As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Year 2 reached! I enjoyed the freedom that winter provided, but it's good to be back in the swing of things. Winter was pretty but it's good to see green again.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Oh cool, so there's a gift exchange on not-Christmas

"Your friend is..."
    Pierre

:confused:

get him some joja-cola

I'm torn, because I initially wasn't going to be mean, but then I remembered him appearing on my doorstep to pressure me into continued business with him. Dude, I've stepped into Joja-Mart a grand total of three times and haven't bought a thing, ease up.

Pierre is garbage. I'm still upset about how the town hall restoration ended, because his long-ass speech about how the village should join together in stopping Joja-Mart is completely undercut by the fact that they are his only competitor. Like, "Hey, lets use this grand achievement as an opportunity for me to be a completely self-serving prick."

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    If you give a Joja-Cola to Kent he tells you that they fed that to him in the prison camp he was stuck in. How did the enemy get such a large amount of Joja-Cola?

Joja-Mart sold it to them in bulk.

Joja-Mart are horrible war profiteers.

Pierre may be a small town monopolist, but at least he isn't a multi-national monster.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    If you give a Joja-Cola to Kent he tells you that they fed that to him in the prison camp he was stuck in. How did the enemy get such a large amount of Joja-Cola?

Joja-Mart sold it to them in bulk.

Joja-Mart are horrible war profiteers.

Pierre may be a small town monopolist, but at least he isn't a multi-national monster.

Everything about Kent's story is heartbreaking.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    4zshpmo6bwom.png

I named it "N/A" just in case I have to ride it across any deserts.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Pretty sweet rhino steed.

• Options
    Great. So Fake Videogame Wife makes it a federal case when I give some hippie a berry that I literally found on the ground, but doesn't say a word when Fabio the Beach-Writer buys me a drink in the bar. I think she just considers him too far out of my league to worry about. Which, well-spotted, but it seems like a serious double standard.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    He's just gonna shake you down for money when his H supply runs dry.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    He's just gonna shake you down for money when his H supply runs dry.

joke's on you

he built that shack on top of some long forgotten heroin mines

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    4zshpmo6bwom.png

I named it "N/A" just in case I have to ride it across any deserts.

It'll feel good to get out of the rain.

• Options
    Kent keeps finding bombs in his toolshed and mailing them to me as presents. Kent, my man, I appreciate the gesture, but I suspect the post office would rather you didn't.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Having ignored the Community Centre for the a good portion of year 1, it's satisfying to fill in those bundles. I'm also glad that the 'Big' upgrades to buildings are just that, upgrades, so the process of getting them is painless (wallet aside). I was also cycling through the randomiser and accidentally clicked ok, so welcome, Gremu the duck!

• Options
    Dammit. My dinosaur egg somehow fell behind the incubator where I couldn't get to it, and now I'm pretty sure it's gone. The incubator isn't shaking and it's been almost a season.

I'm going to burn this farm to the ground.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    A week ago, I wanted to play a chill game because all I'd been doing lately was shoot-em-ups or the like, so I finally caved and bought Stardew Valley. Now I've sunk so many hours into it in a short time that I'm considering uninstalling it for a bit. This motherfucker is addicting and I haven't even finished the first year yet.

• Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Dammit. My dinosaur egg somehow fell behind the incubator where I couldn't get to it, and now I'm pretty sure it's gone. The incubator isn't shaking and it's been almost a season.

I'm going to burn this farm to the ground.

Is your coop at full capacity? I don't mean to insult your intelligence here, but there needs to be an open spot before the egg will hatch. If I'm just misunderstanding your issue, sorry for the loss. They're pretty rare.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Nah. Mayo stopped being a significant part of my income, so I sold off everyone but Damien the void chicken and a rabbit. I don't think I ever had more than five animals in a deluxe coop in any case.

It's not one of those Ancient Seed scenarios where you have to donate the first one to the museum, is it?

