I just keep mine for barnyard diversity.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Is there any reason to really keep Void Chickens? It doesn't seem like void mayo is that much better than large/gold eggs, which I get a lot of.

Void mayo will always sell for only a little less than mayo made from a large egg. Normal chickens don't always lay large eggs so void chickens average out to higher profit.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    Spring of Year 3: Four Candles.

I win the game, right? J/K, I still need like 20m gold to buy all the goodies I want.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    oh and some additional news:
    I’m pleased to announce the official release dates for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of Stardew Valley!

Stardew Valley will launch in North America for the PS4 on December 13th, 2016.

Stardew Valley will launch in Europe for the PS4 and globally for the Xbox One on December 14th, 2016.

Pre-orders for the Xbox One (globally) and PS4 (Europe only) will begin on November 30th, 2016.

Stardew Valley will not be coming to the Wii U, however. Looking at Wii U and the current gaming landscape, we made the difficult choice to shift our development efforts to creating a version for Nintendo Switch. I am really looking forward to the Switch, and I believe that the Switch’s unique capabilities could create some exciting opportunities for Stardew Valley. I do want to emphasize that I am absolutely committed to seeing Stardew Valley on Nintendo platforms, and I really do appreciate your support and understanding in this.

-Ape

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-console-release-dates/

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Very disappointed about no Wii U version. My daughter was looking forward to playing it on the Wii U this Christmas.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Stardew Valley on the Switch?

But when I walked away from my computer I was free

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is there a way to save other than sleeping? I'm on PS4 if that makes a difference.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    I understand the choice to put it on the switch and skip the Wii U. It would be less understandable if he were not such a small operation and already so active in supporting his game.

I wish there were more of him so I could get more games.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i can't decide who to marry

kind of want to go after Shane just to divorce him later my god he's a jerk

"Shane's busy working"

Uh... it's like, 10PM and we're at the bar! He's clearly just drinking...

As I mentioned in the PSN thread, Abigail had a Super Nintendo. That's a pretty big deciding factor for me.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is there a way to save other than sleeping? I'm on PS4 if that makes a difference.

Admittedly I haven't played the game since the early part of the year, but no, I don't think there's a way to save except by going to sleep. A day is apparently less than 15 minutes in real time, though.

Magic Pink wrote: »

I think this is called "disproportionate retribution"
    Also, Shane isn't a jerk. He's a massively, suicidally depressed alcoholic. So, you know, maybe don't marry him then divorce him to "teach him a lesson" :P

Alex is my favorite of the dudes. He is kinda a jerk when you start out, but as he develops he is really just a kinda dumb sweetheart.

camo_sig2.png

Part of me feels bad about feeding alcoholics endless beer and pale ales

A bigger part of me wants dumb beart points so I can stop carring around gifts :P

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »

Also, Shane isn't a jerk. He's a massively, suicidally depressed alcoholic. So, you know, maybe don't marry him then divorce him to "teach him a lesson" :P

Alex is my favorite of the dudes. He is kinda a jerk when you start out, but as he develops he is really just a kinda dumb sweetheart.

plus he's built like hard on <3

Abigail is kinda mean, and wont talk to me... :(

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I haven't played since around launch and was still in the first year.

Do I need to start a new game to see all the new stuff or is it all retroactively added?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile

Sometimes you can find him working out without a shirt

camo_sig2.png

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    How forgiving is the game without a guide? I'm currently halfway through summer of year 1 and I can already tell I'm not coming close to what is theoretically possible. The community center item "hunt" alone is worrying. Basically I don't want to be super deep into the game and find out I missed something huge because I didn't explore enough.

Super incredibly forgiving. You can't miss anything. Ever.

camo_sig2.png

So is it like endless or some sort of NG+ situation?

Magus` wrote: »

So is it like endless or some sort of NG+ situation?

Endless.

There's a "soft" end at the start of the third year, but even that is repeatable so you can get the best soft end. You also can keep playing after it.

camo_sig2.png

Awesome. Now I just need to unlock the good sprinklers and I can design around them. Also my fence keeps falling apart. Time to make better one, I guess.

• TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Unlike the earlier Harvest Moon games, the fences are decoration only.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Takel wrote: »

They keep animals from roaming, which you may or may not want.

I like them for a sense of where things "belong" but we'll see.

I used fences in my garden areas at first, but eventually realized they only got in the way. Once I started with raising animals (which wasn't until spring of year 2), I made more use of them.

I found myself placing gravel pathways around my growing areas a lot.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Fences also keep grass contained.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Where do I get livestock and does better fishing equipment make the fishing controls less awful?

edited December 2016

No they ain't. They're corrals for grass, so you always have some to generate more. Otherwise your animals eat ALL THE GRASS, and you go broke buying grass starter or hay.

akjak on
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Decoration as in you don't need to have a fully unbroken perimeter otherwise wild dogs will eat your cows necessary

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    Decoration as in you don't need to have a fully unbroken perimeter otherwise wild dogs will eat your cows necessary

No you just need an unbroken perimeter so that you don't find animals in your fruit tree grove on the other side of the farm.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Where do I get livestock and does better fishing equipment make the fishing controls less awful?
    Marnie sells livestock south of your farm. But you need to go to Robin and get the appropriate building before you can unlock them.

First part of the question has been taken care of already, but yeah, fishing does get a little easier with better fishing poles and lures. It can still be a challenge.

• Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

What a monster!

Sometimes you can find him working out without a shirt

Alex is the totel jock dude-bro of my dreams.

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Fishing gets a lot easier as your skill improves, making the green bar bigger. Also if you didn't know, you can just hold the button to make the bar climb, which is easier than mashing frantically like I and many others assumed was what you needed to do the first time.

You can also find recipes/meals that boost your fishing skill temporarily.

s7Imn5J.png
    So I manage to get Emily to ten stars about mid Fall and the game decides rain no longer exists. It's going to be a lonely winter.