As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here a Kid, There a Kid, Everywhere there's a [Kids] Thread

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Oh hello, Javin! What a handsome little man you are!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    @Fishman Real talk: Would you be mad at me for pronouncing it with a Soft J, and referring to things Chronologically as "ABJ" or "After the Birth of Javin"

edit: and would you say his birth was a battle?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Got to the airport a couple of hours ago to drop my wife and kid off so they can go to Hawaii to visit family. As we are pulling into the parking garage, Ryan vomits all over himself and the car seat that my wife intended on bringing. Like, holy shit man talk about worst case travel scenario. What a time to start getting sick.

Finally got them through ticketing and security. They'll be gone for 10 days. While I will certainly appreciate the naps and free time, I'm gonna miss em.

And now I'm at my gate, some bar drinking a cold IPA. My flight leaves in a few hours. I got word earlier this week that my uncle just suddenly dropped dead. We weren't super close, but he was Navy as well. The least I could do is fly out and present the flag to his wife at the service. That, and if my dad is gonna relapse with alcohol, this would be the time for it. I can't control him, but maybe me being there will help.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I hope everyone who celebrates it had a great Easter full of eggs and chocolate and sugar rushes. My hunt for Luke this year was Hamilton themed. Here are a few of the clues...

dxpzcgr1ii32.jpg

vzssxqnu0xwr.jpg

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Kid #1 has a stomach bug on the number 2 candy holiday of the year, I feel terrible for her.

• Options
    Who's excited for day after Easter candy sales?!

BURY ME IN PEEPS

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    ulrpwj5uk3u4.jpeg

just about 6 months since the demon was born into our reality

today it plays with colored eggs

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I've acquired the favor of some baby deity, because our 4.5 month old daughter has slept through the night for over a week straight!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    The decorating has begun. The wallet weeps and the walls are now aqua for our little girl.

• Options
    @schuss is there going to be a theme, or just the paint?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Marcus is a bit colicky. Once he's asleep, he's fine. But sometimes getting him to sleep takes hours. Usually has issues at night, but also seems to do it for daddy when I'm at work.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    @schuss is there going to be a theme, or just the paint?

Just the paint. Aqua-ish with white furniture/trim and pink accents (for example, getting a neat wall decal of a cherry tree outline with pink blossoms). I say these things like I have input, where really I'm there to say ok or stand in front of the fast moving train that is my wife on a mission.

Also - felt the first kicks! She is a lively one.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've acquired the favor of some baby deity, because our 4.5 month old daughter has slept through the night for over a week straight!

I hate you so very, very much.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I know. Here is our method if anyone wants to give it a try:

After second to last feeding (~8:00pm for us), change diaper and put her in sleep sack.
    Last feeding (~11:00pm), mom feeds in nursery.
    During feeding, I brush teeth, prep for bedtime, let out dog.
    Midway through feeding, I turn off the lights.
    After finishing, we immediately transfer her to crib and turn on the sound sleeper app (ocean waves).
    Mom preps for bed while I calm her down over the next 5-20 minutes if she wakes up or fusses.
    Wake up at 7:00 fully rested and post on PA forums.

Last step is optional. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Today was my wife's first full week back at work and it was a nightmare at home. Abigail was a non-stop scream machine if I tried to sit down for even a second. Movement kept her sedated for a short while. I checked everything from diaper to hunger but nothing worked. Eventually, I had to power through the carnage and rock her to sleep.

But lo and behold once mommy gets home, everything is great. She's happily sitting on my lap as I type this out. Clearly, my daughter is either mad at me for not being mommy or the wife is giving off some baby calming pheromones that I simply can't compete with.

Well, at least the worst is over. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, Mini-Muzz just got baptised, and has also turned 4 months old!
    5utjdiku8iio.jpg

And just to prove she doesn't look that serious all the time, here's a pic with her godmother.
    m6e4n9nahz2j.jpg

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I read that wrong and thought Wow, that's a really really young grandmother!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I am considerably more concerned about my partner's mum coming to stay with us for three weeks than I am about a baby popping out in that time.

I am also aware that future mojo thinks me a damn idiot for thinking this

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Future Mojo well thank you. My mom's been here for almost two months. And still has another month. She's been invaluable.

Baby girl is just under 9lbs now. She's 6 weeks tomorrow and we're doing for her first drs visit and then get immunizations.

So of course we've been super unsettled tonight. I feel bad for wishing it but I really really hope that she gets sleepy after her shots.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Also tomorrow the cumulative arrival probability exceeds 1%

This probably deserves a cake

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    @Lindsay Lohan those are awesome, bravo!

@Mojo_Jojo I hope your fears are unfounded and that your MIL proves to be invaluable help!

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Today was my wife's first full week back at work and it was a nightmare at home. Abigail was a non-stop scream machine if I tried to sit down for even a second. Movement kept her sedated for a short while. I checked everything from diaper to hunger but nothing worked. Eventually, I had to power through the carnage and rock her to sleep.

But lo and behold once mommy gets home, everything is great. She's happily sitting on my lap as I type this out. Clearly, my daughter is either mad at me for not being mommy or the wife is giving off some baby calming pheromones that I simply can't compete with.

Well, at least the worst is over. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Have your wife wear some of your shirts. Lisa and I had the same problem with James and we're having the same issue with Kat. But when I wear a shirt that smells like Lisa, Kat seems to settle down.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I am considerably more concerned about my partner's mum coming to stay with us for three weeks than I am about a baby popping out in that time.

