Options

I can't click any spoilers!

Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
The 'show' button seems to have stopped appearing under chrome; there's a blue bar with the spoiler label, but no way to actually see what's in there.

Which is maddening, as I'm sure you can imagine.

I checked in firefox and they do seem to still work there

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
«1

Posts

  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2016
    test

    anyone else

    Tube on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Works for me, Chrome Version 49.0.2623.75 m.

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    sorry that was suppose to say "anyone else", rather than me being a colossally dismissive arsehole

  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I updated chrome, but that didn't seem to fix it

    I assume there's no reason such as adblock/noscript would be tripping it up, but I tried getting rid of those too

    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    clear history/reset internet/delete facebook?

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I assume there's no reason such as adblock/noscript would be tripping it up, but I tried getting rid of those too

    I don't think an adblocker will cause issues, but a script blocker will absolutely stop spoilers from working. I think I was using ScriptBlock and after clicking Allow and Trust for a few minutes to get the spoiler buttons back I gave up and just disabled it entirely.

  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Orogogus wrote: »
    I assume there's no reason such as adblock/noscript would be tripping it up, but I tried getting rid of those too

    I don't think an adblocker will cause issues, but a script blocker will absolutely stop spoilers from working. I think I was using ScriptBlock and after clicking Allow and Trust for a few minutes to get the spoiler buttons back I gave up and just disabled it entirely.

    Yup, this. Similarly, if you're running NoScript on Firefox it'll prevent spoilers from working. Just whitelist forums.penny-arcade.com and you should be golden.

    MechMantis on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'm baffled

    browser is up to date, disabled all extensions, allowed .js in all situations, still doesn't work

    they work on my chromebook! I dunno wtf is wrong with my desktop

    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    okay, I'm having a bit more of a look at this. It appears that on my desktop I'm experiencing three .js errors that don't appear in firefox or on my chromebook
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input: global.js line 72
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token illegal: discussion.js line 60
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input: jquery.tokeninput.js line 79

    for whatever reason, chrome seems to stop loading the script at those lines

    I assume this is some weird client issue, but I'm at a loss to debug it further. Gonna try reinstalling chrome I suppose

    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah, sorry man, I'm basically certain that this is on your end. I don't think there's anything we can do about it.

  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I would guess you've got a corrupted copy of those files in your cache. Have you tried clearing the cache?

    orthanc
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Did spoilers all become ellipses for everyone or just me? Because it's really hard to see the ellipses right now.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Did spoilers all become ellipses for everyone or just me? Because it's really hard to see the ellipses right now.

    It's happening to me too

  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Yup, mobile chrome, all spoilers are little ellipses boxes
    dot dot dot

    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    They don't play nice with youtube videos, either.

  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Ditto.

    Resulted in a weird bit where I thought I'd screwed up a post by overwriting my spoilers with an ellipsis, and then half a dozen people were mocking me for it.

    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    There's also no close spoiler you button. Just kinda click on the spoilery area and it closes.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Ditto.

    Resulted in a weird bit where I thought I'd screwed up a post by overwriting my spoilers with an ellipsis, and then half a dozen people were mocking me for it.

    When you say things like this you should really link to the post so everyone can enjoy mocking you jeffe :biggrin:

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It looks like Vanilla changed this without telling anyone. I'll see what I can do.

  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    would be nice if the spoiler box was marked as such, I accidentally clicked one cause I didn't know what it was

    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    No one is disputing that.

  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Ditto.

    Resulted in a weird bit where I thought I'd screwed up a post by overwriting my spoilers with an ellipsis, and then half a dozen people were mocking me for it.

    YES! I was going thru this all day, and like I couldn't figure out why even simple innocuous questions were suddenly being met with chains of ellipse disdain!

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Ditto.

    Resulted in a weird bit where I thought I'd screwed up a post by overwriting my spoilers with an ellipsis, and then half a dozen people were mocking me for it.

    YES! I was going thru this all day, and like I couldn't figure out why even simple innocuous questions were suddenly being met with chains of ellipse disdain!

    ...

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Ditto.

    Resulted in a weird bit where I thought I'd screwed up a post by overwriting my spoilers with an ellipsis, and then half a dozen people were mocking me for it.

    YES! I was going thru this all day, and like I couldn't figure out why even simple innocuous questions were suddenly being met with chains of ellipse disdain!

    ...

    Listen here

  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    ... I rather like the ellipses, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Hide button back.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Dots are on Chrome for Android as well. Tricky to tap on.

  • Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Chiming in to add spoilers are broken and unclickable for me as well, although I was willing to blame the mangled version of IE we use at work.

  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    in a related bug,

    code blocks in spoiler blocks mess up the [...] graphic, with the code block peeking out the corner:
    this is code
    

    this is what I see, for reference:
    vvuh2FJ.png

    Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Other spoiler related stuff:

    Right clicking on these spoiler tags closes them, so if, for instance, someone posted an image in a spoiler and you want to open it in a new tab or whatever, you are unable to, as the spoiler closes before the menu comes up

    Spoilers cannot be opened when you're not signed in

    Straightzi on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Other spoiler related stuff:

    Right clicking on these spoiler tags closes them, so if, for instance, someone posted an image in a spoiler and you want to open it in a new tab or whatever, you are unable to, as the spoiler closes before the menu comes up
    Isn't working that way for me. I'm on Chrome, you?

  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Other spoiler related stuff:

    Right clicking on these spoiler tags closes them, so if, for instance, someone posted an image in a spoiler and you want to open it in a new tab or whatever, you are unable to, as the spoiler closes before the menu comes up
    Isn't working that way for me. I'm on Chrome, you?

    Chrome as well

  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chrome: right click closes for me.

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    in a related bug,

    code blocks in spoiler blocks mess up the [...] graphic, with the code block peeking out the corner:
    this is code
    

    this is what I see, for reference:
    vvuh2FJ.png

    It does a similar thing if there's a youtube embed inside. You see a piece of the play icon.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Other spoiler related stuff:

    Right clicking on these spoiler tags closes them, so if, for instance, someone posted an image in a spoiler and you want to open it in a new tab or whatever, you are unable to, as the spoiler closes before the menu comes up
    Isn't working that way for me. I'm on Chrome, you?

    Chrome as well
    Hm. Maybe it's because I'm on a mac?

  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This should be fixed shortly.

  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    fwiw my issue resolved; clearing my cache didn't seem to work the first time but after reinstalling I cleared every again and that seems to have done it

    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Adding another bug to the list for eclipses spoilers, I just opened an one that contained a hot linked image in it, and on top of opening the spoiler it opened a new tab and took me to the image on the other site.

    I'm on mobile (latest IOS) if that makes a difference.

  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    We're getting rid of the new spoilers so don't need any bug reports really.

  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Other spoiler related stuff:

    Right clicking on these spoiler tags closes them, so if, for instance, someone posted an image in a spoiler and you want to open it in a new tab or whatever, you are unable to, as the spoiler closes before the menu comes up

    Spoilers cannot be opened when you're not signed in

    As an aside, something you might already know or whatever but just in case you don't, middle-clicking on a link is generally a shortcut to open in a new tab.

    forumsig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Also ctrl+click.

    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.