As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Was the Night Market added in an update? I picked up my save after not playing for quite some time and I can’t recall ever seeing that before.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I’m in Winter of year 4 and kind of running out of things to do. There’s the buildings I can buy from the wizard I guess, and I eventually want to make a deep run in the skull cavern but that’s a giant pain in the butt.

Yeah, I once made level 50 in the skull cavern and that was with a huge amount of luck! I know how to reach deep levels in theory, but it’s definitely tough.
    Was the Night Market added in an update? I picked up my save after not playing for quite some time and I can’t recall ever seeing that before.

It was! In the big multiplayer update. So were the notes.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    If you carry a rabbits foot you don’t get the negative event from dating multiple people at once.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Eh, getting deep into the Skull Cavern isn't hard, just expensive.
    Fill up most of your inventory with Stone, which you can buy from Robin. Then just craft staircases down. Dump a few hundred thousand gold on Stone, bring along some bombs, and you can easily make it out of there with a few hundred Iridium Ore.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Sassori wrote: »
    If you carry a rabbits foot you don’t get the negative event from dating multiple people at once.
    I was reading one of the bug patches the other day and it seems as if this was a bug that got fixed? I could have misread it, though!

Edit: The wiki says it still works so maybe the patch was making it work and I misread it after all!
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Fill up most of your inventory with Stone, which you can buy from Robin. Then just craft staircases down. Dump a few hundred thousand gold on Stone, bring along some bombs, and you can easily make it out of there with a few hundred Iridium Ore.
    For Mr. Qi’s Quest to meet you on level 100 of the skull cavern he apparently calls it cheating if you use stairs!

It’s only a throwaway line but it’s still a challenge to me to try and do it without!

Janson on
  • Options
    Speaking of buying materials from Robin, is there a way to say “I want to buy X amount” instead of just holding the button and watching the numbers go up as the little popping noise becomes bopopbopopopopopopop for infinity?

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I was reading one of the bug patches the other day and it seems as if this was a bug that got fixed? I could have misread it, though!

Edit: The wiki says it still works so maybe the patch was making it work and I misread it after all!
    Terrendos wrote: »
    For Mr. Qi’s Quest to meet you on level 100 of the skull cavern he apparently calls it cheating if you use stairs!

It’s only a throwaway line but it’s still a challenge to me to try and do it without!

Yeah, the thing about that is:
    How did that hypocritical motherfucker get to level 100, himself? You think he climbed down?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Speaking of buying materials from Robin, is there a way to say “I want to buy X amount” instead of just holding the button and watching the numbers go up as the little popping noise becomes bopopbopopopopopopop for infinity?

Hit Ctrl or Shift while clicking to make it go up by 5 each time so it's faster. (I forget which one exactly since I do it by muscle memory. It works in all the game shops.)

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    It's shift. Also right click moves one of an item instead of a whole stack, and shift+right click moves half the stack.

• Options
    I’m on the Switch :(

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Yeah, the thing about that is:
    How did that hypocritical motherfucker get to level 100, himself? You think he climbed down?
    Probably magic.

But it's okay to use some staircases, just not for every floor. If you end up on the all monster one you can make a staircase and skip it and Qi won't mind at all.

On a side note I am always amused by Shane's stubborn, I guess for lack of a better term rationalism. Maybe Yoba doesn't exist; we see no evidence of that particular god being about and doing things. But he tries to claim that everything is explained by science and my dude, you don't just live in a world with magic. You live in a town that has a wizard who resides in a tower. He's not a recluse; he animates skeletons for the amusement of the townsfolk for a festival every year. You can marry someone who talks to apple fairies. A witch can fly by at night. This magic isn't even just under the surface; it's right there.

Mayabird on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    That is good to know, thanks!

Edit: the other slight problem with attempting the skull cave on the Switch in particular is that combat is ever so slightly slower than on the PC. It’s not enough to ruin combat, but I was really surprised when I played on the PC and my weapon was more responsive (and no, it wasn’t just a faster weapon! Comparing like with like here) and I received far less damage.

Janson on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    This is my latest farm in Fall, Year Two; the first time I've really attempted to plan out the layout before Grandpa's visit (usually I don't plan at all, but a couple of games made it to Yr 3/4 and I began to plan those out!).

1) This looks really nice

2) Holy crap am I self-conscious about my tiny little ramshackle farm I can barely keep up with.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    This is my latest farm in Fall, Year Two; the first time I've really attempted to plan out the layout before Grandpa's visit (usually I don't plan at all, but a couple of games made it to Yr 3/4 and I began to plan those out!).

2) Holy crap am I self-conscious about my tiny little ramshackle farm I can barely keep up with.

My wife is, for lack of a better word, really good at Stardew Valley

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

The android version will be priced at $7.99 (the same as iOS). Please check the Google Play Store to see the price in your region!
    Like the iOS version, this is the full version of Stardew Valley, up to 1.3 (but not including the multiplayer functionality).

