As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Wait, you can install mods on the Switch?

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »

(I think their PC is just wearing a mask)

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular

Oh. That does make more sense. I guess I'm just in a gullible mode today.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

Oh. That does make more sense. I guess I'm just in a gullible mode today.

I would LOVE mod support on the switch. I just can't justify buying it on switch till I can have automated machines and chests.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    if the next patch stardew valley patch doesn't have more farm layouts I may try out a mod layout

I like the fishing part of the river map but ugh it's honestly too much of a pain to fit things in a way that I don't hate

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I’ve yet to try the mountaintop layout but I’ve tried all the others.

The night creatures one is very meh, as people said.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    yeah, monster farm was underwhelming as fuck

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I was vaguely aware of Niko (who just turned 3) playing my game this morning but I was too sleepy to stop him.

To judge by the number of Jojamart ‘we found you incapacitated’ notes I received, he played three days. Fortunately I’m at the stage where all my crops are watered by sprinklers and all my animals are auto-fed, so no damage done there.

He had found me an artifact! And harvested some crops from my greenhouse, so that was kind of cool.

• Options
    Also listening to Anya talk about this game is the funniest.

Anya: Mom, what are you trying to do?
    Me: I’m trying to get the wizard to tell me something...
    Anya: Oh, you mean you’re trying to trigger an event?

Anya: Dad, did you get this note from Mr Qi?
    Mori: Yes I did.
    Anya: Yeah, it’s really cool. I had to check the lumber by my house and I found a card there!

Anya: This game is so realistic! I have a baby. Baby Jonathan, he’s so cute.
    Mori’s mom: Oh?
    Anya: Yeah, but he’s stuck in the corner of the room right now, silly Baby Jonathan.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Anya: Dad, did you get this note from Mr Qi?
    Mori: Yes I did.
    Anya: Yeah, it’s really cool. I had to check the lumber by my house and I found a card there!

Whoa, hey, Anya, cool it with the spoilers.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Any new word on the multiplayer patch with the submarine and stuff? It's been a while since that tweet.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Not new, but I know what's important to me

• Options
    I never ended up getting the stable

Need to prioritize next time, since I'm a dedicated forager

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    A MONTH?!?

Time to riot!!

• Options
    thank god I can stop checking my news feeds about this

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Moriveth set up my old work laptop (which my boss allowed me to keep from a previous job) with a fresh install of Windows and Stardew Valley works well on it; we’re all set up for a multiplayer game!

• Options
    you can have a proper family farm

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Except she won’t marry me!!!

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Except she won’t marry me!!!

that's why you marry her favorite first

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    But then Clint has a ghost of a chance with Emily

I guess we all have to make sacrifices

• Options
    Shane has been way more into my dude farmer

He wanted to adopt a baby the night Robin finished my house expansion, before my farmer had even had a chance to see the baby’s room! And he mentioned on 6-7 separate days how much he hoped the adoption agency would approve us

And in general his lovey-dovey dialogue has come up more often

Niko is really into me visiting the desert. Every night (I play it while I lie down with him) now he says, ‘mommy, can you go to the desert cave but you have to be weally, weally careful, you fight the monsters in the desert cave!’

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Multiplayer beta is live now:

Enter code 'jumpingjunimos' in the steam beta opt-in page.

Brolo on
  • Options
    CronoColaCronoCola Registered User regular
    I've been testing the multiplayer a bit and it seems to work pretty well so far, but I've had to make a new farmer when I join a server instead of bringing my old farmer over.

Is that Working As Intended or am I running into a bug? Has anyone been able to take their old farmer to new farms?

• Options
    I think that’s intended, yes.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    omg omg omg
    - Community updates! You can build Pam a house, etc.
    - You can TALK TO JUNIMOS ON YOUR FARM!!!
    - So many new events!

Spoiler - edit for new content!

Janson on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Most important update.

Horses are confirmed to be able to wear hats

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, multiplayer is fun.

My wife and I have been planning out our first few days on the farm, what crops we want to plant, and then splitting up chores between us.

There's something pretty amazing about being able to say: "I'm going to go to Clint's and get these geodes processed and then head up to the mines for some more copper, can you finish watering the plants and then see what the pig lady has on offer today?"

And then complaining that she snuck into my storage stash and ate all my snack bars.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I bought this game on release, but have been waiting for multiplayer before I played it. My best friend and I used to spend so many nights playing Harvest Moon on the SNES, and I am going to buy him a copy of this so we can finally play a game like this together properly.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I grew up playing games on PC (or IBM compatibles, as they were known) and so the idea of playing a video game with another human for pleasure is completely alien to me.

I'm excited about the bonus content, though.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    @Moriveth is working nights now so I have no one to play with but aaaah, I might make a new solo PC game at least to see the new features!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    New content spoiler.
    Dude I'll build Pam a house if it means Penny lives there too. In that case I won't feel as guilty not marrying Penny and getting her out of there. Hopefully it means Pam gets better as a person.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Heh, it's been a while, I forgot I had the fat pony sprites loaded

gkjr7ygfzri7.png

The hat almost fits.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    @Janson do you play stardew valley on computer

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    No, the Switch. Although we do have it for PC...

I was going to play it on Steam last night but honestly, once I sat down at the desk it felt too much like work. I’ve been using the PC to job hunt every day and just sitting at the desk starts to affect my mood as a result. Siiigh.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Even on Switch I'm usually sitting at the desk because I got the wiki up

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    If we get a switch I'm picking this up again

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    I wonder if multiplayer will be cross platform compatible
    or if we will just have to buy a second switch someday

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I would be shocked if it was multiplat.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    If we get a switch I'm picking this up again

It's an amazing game for mobile gameplay, and the controls translate reaaaally well!

I feel a little bad since I've not played any original games for the Switch yet. But I've definitely put enough hours into the few games I have for it (Skyrim, DQ Builders and Stardew Valley) that it's been a worthwhile purchase.
    Enc wrote: »
    I wonder if multiplayer will be cross platform compatible
    or if we will just have to buy a second switch someday

Everything I've seen has said there's no plans for cross-platform compatibility, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.