As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    is there a partner that actually helps out around the farm everyday? Because as sweet as he is Sebastian doesn't do shit.

Also....His hearts are all full but he's been really rude to me the past two days. Don't know why?

NPCs get really pissed off if you have something that blocks their pathing. so check inside your house makes sure nothings blocking his pathing.

Just completed first day of summer, planted 12 peppers, 12 tomato, 12 hops, 12 corn, 12 blueberry, 12 radishes, and 4 sunflowers with sprinklers keeping them all watered.

Also planted a 6x6 area of melons that I have to manually water, hoping to get one or two giant crops (never got those before)

Cost about 10 grand in total, and used up almost all of my copper and iron making the 19 sprinklers.

• Options
    KorhedronKorhedron Registered User regular
    Shit man, every time i see people optimising like crazy, i feel a little bad. My newest run I'll count myself lucky if I have enough dough left over to upgrade 1 tool in spring, or maaaaybe even buy the decent backpack. There's just too much faffing about to do, and never enough stamina for a hard days work the first season

These are the stories of Dwarf Fortress. Legends have been forged there, and meticulousy gathered in one mighty hub: http://dfstories.com/start-here/
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I need this game on the Switch like yesterday.

I picked it up on the cheap in the Steam sale, but what I really want is Switch+Mobile Stardew. Not even having a release date yet is painful.

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular

Buttcleft wrote: »
    is there a partner that actually helps out around the farm everyday? Because as sweet as he is Sebastian doesn't do shit.

Also....His hearts are all full but he's been really rude to me the past two days. Don't know why?

NPCs get really pissed off if you have something that blocks their pathing. so check inside your house makes sure nothings blocking his pathing.

Just completed first day of summer, planted 12 peppers, 12 tomato, 12 hops, 12 corn, 12 blueberry, 12 radishes, and 4 sunflowers with sprinklers keeping them all watered.

Also planted a 6x6 area of melons that I have to manually water, hoping to get one or two giant crops (never got those before)

Cost about 10 grand in total, and used up almost all of my copper and iron making the 19 sprinklers.

Omg thanks! That makes sense. I have a table in the living room right before the little kitchen area and he always has to go around it. No wonder he was so grumpy and telling me I need to clean the house x.X

That's a great idea. I'm in the middle of winter of my 2nd year so I'll start working on a couple more sprinklers. I just got better gear and more recipes so I can tackle the skeleton caves. Just finished the community center too! I was gonna start saving up to upgrade my house again next. I have all the upgraded animal barns and stuff now so that's been really helpful. Finally mastered fishing too!

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Stardew coming out is a great thing for Switch owners. Also the multiplayer getting released on PC first is truly an awesome thing.

Stardew was one my favorite games last year and when I finished the community center It was a rewarding experience. Joja mart can kiss my a**e.

Any news on how many players can multiplayer on one farm?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Stardew coming out is a great thing for Switch owners. Also the multiplayer getting released on PC first is truly an awesome thing.

Stardew was one my favorite games last year and when I finished the community center It was a rewarding experience. Joja mart can kiss my a**e.

Any news on how many players can multiplayer on one farm?

There is no news at all about multiplayer, other than "yeah, sometime it's coming"

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I finished off my second big push with this game a little while ago. Got the 10,000,000g trophy and some other end game ones, got a real crazy truffle farm and ancient wine factory going, caught all the fish etc. Pretty happy with how my farm ended up. If I put in another year I would finish changing over to iridium sprinklers and get some junimo huts but eh. 119 hours seems like a pretty good place to tap out for the moment.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I've finally gotten to give this a shot thanks to @Zetx. Is there some sort of strafe button or option? It's way too complicated to just put down a line of fence, or water things in a line. Am I missing something? And is there a run button I'm missing? You move very slowly.

I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because the game keeps telling me to buy items or upgrades that cost 2000-10000 and I've made around 1500 total all Spring.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I've finally gotten to give this a shot thanks to @Zetx. Is there some sort of strafe button or option? It's way too complicated to just put down a line of fence, or water things in a line. Am I missing something? And is there a run button I'm missing? You move very slowly.

I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because the game keeps telling me to buy items or upgrades that cost 2000-10000 and I've made around 1500 total all Spring.

I use mouse+gamepad for placing lots of things in a line/planting massive fields. You can hold down the action button on the mouse while moving with the joystick

Don't feel too stressed about that

Money comes and while there are definitely ways to make Spring 1 more productive that's more for a subsequent playthrough imo

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

1. If you haven't already, turn on the option that highlights the square you're targeting, that helps a lot with placement.
    2. Hold down left shift to run? You may already be doing that, running isn't very fast. Later on you may find some things to help mitigate this, but travel time is intended to be a bit of a drain on your time.
    3. 1500 is a little low for 1st Spring. I wouldn't worry about giving people gifts yet, if you're spending money on that. Early game you should be re-investing your profits into more crops and eventually better tools.