I am also aware that future mojo thinks me a damn idiot for thinking this
    We had my mom stay with us a few weeks after Luke was born too. My wife's mother is a bit too overbearing and takes over a bit too much, so my mom was the perfect fit to help. We still couldn't manage to keep Wife Lohan from doing too much and pulling her stitches a bit (c-section)...but to be fair I didn't realize our cat was above her "don't carry this much" limit either.

It was a lifesaver though - Luke was an easy baby for the most part, but trying to get my wife to behave with restrictions was a full time job.

• Options
    So are Parent's Rooms/bathrooms a thing in the states?

I've seen them here, but they were always behind glass doors and I never had a reason to go in before.

Until today.

oh my gosh. There's a childrens' play area for bigger kids, 2 breast feeding stations (big comfy chairs in small dressing room type things with curtains), a bench top that had dips in it to put your kid in to change them, complete with disposable changing mats, a microwave to heat up your bottle, and then the actual toilet which had mommy toilet and a kid toilet, a kid sized sink, and a little seat that you could strap your kid into so that you could go bathroom. The door handle on the bathroom door was kid level as well.

And their unisex rooms. So it can be mommys or daddys or grandparents. Just.

So very impressed.

• Options
    Some places have family restrooms, but I've never gone in one

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Similar things exist but I've never seen one that nice before!

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    So are Parent's Rooms/bathrooms a thing in the states?

I've seen them here, but they were always behind glass doors and I never had a reason to go in before.

Until today.

oh my gosh. There's a childrens' play area for bigger kids, 2 breast feeding stations (big comfy chairs in small dressing room type things with curtains), a bench top that had dips in it to put your kid in to change them, complete with disposable changing mats, a microwave to heat up your bottle, and then the actual toilet which had mommy toilet and a kid toilet, a kid sized sink, and a little seat that you could strap your kid into so that you could go bathroom. The door handle on the bathroom door was kid level as well.

And their unisex rooms. So it can be mommys or daddys or grandparents. Just.

So very impressed.

the general idea exists in Canada but nothing ever so fancy. it's usually just a larger private bathroom with a extra chair in it and a nice changing area.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    So of course I was so impressed that we took photos

http://s410.photobucket.com/user/lonelyahava/library/parents room

bonus photo of adorable baby from today

6 weeks old

d7c634ad-cb4c-4bc2-9f73-f13feeaed63b_zpshbmr4tiv.jpg

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    So of course I was so impressed that we took photos

http://s410.photobucket.com/user/lonelyahava/library/parents room

bonus photo of adorable baby from today

6 weeks old

d7c634ad-cb4c-4bc2-9f73-f13feeaed63b_zpshbmr4tiv.jpg

Kid is lookin' good!

Also that's a waaaaay nicer family room than I've ever gone into.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I've been in a few international airports with parent's rooms like that, but all airports kind of blend into one bland giftshop hell so I couldn't even tell you which hemisphere they were in, let alone which country. Although Australia is likely.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Generally speaking, "parents bathroom" can mean as little as "generic bathroom with fold-out change table" around here. Which is still a heck of a lot better than trying to change a kid on the floor / between two sinks, mind you.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Isaac, please stop:

Holding in your poop
    Refusing to sit down in the bath
    Making Trump level retractions to decisions
    Fighting me on the changing table

Please keep:
    Sleeping and going to bed like a pro
    Brushing your teeth.
    Quoting star wars.
    Whispering "I love you daddy" before drifting to sleep.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Ladies and gentlemen, the world's newest Star Wars fan

12931044_10105034331371422_2484862231772064578_n.jpg?oh=e6bd64608b899969ebdb55765eeb5ed8&oe=57838589

And yes, those are boys pajamas because girls aren't allowed to like Star Wars. Only princesses.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    So cute! Anya has a lot of 'boy' pyjamas, too.

Niko turned 1 today and we bought him a bow tie.
    e8dw9jhg.jpg

We also celebrated Anya's birthday early (she's 4 on the 20th) and made her the 'dinosaur bones surrounded by swirls' cake she asked for:
    j5azvzs1.jpg

She also received a yodeling pickle and a toy Cthulu, both of which she loves.

• Options
    Litte Miss is 7 weeks old today.

I'm just praying for her to find her thumb soon.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Pro sideeye on your boy, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of it.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Litte Miss is 7 weeks old today.

I'm just praying for her to find her thumb soon.

Four months in and mine still hasn't found hers yet. She still sucks her whole hand. Today while sitting on my lap, she leaned to the side and started sucking on my arm. That felt.... weird. She's also starting to pinch certain sensitive parts while nursing. Not sure if the teething is starting early, or she's trying to get a reaction out of me. She's entirely successful on the latter one.

• Options
    Uuuuugh the pinching!

I have gouges in my skin.

• Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    We've had a hell of a week with our three - they all had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease so have been quarantined all week, and then last night we ended up at the hospital because Arden was having some sort of allergic reaction. It turned out to be not that serious, and it's cleared up now, but it was just one of those things where we couldn't risk just putting her down to sleep when her face was all red and puffy, so a call to the on-call nurse line became a doctor's visit became a hospital visit. Fun!

• Options
    Parasite already has three wedding invitations.

I think regardless of the gender we will probably end up buying one of those hilarious tiny suits.