Options

[Love] is a feeling, [Love] is dessert, [Love] is a journey of pleasure and hurt

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    and cat date with her friends

WHAT?

Her friends got a new kitten, so we're going to meet the kitten (and they've been pestering her about when they're going to meet me)

That sounds like an amazing date idea!

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    If you're both adults about everything, dating a coworker isn't necessarily a bad idea. If one or more or you isn't an adult about everything, that's when things can go bad. Be a grown-up and you'll do fine.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    Well, it depends: what was the occasion for the cake? Was it, "Hope you have a nice day, Rhylith! :)" or was it, "Sorry about the death in your family, Rhylith! :("

It was absolutely the first one.

Okay great! This is well-trodden ground!

What you need to do is begin a several-year-long campaign of hanging around her desk, developing inside jokes and a will-they-won't-they friendship that will culminate in her attending art school out of state for several months and then you're going to propose to her in a gas station on a rainy day in season 3.

Good news we've already got the in jokes (and probably the will they won't they) covered.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    If you're both adults about everything, dating a coworker isn't necessarily a bad idea. If one or more or you isn't an adult about everything, that's when things can go bad. Be a grown-up and you'll do fine.

But oh when it goes bad it's a nightmare
    I have seen it personally and as a outsider at work I would not recommend it on what I have seen and dealt with but on the other hand if you feel like it then go ahead

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Well, it depends: what was the occasion for the cake? Was it, "Hope you have a nice day, Rhylith! :)" or was it, "Sorry about the death in your family, Rhylith! :("

What you need to do is begin a several-year-long campaign of hanging around her desk, developing inside jokes and a will-they-won't-they friendship that will culminate in her attending art school out of state for several months and then you're going to propose to her in a gas station on a rainy day in season 3.

Good news we've already got the in jokes (and probably the will they won't they) covered.

You've got it made! Hell, maybe you should be giving me this advice!

Say, you wouldn't happen to know how to say, "Hello I am from America where I make lots of money and spend it on video games, and we need to get married before April 27th so I can buy the rings duty-free" in Japanese, would you?

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    la la la la la

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

Say, you wouldn't happen to know how to say, "Hello I am from America where I make lots of money and spend it on video games, and we need to get married before April 27th so I can buy the rings duty-free" in Japanese, would you?

I could tell you how to say you're American and you've got a big dick, if that's a suitable alternative.

• Options
    It's a start! Also, how do you say, "It's Opposite Day"?

• Options
    Or maybe, "I was in the pool!!!"

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »

I could tell you how to say you're American and you've got a big dick, if that's a suitable alternative.

Funny language quirk though, if you wanted to say "hello I'm American and I think I've got a big dick", you only really need the first half of that statement.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    I'm ill.

Like a Beastie Boy? Gonna drop some sick rhymes?

Thank you for saying this; I was gonna ask if she had a license for that

• Options
    edited March 2016

こんにちは私は、私はたくさんのお金を作り、ビデオゲームにそれを使うアメリカからだ、と私は免税リングを購入することができますので、私たちは4月27日前に結婚する必要があります

chromdom on
  • Options
    I'm not getting the Beastie Boys reference guys I'm not cool enough.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I'm not getting the Beastie Boys reference guys I'm not cool enough.

The beastie boys debut album was titled Licensed to Ill

fun fact that album is now 30 years old, so anybody who remembers that album being new please be reminded how old you are now

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    They had an album called License to Ill, which was very obnoxious, and a few years later a little more mature album, Ill Communication.
    Hey, you're ill and communicating! And since one of them died, there's an opening! Liiya, Queen Beastie Boy sounds pretty good to me!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

こんにちは私は、私はたくさんのお金を作り、ビデオゲームにそれを使うアメリカからだ、と私は免税リングを購入することができますので、私たちは4月27日前に結婚する必要があります

Other than some weird grammar, and it confusing 'to make' as in 'to earn' with 'to create/manufacture', this is surprisingly accurate! Sort of!

• Options
    ohhhh

I'm not sure I'm qualified for that job, I know little of the Beastie Boys!

• Options
    My badge at work says I am vaguely qualified
    I don't care how many times they take it away from me or ask me to remove it
    I still am far better than they can ever hope to be at that shitty job

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I'm ill.

I will try to communicate with you in the correct manner for this scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmHLGd42UBY

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    An hour until I leave for my date. I guess at some point I should get ready. My hair is not cooperating today though.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    An hour until I leave for my date. I guess at some point I should get ready. My hair is not cooperating today though.

Wear some old clothes with some rips in them, smear a little blood on yourself and say you got attacked by a mountain lion on your way there.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Oh wait, you don't have mountain lions there, do you.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    It's rumored to be a run away cat from a circus or such

• Options

Exactly. Think how convincing it would be? Why would you claim that unless it was true?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »

Exactly. Think how convincing it would be? Why would you claim that unless it was true?

Of course, the old, "If they were going to lie, surely they'd have picked a good lie" gambit.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    We have foxes?

• Options
    I think a badger could rip you to shreds.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    We have foxes?

Lots of foxes in my area out in the burbs. Always fun to hear a sound like a person being murdered when you're walking home in the evening.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options

I wondered why dachshunds were bred to take on badgers
    Till I saw one. Dachshunds are the dog version of a badger.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    They had an album called License to Ill, which was very obnoxious, and a few years later a little more mature album, Ill Communication.
    Hey, you're ill and communicating! And since one of them died, there's an opening! Liiya, Queen Beastie Boy sounds pretty good to me!

FALSE!

for that libelous post, I'll steal your honey like I stole your bike.

• Options
    Nah, you're just a cheap-skate, perpetrating, money-hungry jerk, probably drinking OE and not going to work.

That kinda lost something, didn't it?

• Options
    Nah, you're just a cheap-skate, perpetrating, money-hungry jerk, probably drinking OE and not going to work.

That kinda lost something, didn't it?

Hey, guys, come on now. If you learn to love, you're in for a surprise. It could be nice to be alive.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    you all are just my type

• Options
    Walking to the date and the wind is having a fierce argument with my hair.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    good luck angelina!

Label on
  • Options
    10 minutes away. I'll update you on my way home!

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    You give that wind a good talking to

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

Say it was a Wolverine.

It's like if a badger, a cat, and a bear had an unholy chimera, and now they are coming to murder you.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Or a druid and confused about what time of year it is and what the celts really worshiped

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    A badger couldn't rip me to shreds

It's power is insufficient

This discussion has been closed.