As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stardew Valley

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I’m on my 8th game of this and ~650 hours of playtime, help me

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I’m on my 8th game of this and ~650 hours of playtime, help me
    Yeah I just started a new farm a day or two ago. Whooooooooops I keep doing this instead of consuming new games or shows to watch.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I have successfully resisted the siren song of Stardew Valley by cleverly deciding to wait until the new content patch hits the Switch version, thereby freeing up time to play other games.

Mostly Cultist Simulator, but sometimes some other game gets a few minutes as well.

• bfickybficky Registered User regular
    I have successfully resisted the siren song of Stardew Valley by cleverly deciding to wait until the new content patch hits the Switch version, thereby freeing up time to play other games.

Mostly Cultist Simulator, but sometimes some other game gets a few minutes as well.

Heh, me too. I even own the super cute hardback game guide that was talked about in here, but I still have not bought the game yet. I was about to buy it on the PS4, but then I decided to wait until the Switch version came out because I figured I'd play it in handheld mode more. Once it came out on the Switch, then I decided to either wait for the 1.3 update or for it to go on sale (boy I wish Switch games went on sale like games on other platforms do). Now, I guess I'll wait until the iOS version comes out and decide if I want it on my phone or on the Switch. Eventually I'll play it.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    500k for a new house. good lord.

Was worth it though.
    Dawww..

Wasn't expecting that cutscene to give me feels.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm 10 days into Winter 1 and all I need is a red cabbage and a truffle to finish the community center. Stupid cart lady has not been cooperative.

steam_sig.png
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Has anyone tried out the iOS version yet? How does it play?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    Feels weird to finally be done with Stardew Valley (for now) after all this time, having finally completed all my goals including reaching floor 100 of the skull cavern.

Good times in an incredible video game.

I'm 10 days into Winter 1 and all I need is a red cabbage and a truffle to finish the community center. Stupid cart lady has not been cooperative.

Cart lady came through with a cabbage during the night market, but never got the truffle. 3rd day of spring i finally remembered to let my animals out of the barn and my pig pooped one out right away.

With the community center complete i can now focus on riding my new horsey around town throwing mayonnaise as precious stones at people.

steam_sig.png
    I love pigs. Level 10 foraging with the foraged goods are always iridium star level + chance of doubled foraged goods = 10+ truffles a day with 5-6 pigs = 10,000g+ every sunny day regardless of whatever else you do.

My eldest kid (6) has been borrowing my switch on occasion to play her own game of Stardew Valley for a few months now.

It finally occurred to me that... hey, I could set up my laptop for her to use and we could play a co-op game together. We even have a couple of controllers for the PC so she can use one of those instead of a keyboard.

My kid is finally old enough to play co-op games with me!!!

Although she did spend all our money on a beer on the second day... (trying to woo Shane, her favourite).

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    My eldest kid (6) has been borrowing my switch on occasion to play her own game of Stardew Valley for a few months now.

It finally occurred to me that... hey, I could set up my laptop for her to use and we could play a co-op game together. We even have a couple of controllers for the PC so she can use one of those instead of a keyboard.

My kid is finally old enough to play co-op games with me!!!

Although she did spend all our money on a beer on the second day... (trying to woo Shane, her favourite).

Well... that's a foreboding indicator for her teenage years :redface:

Caved and bought this on the Switch after sinking 200+ hours into the PC version. In my defense, I have a trip coming up and it's the best way to fly, "Whoops, where did those 3 hours go?"
    I love pigs. Level 10 foraging with the foraged goods are always iridium star level + chance of doubled foraged goods = 10+ truffles a day with 5-6 pigs = 10,000g+ every sunny day regardless of whatever else you do.

Related... On this playthrough I chose the Forest Farm. I'm going all in on foraging. Once I'm done with the community center bundle requirements, it's just gonna be all pigs. (Ok, maybe I'll have some chickens too. Gotta have a coop for when the dino egg shows up).

Gonna make the cave a mushroom cave. I'm gonna have creepy mushroom manor. My fortune will be made in truffle oil and wine.

My goal is to have the greenhouse before the end of Winter 1. Spring 1 is almost over, but I've gotten everything I need from it, and will have an upgraded watering can going in to Summer 1.

Update: Almost the end of Summer 2, and community center is done. I have a nice little truffle and coffee factory going. Reached the bottom of the mine. Have 4 mushroom trees (and a few more saplings that will probably be more). No boyfriend or girlfriend yet, but I'm not gonna marry anyone anyway.

Coffee tho... Coffee is the BEST gift. Only the kids don't like it, and you can churn out a ton of it very quickly. I always have like 40 cups of coffee on me. I'm like Stardew Valley Starbucks. I run around every day just delivering coffee to much acclaim.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Multiplayer patch is out on the Switch tomorrow. My daughter been waiting for these updates for months.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Wish I knew at what time the update is going to drop tomorrow. Don't want to keep checking every hour or anything.

How tho? Game launches like normal with no update for me...

akjak wrote: »

If it doesn't update automatically...