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Nah. Mayo stopped being a significant part of my income, so I sold off everyone but Damien the void chicken and a rabbit. I don't think I ever had more than five animals in a deluxe coop in any case.

It's not one of those Ancient Seed scenarios where you have to donate the first one to the museum, is it?

No, you did the right thing by trying to hatch the first one you found. I know it's little consolation but it's possible to find multiple eggs "in the wild". It took a couple years but I found 2 on my main save.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    waypoint with the hard hidding scoops

• Options

Uhhh (I bought it off the Sunday carriage, hopefully I'm ok).

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I donated my first Dino egg. Oops.

I just jumped back on last night for the first time in a while. I completely forgot what I was doing. But I think I'm back in the swing now. Just trying to recover the farm from winter and get some crops going.

I've got two ancient seeds that for some reason, I'm not allowed to plant. I keep trying and they just keep not planting. Anybody else? I've already got like four ancient fruit plants going. Was there a limit?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    You need to turn ancient seeds which you find through mining or whatever into viable seeds for planting through the recipe that Gunther gives you, that might be it

• Options
    Hell yeah, my gold star cheese made the pot-luck the best soup ever! The only thing I'm better at than farming is avoiding innuendos in my posts.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Ok, I'm a total year late to this game, but I stumbled upon this great video today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwpAbaaw1Zg

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Gonna go ahead and dig this thread up since it just came out on Switch yesterday, so I think a lot of people have started playing it again

This game continues to be real good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Chucklefish is working on another "daily life" sim. This one will be about teenage witches.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    What are people's impressions of the game on Switch so far? I bought it on PC ages ago but never got around to actually firing it up, thinking about finally giving it a go on the switch

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    When will the jerk off schedule mod be coming to Switch?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    What are people's impressions of the game on Switch so far? I bought it on PC ages ago but never got around to actually firing it up, thinking about finally giving it a go on the switch

It doesn't seem to have any downsides that the other console versions already didn't (replacing a mouse cursor with the right stick is real clunky, saving takes a weird amount of time (like 30-40 seconds between days), but the upside is portability, which is an extremely big upside

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Chucklefish is working on another "daily life" sim. This one will be about teenage witches.

Important to note that that's not ConcernedApe, the dev. He said he's going to work on something else solo again.

captaink on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Heads up for the Switch version: you can only drop items in the environment if you're using the cursor setting. Hopefully they patch in an option.

Also Chucklefish is aware of the few bugs like the noise crackling and are working on them.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm thinking about picking this up for the switch just to have something mobile to play, should I just snag it from the store?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Yes.

I barely take my Switch anywhere but still bought it to play laying in bed.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Only thing I'm missing from the Switch version so far would be a quick sort button for your inventory.

Like a bumper instead of opening the inventory and hitting the button in there

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Is the only way to read the notification things on the right hand side of the screen using the cursor? I can't seem to find a quicker way.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Is the only way to read the notification things on the right hand side of the screen using the cursor? I can't seem to find a quicker way.

The Quest log? Minus does that.

(That's the left one, right? I honestly dunno which is Minus and which is Plus)

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    e: wrong thread

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I haven’t played since the original version was released on Steam so any new features are unknown to me. I just chose the standard farm because I was nervous about choosing one I didn’t like.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    The other four tilesets are neat, but I wouldn't ever pick the River one. Too much water cutting across.

I went with the Forest one for more foraging items. Got a morel in the first few days, and the respawning hardwood helps.

I'd think that Forest and Hills are the only good alternate ones.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I haven’t played since the original version was released on Steam so any new features are unknown to me. I just chose the standard farm because I was nervous about choosing one I didn’t like.
    The other farms are neat but I still prefer the standard one. If you play optimally enough, it's way the fuck better than the others. Still, the others (especially the forest and hills) are neat to look at and let you play more relaxed.

I can't wait for multiplayer. I adore this game so much.

This discussion has been closed.