As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Really the way I view the coop and barn, unless you're going for an aesthetic theme of things, you mostly want chickens and cows. You only need one or two novelties of the other animals. The milk and eggs can be made into a bunch of other valuable things on a daily basis, whereas the other animals provide you things with increasing gaps between. Then again if what you wanna do is predicated on getting a lot of those harder-to-get items then maybe you want nothing but sheep or whatever.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Really the way I view the coop and barn, unless you're going for an aesthetic theme of things, you mostly want chickens and cows. You only need one or two novelties of the other animals. The milk and eggs can be made into a bunch of other valuable things on a daily basis, whereas the other animals provide you things with increasing gaps between. Then again if what you wanna do is predicated on getting a lot of those harder-to-get items then maybe you want nothing but sheep or whatever.

I am after the platinum trophy so I need all the trophies. Which means I have to finish the damn bulletin board the hard way instead of with cash.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Why can I not just murder my rabbit to get a rabbit's foot? Otherwise I am just killing time waiting on the damn thing to drop in the skull caverns. Where does the damn rabbit foot even come from? If the poor thing loses a foot is it just hopping around in circles? Last thing I need for the bulletin board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIEqHf8KDTU

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular

I am after the platinum trophy so I need all the trophies. Which means I have to finish the damn bulletin board the hard way instead of with cash.
    What is the platinum trophy? Are these PC achievements?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

What is the platinum trophy? Are these PC achievements?

Platinum trophy is for PS4, typically given to you after you get all the other trophies.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Rabbits can drop their feet to escape danger and grow new ones, just like lizard tails.

That's why they're lucky.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Just for clarification that is a joke don't go cutting off rabbit feet.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Rabbits can drop their feet to escape danger and grow new ones, just like lizard tails.

That's why they're lucky.

This is why rabbits will only give you their feet when you have your hearts up real high. By losing their feet, they are losing their ability to escape danger, so it's a indication that they trust you to the greatest possible degree (like a dog showing you its belly).

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Gundi wrote: »

six minutes for a clarification too fucking late thanks a lot

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

six minutes for a clarification too fucking late thanks a lot

GaUBtCq.jpg

this photo of tube was taken from a security camera barely 6 minutes ago

Don't trivialize Doomguy's grief.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    edited January 2018
    Whom do I marry?!

Edit: Not Shane, Sebastian or Alex. One of the womenfolk this time?

Janson on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Marry all the women

... and send me pictures

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

For me, the real purpose of the coop (once the Community Center stuff is out of the way) is getting a herd (flock?) of dinosaurs.

I've never run the numbers on whether dinosaurs make more or less money than any of the other coop animals, and I don't care. 'Cuz they're dinosaurs.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey I heard people were talking about hurting innocent and wonderful buns in here.

You'd best leave those great fluff creatures alone or I'll come to your farm and fuck your fences up.

For me, the real purpose of the coop (once the Community Center stuff is out of the way) is getting a herd (flock?) of dinosaurs.

I've never run the numbers on whether dinosaurs make more or less money than any of the other coop animals, and I don't care. 'Cuz they're dinosaurs.

The proper collective noun is "a park." You have a park of dinosaurs.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Fun thing I just experimented with and learned: bee hives can be placed outside the farm, just like tappers. There's now a line of seven bee houses along the path leading to the bus stop. Sure, it's just wild honey and not the more lucrative flower honey, but I can make a quick batch of mead with them.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

The proper collective noun is "a park." You have a park of dinosaurs.

Shut up, I have a jurassic park?

Mayabird wrote: »
    Fun thing I just experimented with and learned: bee hives can be placed outside the farm, just like tappers. There's now a line of seven bee houses along the path leading to the bus stop. Sure, it's just wild honey and not the more lucrative flower honey, but I can make a quick batch of mead with them.

Be careful, if you build anything in the path of a villager it will be destroyed when they path through it. There is a map on the wiki with all the safe spots.

I’ve found a lot of artifacts this game but not the last dwarf scroll, the ancient seed, or the dinosaur egg.

I really hope I at least find the ancient seed soon for the shipping every item achievement...

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Whom do I marry?!

Edit: Not Shane, Sebastian or Alex. One of the womenfolk this time?
    Penny, save her from her shitty mother!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hey I heard people were talking about hurting innocent and wonderful buns in here.

You'd best leave those great fluff creatures alone or I'll come to your farm and fuck your fences up.

whoah, tube has a fancy new reaction button.

steam_sig.png
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    In my play through I saved Penny from her shitty mother and then gave said mother-in-law gallons and gallons of beer to make her like me.

Now imagine an alternate reality where Pam had won the marriage poll, and you could seduce her alongside her daughter!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

whoah, tube has a fancy new reaction button.

He's always had it. I believe it was actually a standard option when we first got reactions, and then he turned it off for everyone but himself.

Honestly, I'd probably consider it a point of distinction to have a disagree on my profile.

Okay, this is my current layout (Year 2). Have to decide what to do with the SW quadrant, currently just a mess of trees and grass.

(My greenhouse is complete, though, and has trees/long-term crops in there).
    stardewplanner.png

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    SW could be used for behives, tapped trees, etc

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    You know, it never occurred to me not to put the silos right next to the barn. But I suppose there's really no reason for that, other than to take up prime real estate.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    I definitely need more tapped trees (I have... 6) and beehives (3) - need more wood! - but hmm, I should landscape. I think grass is pretty but it makes it hard for my farmer to move around.
    Jedoc wrote: »
    You know, it never occurred to me not to put the silos right next to the barn. But I suppose there's really no reason for that, other than to take up prime real estate.

Yeah! I started putting silos in the furthest edges of my farm once I realized you have no need to ever touch them.

Other handy quality of life tips: put a tile/path/whatever under your sprinklers, and your hoe won't dig them up!

camo_sig2.png

I was disappointed by how similar the crystal tile looks to the stone tile, I wanted something more sparkly/colorful. I have crystal paths in there too, but I prefer the clean squareness of the tiles.

Also, I love void chickens' angry little eyebrows. They always make me smile.

I was disappointed by how similar the crystal tile looks to the stone tile, I wanted something more sparkly/colorful. I have crystal paths in there too, but I prefer the clean squareness of the tiles.

Also, I love void chickens' angry little eyebrows. They always make me smile.
    They remind me of the space chicken from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Okay...wait....what? How?
    SbHzkXT.jpg?2

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    It requires blood. Give it Clint. Nobody will notice. Or care.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Is that cauliflower?

GUH-ROSS.

BURN THAT TRASH WEED.

Throw it in the magma pond in the caves.

It requires blood. Give it Clint. Nobody will notice. Or care.

You can't give it Clint until he's done upgrading your tools!

Elliot, though...

camo_sig2.png

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Okay...wait....what? How?
    SbHzkXT.jpg?2

Actual answer
    This has a chance to happen for one crop each season when they're grown in a 3x3 grid.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ruldar wrote: »
    In my play through I saved Penny from her shitty mother and then gave said mother-in-law gallons and gallons of beer to make her like me.

I basically did the same with the added bonus of I would only give her the beer in the morning just before her shift at bus driving.
    Right outside the bus.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    TIL today, people really get into these villagers. I barely pay attention to them. I put in gifts and receive happiness.

Yeah, Stardew Valley is just a hanging out with people in a small town simulator for me. I farm of course, because that's what you do, but it's mostly just the means for generating birthday presents.

This discussion has been closed.