Mobile development studio The Secret Police have been hard at work on some recent updates to the Mobile version since the iOS launch, adding the following mobile-specific features:
    • Save at any time – even when you close the app!
    • Pinch-to-zoom functionality, allowing players to zoom in and zoom out to get a full view of the farm
    • New control systems including virtual joystick and invisible joystick options, ‘action / attack’ button option, improved auto-attack and Joypad adjuster tool with complete customization of your onscreen controls

Brolo on
  • Options
    That's a ridiculously good price point for what this game gives you. I have concerns about the controls, however.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

For all the time I’ve put into Stardew Valley I’d sure hope I am!

But there’s still plenty I haven’t done - like reaching deep levels in the skull mine, or catching legendary fish (fishing is my least favorite skill) or finding all the museum items (I wish the items weren’t quite as rare as they are because some of them I have literally never found across ~10 farms and 800 hours of gameplay).

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »

For all the time I’ve put into Stardew Valley I’d sure hope I am!

But there’s still plenty I haven’t done - like reaching deep levels in the skull mine, or catching legendary fish (fishing is my least favorite skill) or finding all the museum items (I wish the items weren’t quite as rare as they are because some of them I have literally never found across ~10 farms and 800 hours of gameplay).

Ah, something I can feel secure about then (I love fishing, I started my current playthrough on the river farm so I could easily just fish if I had time to kill)

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    In my first game I actually cried tears of frustration over the fishing. It did eventually click, but it was so painful at first!

• Options
    I kind of enjoy fishing as long as it isn’t one of the bullshit fish that dart all over the place.

I did so much minecrawling that I’ve got all but one of the museum artifacts and I’m pretty sure the last one is eep in the skull cavern.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    The fishing on PC gave me shooting pain after about 5 minutes of it.

• Options
    I started playing this again recently and I’m trying to complete the community center within the first year as an added challenge.

I feel like I’m focusing on money a lot more when I have a limited time.

• Options
    I started playing this again recently and I’m trying to complete the community center within the first year as an added challenge.

finishing the community centre in year 1 relies on getting a lucky caravan for Red Cabbage, since that's a required crop that doesn't show up until year 2 Summer

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

finishing the community centre in year 1 relies on getting a lucky caravan for Red Cabbage, since that's a required crop that doesn't show up until year 2 Summer

Yep! It’s not impossible, but that’s part of the issue with money.

Do I also want to buy a truffle now or am I going to be able to get an adult pig before Fall 1 is over? Will this pop up again later if I decide I need it or should I just buy it now?

• Options
    Yes, I know that struggle well!

The latest you can safely get a pig is around Fall 16, so that’s a bit more reasonable. A pig takes 10 days to mature and will produce a truffle on sunny days; holidays are always sunny, and Spirit’s Eve is on Fall 27.

• Options
    I remember one year the rush to try to get a pig with enough time to mature before winter and Marnie decided she just didn’t want to open shop that day and went for a walk.

The jerk.

• Options
    Ooh that’s right, Mondays and Tuesdays are when Marnie’s closed and so Fall 14 is probably when you’d want to buy a pig.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I remember one year the rush to try to get a pig with enough time to mature before winter and Marnie decided she just didn’t want to open shop that day and went for a walk.

The jerk.

The absolute worst days are when Marnie is obsessively watching the microwave. Like, it'll probably be a few more minutes/hours until whatever's in there is ready, so how about walking over to the counter so I can give you my money? Please?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    don't you dare badmouth Marnie, she is my best bud

• Options
    Marnie needs her fuckin' pizza rolls

• Options

Shorty wrote: »
    don't you dare badmouth Marnie, she is my best bud

she's the mayor's best "bud" too

• Options
    she's too good for him

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    thinking about modding this game if I ever get back into it

maybe learning to mod it myself because there is a lack of hoods and robes for my character to wear

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    thinking about modding this game if I ever get back into it

maybe learning to mod it myself because there is a lack of hoods and robes for my character to wear

Will you also let your horse wear them?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    I'm missing out on mods as I'm playing on the Switch.

Some of the seasonal clothes mods look nice!

• Options
    One time I caught the mayor and marnie in the bushes and I was like

You both have houses! Pick one and go there! No need to sneak around like a couple of teenagers!

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    One time I caught the mayor and marnie in the bushes and I was like

You both have houses! Pick one and go there! No need to sneak around like a couple of teenagers!

No kinkshaming

• Options
    I thought it was kinda cute that they were both being sneaky about it.

I thought it was kinda gross that I retrieved his underwear. Or that he didn't know where it was.

Or that he asked me to make him some sex lube.

• Options
    lewis sucks

• Options
    I bet Lewis tells Marnie he had a vasectomy so he doesn’t have to wear a condom

This discussion has been closed.