In the Switch home menu, press the + button on the Stardew Valley icon, then select Software Update (or whatever it's actually called in English) in the menu that pops up.

akjak wrote: »

If it doesn't update automatically...

In the Switch home menu, press the + button on the Stardew Valley icon, then select Software Update (or whatever it's actually called in English) in the menu that pops up.

How... Arcane. I went into the Manage Software section, why isn't it there too?!

I always get that greenhouse in year 1! It has the bonus of making that first winter less boring, too.

That winter 1 greenhouse almost always gets used for turning like, 6 strawberry seeds i can afford in spring 1 into enough for a couple fields worth in spring 2.

steam_sig.png
    I always get that greenhouse in year 1! It has the bonus of making that first winter less boring, too.
    I missed getting that in my first year by one gold star item that I accidentally sold. One.

Didn't get it until the start of the second year. Always bugged the shit out of me.

• JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I missed getting that in my first year by one gold star item that I accidentally sold. One.

Didn't get it until the start of the second year. Always bugged the shit out of me.

I just completely misunderstood what I was supposed to do so didn't get the spring crops bundle the first year. Spent the entire rest of the year thinking "ok so day 6 I can harvest the potato and put in the only item I'm missing".

Julius wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I just completely misunderstood what I was supposed to do so didn't get the spring crops bundle the first year. Spent the entire rest of the year thinking "ok so day 6 I can harvest the potato and put in the only item I'm missing".

I always obsessively check the merchant's cart, to see if maybe she's selling that Red Cabbage in Year 1, you know?

When she does, I usually don't have enough money for it because I blew it all on seeds and the harvest hasn't come in yet.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Patch 1.4 has landed, bringing us various goodies. Most notably, the four corners farm layout and a multiplayer option for non-shared money.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I started that trailer disappointed that it looks so much like Stardew (not just in terms of style, but like the menus and everything), but it successfully got me very excited by the end. God knows I'm a big fan of Recettear, although it doesn't look like the shop aspect of this is too huge.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I started that trailer disappointed that it looks so much like Stardew (not just in terms of style, but like the menus and everything), but it successfully got me very excited by the end. God knows I'm a big fan of Recettear, although it doesn't look like the shop aspect of this is too huge.

I would imagine that as the game gets more complete the UI style will get adjusted, but just starting out it's far simpler to copy and paste what you already have.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    The music in that teaser is fantastic

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Early gameplay?

No.

NO.

You take my money and gimme this right now god damnit

Closer to Stardew in more ways than I expected.

Looks great. As a huge Rune Factory nerd, pretty excited to hear its abit more of an action RPG.

(I liked the dungeons in SDV)

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Even if the visuals stay pretty much exactly Stardew, it's not like you can blame the guy. It's one of the most recognizable games on the market, and his purposefully dodgy responses to whether or not it takes place in the same world, implies that of course it takes place in the same world. So they can expand the universe and reduce workload.

I mean, we're all going to throw money at them anyway, why overthink it?

I will say, though, if it is going to focus more on combat, that portion of the Stardew Valley engine is going to need some serious work. Combat works fine, and is good enough to do its job in Stardew, but if the game was centered around that combat, ehhhhhhhh.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Even if the visuals stay pretty much exactly Stardew, it's not like you can blame the guy. It's one of the most recognizable games on the market, and his purposefully dodgy responses to whether or not it takes place in the same world, implies that of course it takes place in the same world. So they can expand the universe and reduce workload.

I mean, we're all going to throw money at them anyway, why overthink it?

I will say, though, if it is going to focus more on combat, that portion of the Stardew Valley engine is going to need some serious work. Combat works fine, and is good enough to do its job in Stardew, but if the game was centered around that combat, ehhhhhhhh.

Well since he doesn't have to create all the assets from scratch, and has a much better idea of game design, I figure he'll have time to polish combat and stuff. I really hope he does bring on some consultants for diversity and stuff especially in regards to the relationships.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Man, excite.

I've sunk over 200 hours into Stardew - by far my most played game in recent years. Almost all on Switch, because it's just such a no-stress game once you figure things out and set yourself achievable goals. I can just sit there on my recliner while the misses is watching something and plug away at a farm. I felt bad that I got it on sale, so I went and bought it on Steam just to give him more money. Then I went and bought it on GoG to give him more money and own it DRM free.

Saying it looks too similar too Stardew just makes me want it more.

Gimme this. Gimme it now.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    yes, i would like to pay concernedape more for making more stardew valley but also different.

if this one is good, i will also buy the next game.

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Stardew game where I can play as my own Willy Wonka and battle monsters in a magical realm?

Sign me the hell up.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I really didn't enjoy Stardew Valley and I can't remember why

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Xaquin wrote: »

You're a terrible person is the most likely answer, who hates fun and goodness and puppies. No worries, New Years coming and there is your resolution.

Trailer was good, for some reason made me think of Ultima, dunno why. Looking forward to it.

Nosf on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

If you're really trying to maximize what you can do every single day it can get a little stressful maybe?