One thing to keep in mind is that your first X dollars will always be the hardest X dollars to get. As long as you keep spending your money to reinvest in your farm, making money gets easier. Upgrading tools is important, and eventually you'll want to start looking into sprinklers (skip the basic ones). Remember that any crop that doesn't specifically say it lasts multiple seasons will die at the end of the season, whether it's produced yet or not. If you're good at fishing, it's a decent way to make money once you've watered all your crops and made a foraging run. I'll include a few slightly spoilery tips below, but keep in mind that there's no way to lose the game, so go at whatever pace feels best to you.
    Invest in a couple dozen blueberry seeds in summer, they have a really high return on investment. Also plant a few Hops plants and keep the fruits until you can put them in Kegs. Ducks and Goats make less money than Chickens and Cows, respectively, so I wouldn't invest too heavily in either. Pigs can make you some serious cash, but they're endgame. In the Community Center, prioritize the Boiler Room and Pantry upgrades, because the rewards there are the best.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm just using my PS4 controller. I guess I can try moving a hand to the mouse next time I put down a fence.

All I've been doing, really, is clearing everything off the farm that I can, trees and rocks, and fencing everything in. Since it said that would stop things from randomly growing or otherwise reappearing in there. I've got one area sectioned off with two spots of land that I'm planting stuff in. But it seems like I buy a few seeds and then I'm broke again. Every quest I've got or anything interesting I want to do requires me to spend huge amounts of money I don't have.

I'm not sure how you give gifts to someone. One random flower I picked up said it could be a gift, but I don't see any options when I talk to people.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Anything you're holding can be a gift.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    captaink wrote: »

Which also means be careful trying use certain items out of your inventory if there's a person around.

I swear I was just trying to set up a crab trap, not shove a bunch of fishing bait in your face Emily . . . .

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

Which also means be careful trying use certain items out of your inventory if there's a person around.

I swear I was just trying to set up a crab trap, not shove a bunch of fishing bait in your face Emily . . . .

"Emily, I'm just a man in a trilby hat, but please accept this minced bug meat as a token of my affection... What do you mean no? I DID THIS FOR YOU."

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Hmm, no local multiplayer. Kind of beat. I wonder if the Switch version will require two switches or not for multiplayer.

• Options
    I wonder if this means a delay in the Switch release? Surely they will want MP in at launch on the Switch version, right? Considering how social that console is?

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    hm I was gonna go for shane to marry on my second farm but now I'm not so sure. Kinda wanna go for someone different but idk who Dx

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Been approved? For what exactly? Stardew Valley was one of the initial Switch game announcements and Nintendo is only now approving something having to do with it?

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Been approved? For what exactly? Stardew Valley was one of the initial Switch game announcements and Nintendo is only now approving something having to do with it?

They submitted a final version to Nintendo for testing. Now that Nintendo has approved, we're closer to release.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular

As in their final build for the switch version has been approved through Nintendo certification for release.

Hot damn!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

As in their final build for the switch version has been approved through Nintendo certification for release.

Hot damn!

Gotta get that quality seal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Hot damn!

5cSj8rwl.jpg

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Hot damn!

5cSj8rwl.jpg

I would probably pay serious monies for an actual box version of the game that came like that had like an SNES cartridge inside that was just the case for the game card

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Wait why would a henhouse have a six foot long minecart track going into it?

• Options

dwarf hens

• Options

WE HAVE AUTOMATED THIS HENHOUSE FOR GREATER EFFICIENCY

THIS COAL POWERED CHICKEN NOW EJECTS EGGS AT VELOCITIES OF OVER 1500 FEET PER SECOND

• Options

WE HAVE AUTOMATED THIS HENHOUSE FOR GREATER EFFICIENCY

THIS COAL POWERED CHICKEN NOW EJECTS EGGS AT VELOCITIES OF OVER 1500 FEET PER SECOND

ok, gnome hens

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

Hot damn!

5cSj8rwl.jpg

God I wish I could go back and relive the SNES era again..

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    God I wish I could go back and relive the SNES era again..

But in a package a fourth the size, and for just, oh I don't know, $79.99.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Hot damn!

I wonder if the little dirty jokes got in the final switch version. Like the mayor looking for oil.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »

Hot damn!

I wonder if the little dirty jokes got in the final switch version. Like the mayor looking for oil.

ip483fJ.jpg

• Options
    This was already posted in the Switch general thread, but it's worth putting here too:

And it looks like the date is 5/10 for Europe.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Soooo I went back to this and....all my automation mods are broken? And I cant seem to get them working again. I had it set up where as long as a chest was connected to processers they would do the thing, for instance my shed was just 1 chest and a full grid of kegs, and a small section on the other side with a chest and jam makers. Same outside my barns with chests and a bunch of mayo machines/cheese machines. I really can't go back to the old way. And the newer mods I found don't work as well, I could use a chest nearly surrounded by machines, but another layer out wouldn't work. Am I missing something?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    If the game updated and broke the mod/s then probably not. Other than the mod getting updated, if that happened.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    "Soul Crushing Office Job", the game.

Or maybe "Joja Mart Tries to Kill Small Town", the game.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    "Soul Crushing Office Job", the game.

Or maybe "Joja Mart Tries to Kill Small Town", the game.

XyWHO0g.jpg
    Factorio

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Obviously a gritty prequel where you play as Kent and witness his slow descent into depression and trauma.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772