As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    OH MY GOD I JUST PLANTED ALL MY STAR FRUIT AND FORGOT TO PUT THE QUALITY FERTILIZER DOWN FIRST AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reload the save?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I figured out last night that I'm going to miss out on unlocking the community center in year 2 because I don't have a Poppy. I think i might start a new save?

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The vendor cart in the woods sells them occasionally, maybe try there?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    The vendor cart in the woods sells them occasionally, maybe try there?

yeah, that's what I was gonna come and say. Just check the cart every day for anything that is in the same bundle. It'll show up eventually, probably.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD I JUST PLANTED ALL MY STAR FRUIT AND FORGOT TO PUT THE QUALITY FERTILIZER DOWN FIRST AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reload the save?

Oh shit yeah I forgot this game only saves when you go to bed. I'm so used to games saving every three seconds.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Emporium wrote: »
    Already mostly been covered, but I prioritize upgrading the watering can to copper as soon as I have the materials and a rainy day lined up, but I'm simultaneously prioritizing booking it down the mines to get the materials to make quality sprinklers once I have the requisite farming skill to do so (usually mid-summer 1 for me). Once I have sprinklers online the watering can is relegated to one of the last tools I upgrade, though its still useful for winter when I'm redoing my plots to plant winter seeds.
    I wish you could take a picture of your entire farm.

http://upload.farm/

......I might have just spent an embarrassingly large chunk of time searching my computer for my current save file with ever increasing frustration while literally playing my current save file on my Switch while waiting on the searches to run

My save file's location is [installdrive]:\Users\[yourusernamehere]\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\[character'snamehere]_[numbers], assuming you're on Windows 10 and installed it to the default directory it should be very similar

Emporium on
    Already mostly been covered, but I prioritize upgrading the watering can to copper as soon as I have the materials and a rainy day lined up, but I'm simultaneously prioritizing booking it down the mines to get the materials to make quality sprinklers once I have the requisite farming skill to do so (usually mid-summer 1 for me). Once I have sprinklers online the watering can is relegated to one of the last tools I upgrade, though its still useful for winter when I'm redoing my plots to plant winter seeds.

......I might have just spent an embarrassingly large chunk of time searching my computer for my current save file with ever increasing frustration while literally playing my current save file on my Switch while waiting on the searches to run

My save file's location is [installdrive]:\Users\[yourusernamehere]\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\[character'snamehere]_[numbers], assuming you're on Windows 10 and installed it to the default directory it should be very similar

psssst

They're playing on Switch

• EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

psssst

Well, the person I was replying to did say that they were searching their computer, I was simply trying to help them out to find it. Apologies if said person had already found it, I misunderstood. But thanks, I am generally aware now that most people in this thread are playing the switch version.

edited October 2017
    Delmain wrote: »

psssst

Well, the person I was replying to did say that they were searching their computer, I was simply trying to help them out to find it. Apologies if said person had already found it, I misunderstood. But thanks, I am generally aware now that most people in this thread are playing the switch version.

The end of the comment you were replying to. =P

Delmain on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’m on Fall 16 Year 1 and I’m one Animal Bundle item away from a Greenhouse. I’m going for large goat milk. I have some adult goats I just need to get lucky with one of my goats.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Story of my life.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Do Iridium Nodes actually exist in the Mines? I think I hit the bottom floor back in Summer and despite many trips to the last 10-20 floors, I’ve seen zero nodes even on lucky days. I’ve gotten a handful of Iridium Ores from geodes but not very much and I’m a ways from
    Unlocking the desert.

Ive never seen them in the regular mines. I've got them from geodes I found there but that's it. Sometimes they'll show up in the quarry, and sometimes a meteorite will drop in the farm.

Yeah you can get them randomly from shit down there, but there aren't any actual iridium deposits.

They do randomly appear in the quarry tho

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Pretty sure no they don't spawn in the mines. Or if they do it is so insanely rare that it's not worth even going to the mines looking for them.

Thanks, that’s what I figured. The other place is kinda hard to survive. Any tips?

As for my progress: Fall 23, I finished the Pantry Bundle! I am now the proud owner of a greenhouse! I started planting some trees and cranberries since I don’t have any ancient seeds yet.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    My combat technique didn't evolve much past "acquire weapon with an arc of damage", so long as you keep on your timing those weird flying fish won't be able to hit you

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Drez wrote: »
    Thanks, that’s what I figured. The other place is kinda hard to survive. Any tips?

As for my progress: Fall 23, I finished the Pantry Bundle! I am now the proud owner of a greenhouse! I started planting some trees and cranberries since I don’t have any ancient seeds yet.
    Getting the greenhouse in fall is pretty good!

My tip for Skeleton Cave is... bring lots of food. Preferably cooked meals. Get em from Gus if you have to.

Gundi wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

Getting the greenhouse in fall is pretty good!

My tip for Skeleton Cave is... bring lots of food. Preferably cooked meals. Get em from Gus if you have to.

I find sushi to be super convenient for the skeleton cave. Turn all your bad fish into sushi when you go fishing, sell the good ones, then go caving.

