As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Huh

ASM: Civil War 2 actually sounds more important and interesting than I would have guessed

Peter takes it up on himself to mentor the new Inhuman who has precognitive powers and tries to Uncle Ben as best as he can but he is super conflicted about the nature of the kid's powers and while he is with Carol he isn't 100% sold on her mission statement.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You mean Spider-Man is going to be with the obviously wrong side and then will likely have a change of heart partway through the event?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    You mean Spider-Man is going to be with the obviously wrong side and then will likely have a change of heart partway through the event?
    Probably not as Bendis says they are going out of their way to make sure they don't just repeat the same beats of Civil War 1

More likely something happens that causes him to reaffirm his side with Carol

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hey so you know that Pink Ranger comic book that's coming out?

I just found out that a good friend of mine is the colorist for it

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Bat v sup
    I'm so happy that lex gets his hair burned off

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Another big grain of salt that sounds at least plausible, someone wrote out a summary of the BvS plot (that debunks the Reddit stuff but confirms some other stuff).

Read for your own entertainment/risk.

SPOOLERS THPOILERTHZ

I don't know if any of these are true but they are fun to read.

Ceno on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Now take a Squirrel and go in reverse

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Another big grain of salt that sounds at least plausible, someone wrote out a summary of the BvS plot (that debunks the Reddit stuff but confirms some other stuff).

Read for your own entertainment/risk.

SPOOLERS THPOILERTHZ

I don't know if any of these are true but they are fun to read.

Barf, if true

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    If those spoilers are true it doesn't sound that bad to me.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmm art c2e2, saw Mike mingnola who was awesome, Waid was here but didn't have any prints for sale which wss a bummer, I wanted some daredevil art.

Oh and I got to meet Abby Motherfucking Howard

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Why would Waid have prints...?

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Why would Mark Waid have art prints for sale? He's a writer

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    You know, prints of words!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    You know, prints of words!

I've been to graphic design conventions that are like that.

• Options
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

one of the related videos for this is a BREAKDOWN. Youtube is ruined.

It's 22seconds long...there's nothing to break down that isn't immediately obvious. Bar some musical significance that I might be missing.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    That teaser is...pretty different from everything they've done with Jessica and Daredevil? Like their shows had humor and style but none of the teasers or ads were anything other than dark and grim and brooding

They've already said Iron Fist is going to be very different from the other Netflix shows, I am pretty okay with Luke Cage being more of a straight up superhero style thing or at least a little less grim

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    so apparently Marvel is doing a series of beefcake variant covers in July, which is kind of amazing

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/c2e2-mighty-men-of-marvel-take-over-julys-variants

• Options
    BLAP2016004_cov_MightyMen_Anacleto.jpg
    amazing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh shit!

Blade: The Hunter is still coming out!

Logan Faerber has been replaced with Afua Richardson, a black female artist who is also super rad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    That teaser is...pretty different from everything they've done with Jessica and Daredevil? Like their shows had humor and style but none of the teasers or ads were anything other than dark and grim and brooding

They've already said Iron Fist is going to be very different from the other Netflix shows, I am pretty okay with Luke Cage being more of a straight up superhero style thing or at least a little less grim

If the teaser is representative of the tone for the show then I already know I'm going to love Luke Cage

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

one of the related videos for this is a BREAKDOWN. Youtube is ruined.

It's 22seconds long...there's nothing to break down that isn't immediately obvious. Bar some musical significance that I might be missing.

Should be Lockdown, thats a great song
    it's a lockdown baby drives me crazy
    BLAP2016004_cov_MightyMen_Anacleto.jpg
    amazing

I want velvet version of this to be the first thing you see when you enter my house

• Options
    I mean it makes sense

Luke isn't like Jessica or Matt

he has his dark moments but for the most part he is a loud, confident dude who doesn't take shit and goes looking for trouble if it means he's protecting people

his show should reflect that, he isn't gonna fit into the dark shades of grey Daredevil/Jessica Jones mold when he's in a starring role

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh shit!

Logan Faerber has been replaced with Afua Richardson, a black female artist who is also super rad

I loooove Afu Chan's stuff

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Oh shit!

Not the same person

but the good news is they are both awesome

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    pmif2016006-mightymen-robinson-174856.jpg
    Let me buy this as a poster please, Marvel

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Is it just me or do the beefcake covers mostly just look like regular covers

have comics been beefcake this whole time

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    DeMoN wrote: »

A few of them do, like Greg Land and that Power Man and Iron Fist cover, but most of them are definitely beefcake

Doctor Strange ain't normally posing shirtless with bedroom eyes on his covers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    God dammit I love that Danny is just straight up wearing sneakers on his costume so much

Like it has grown on me as a whole but still isn't my favorite but the sneakers are perfect

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    Too bad Hercules is apparently canceled. Its beefcake cover could have been Herc and Gilgamesh oil wrestling

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    C2E2 is asking for 5 bucks to get a picture holding the actual Cap shield prop from the first movie

The problem I have is I would like to see how heavy it is and what it's made of but don't give a shiiiiiiiit about a picture

Also the back is signed by the Avengers and SHIELD cast and people keep having their picture be of them holding that side up, defeating the entire purpose of having the shield??

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Too bad Hercules is apparently canceled. Its beefcake cover could have been Herc and Gilgamesh oil wrestling
    I don't think it is officially cancelled yet and Herc showing up on Tony's side in the CW2 teasers makes me think it will last at least through the event

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Are matt and danny going to bond over being the only defenders who wear pajamas

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Yeah, about half of those covers are pretty underwhelming as far as beefcake goes

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Oh shit!

Not the same person

but the good news is they are both awesome

I seriously thought Afu Chan was just Afua Richardson's screen name on DeviantArt for some reason

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    pmif2016006-mightymen-robinson-174856.jpg
    Let me buy this as a poster please, Marvel

Admit it, you just want it so you can brofist Luke every day.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Why would Waid have prints...?

Well he was selling copies of comics for $5 for an issue he wrote that sells for $3, and I know he wrote but I really wanted sine Daredevil art from the arc he wrote signed by him.

This discussion has been closed.