Also, as someone mentioned before, you want to eat that luck+speed food when you're in there and sushi doesn't overwrite it.

Well I just meant if you don't have a kitchen yet.

Which I don’t, but that’s my next purchase. Thanks, folks!

Although I turned my terrible fish into quality fertilizer, actually.

I finished the Fish Tank, too, so no more fish needed for bundles (except the Enchanter’s Bundle but I already have the fish for that one, too). Four of my main bundles for the Community Center are done - I basically just need the red cabbage and some winter foraging stuff, plus a few apples.

Well other optional objectives include trying to catch all the fish. Which is... tricky.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Quality crops bundle seems hard.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Quality crops bundle seems hard.

Eh, you can finish that in Summer. As long as you plant tons of Parsnips in Spring and use basic fertilizer for your second or third Parsnip batch, you should be fine. By the time you hit Summer, your farming skill should be high enough that you won't need to go crop-crazy with Melons and Corn. Plus Corn extends through Fall so even if you don't get the gold Corn crops by end of Summer, you have all of Fall (plus Pumpkins are a backup).

I mean, yes, RNG, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be once I restarted and planned out my farming a bit better from the start.

Basically: Chop down trees, get sap (six per tree, which means three basic fertilizer per tree chopped). Should have enough by the time you have the cash for your second Parsnip batch. From there it's not bad. Melons take a long time to grow so that one may be a bit risky, but you can get at least 2 back-to-back batches.

The real pain in the ass is the Artisan Bundle and the Animal Bundle. And maybe the Fodder Bundle since you need 3 apples for that.

I CAUGHT WILL SMITH.

I MEAN... I CAUGHT THE LEGEND. Stupid pain in the ass fish. But I sold it for like 13,000 gold so that's a nice little bonus. (Make sure you don't sell any of the legendary fish until you get level 10 fishing to maximize the money you get from them.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Basic fertilizer is amazing. It pretty much makes your crop yields 33/33/33 % on normal, silver, and gold quality. Huge boon to money made.

I'm nearing the end of Spring 2 in my game. I'll barely have enough materials to make all the fertilizer I need, so during spring I planted a ton of the tree seeds I have. Aside from chopping those when they grow, I've gone around the valley cutting down all other trees I can. I still haven't bought everything I can so I don't want to spend the money buying it from Pierre's just yet.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am making a good amount of money near the end of summer from my mayonnaise factory and whatever else grows on a given day.

I want to get a single cow or something before winter to go with my four chickens. I am planning on saving for a barn next.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I love just selling baby ducks left and right and making a over a thousand gold for each one.

• CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Hope you have two silos filled up for winter. Those animals will still need to eat when all the grass dies off.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
    I accidentally a bomb in my artisan shed and took out all my mayonnaise machines

Then didn't reload before saving

Noooo

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Hope you have two silos filled up for winter. Those animals will still need to eat when all the grass dies off.

That sounds like a problem for whoever buys the ducks, really.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited October 2017

I have 4 chickens, 1 duck, 2 cows, and 2 goats. That’s 9 hay per day. I have 1 silo full going into Winter (240 hay). Unfortunately 28 x 9 = 252. I guess I plan on adding more animals so I’ll just re-up with Marnie if I need to.

I’m a little pissed because Marnie wasn’t to be found on Winter 1 and I hadn’t bought heaters yet. Do I just need 1 heater per animal building? What’s the effect of not having a heater for 1 day?

Drez on
    I accidentally a bomb in my artisan shed and took out all my mayonnaise machines

Then didn't reload before saving

Noooo

Sorry for your misfortune but I’m sitting at a bar reading this and the bartender had to ask me why I was laughing at her all of a sudden.

edited October 2017
    She was hot so of course I explained it was over something someone said over the internet about a video game.

Gotta think on your feet when you’re in social situations like this.

But just to make sure, I offered her some mayonnaise.

Drez on
    I still am not very good at knowing people's schedules. I know there's like half a dozen who meet for exercise on Tuesdays, but like Clint just plain isn't in his shop on Fridays and I have no idea where he goes. Maybe he's punishing me because I married his crush.

I still am not very good at knowing people's schedules. I know there's like half a dozen who meet for exercise on Tuesdays, but like Clint just plain isn't in his shop on Fridays and I have no idea where he goes. Maybe he's punishing me because I married his crush.

I didn’t much bother with relationships in my first three seasons. But I agree. I ended up using a wiki a few times so I could find people and throw mayonnaise on them.

edited October 2017
    Yeah, just use the wiki. People schedules are too complicated to keep track of exactly.

edit: The best place to meet people regularly across seasons is in the bar after 6, and in Pierre's in the morning/early evening.

The worst/easiest person to try and find is probably Sebastian. He'll spend whole seasons where he spends almost all of his time in room, and if you haven't become friends with him yet... good luck.

Gundi on
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    HELLO I HAVE FREE STUFF FOR YOU PLEASE COME OUT OF YOUR ROOM/HOUSE

No? Ok. See you randomly on the street after I give up and sell all your gifts.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Woo summer year 2. Turns out I have enough money to buy the remaining upgrades I need after I got my summer seeds bought and stored.

This discussion has been closed.