As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here a Kid, There a Kid, Everywhere there's a [Kids] Thread

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    We got our first real birthday invitation this week. In my son's group at daycare there are triplets, and they turn 3 on Sunday. Each of them got to invite 2 kids and apparently my son made the cut. I'm curious how that is gonna work out, it's also the first birthday party for the parents of the triplets, but they seemed confident that they can handle 9 kids who are 2-3ish (I'm sure they can't so one of my wife and me is gonna attend, too)

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    >< yeah, every toddler bday party I've been to had parents with the kids, not the kids alone.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hopefully we'll get a date for the c section today.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    @Ten I'm so sorry - what a nightmare of a week! I hope you never have to experience that again and that all the kids feel better now. :(

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Every day this week I've woken up with each of my kids in bed with me. And of course, they're not sleeping like a normal human being, but somehow they're kicking my head or wedging me off the sides, and of course I'm too tired to take them back to their rooms.

Sunday: 4-year-old
    Monday: 8-year-old
    Tuesday: 4-year-old
    Wednesday: 8-year-old

I'm starting to think the TV couch might be more comfortable in the long run.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Had some family pictures/pictures of our little one at 1 year old done.

Put in a spoiler because I didn't realize how large the images are.
    Our nearly 3 year old.
    RJO4745.jpg

The slightly over 1 year old.
    st5msp9.jpg

Silly sisters.
    fg2TDvv.jpg

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    @Ten I'm so sorry - what a nightmare of a week! I hope you never have to experience that again and that all the kids feel better now. :(

Yes, they're feeling much better now thankfully, and Erica is taking them out today which is good because she was going a bit stir-crazy in the house!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    The maturnity emergency department is the saddest place I've ever been. That's probably not surprising thinking about it.

(Parasite is fine as far as anybody can tell. There's just been an interesting lack of contractions and a broken water)

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Huh, when my wifes water broke they gave her stuff to start the contractions and we had a baby like 12 hours later.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Huh, when my wifes water broke they gave her stuff to start the contractions and we had a baby like 12 hours later.

Yeah, that is the expected outcome. We just need to have it confirmed that the water has broken but as we're in the middle of a doctor's strike because the health secretary is a cunt this is taking some time and we're all in the emergency department with people who have far more serious problems.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Somehow my 3 month old slept from a little before 10pm to a little after 7am.

I won't tell you about the the 6 hours before he fell asleep, but rest assured that I am not necessarily surprised he was that exhausted.

On the other hand, holy shit, 9 hours!

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ellie slept from midnight to 4am! then fed and slept until 630!

I'm getting very very anticipatory for that 9 hour sleep....

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My daughter is going on almost three straight weeks of sleeping through the night (11-8). There's been one night where she got up multiple times (our fault for breaking the routine) and one 6:45 awakening, but all in all, I'm not complaining.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Whelp, it was bound to happen: I am writing this from the couch. I've been evicted from my own bed and I'm too damn tired to do anything about it.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Hoping you hear something soon, @Mojo_Jojo

The rest of you, I hate you. ;P

@DisruptedCapitalist @Moriveth will sympathize with you! He was there last night. Although he may have had the better deal, our couch is big and comfy and I was the one sandwiched between two tiny heated bodies.

• Options
    There are breadcrumbs here. And a wet spot that might be milk.

• Options
    Yeah, at least we only have the one kid. He does crawl into our bed p much every night currently but we can still fit all three mostly. Just sometimes you get his butt or feet in the face or a headbutt.

• Options
    Yesterday ended up as a false alarm. Parasite is quite comfortable for the moment.

Useful practice run for the real event though

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    5/12 there will be a new member of the Quickfoot clan.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    James is not happy about taking naps lately. Today he expressed that displeasure by taking off all his clothes and peeing on his pillow.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    That isn't just a normal Saturday afternoon? Man, I've been doing it all wrong.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Coming up on 12 hours since Philo's water broke. She's just now managed to catch a few Zs between two contractions. I went back home to sleep at 6 in the morning when they told us the thing they were giving her would take about 12 hours to take effect... Well she texted me two hours later that contractions were now frequent and intense, and here we are now.

Guess that's sleep deprivation practice.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    The real day is Friday, but party today!
    dUdOOkq.jpg

Grandparents gave her a rocking Dragon. I think we're more excited than she is..
    RqxSxTl.jpg

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    5/12 there will be a new member of the Quickfoot clan.

Surely the odds are better than that

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    *beep beep* out of my way, I don't know how to drive this thing yet!

12983283_10105049311361402_2301989669573191581_o.jpg

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Coming up on 12 hours since Philo's water broke. She's just now managed to catch a few Zs between two contractions. I went back home to sleep at 6 in the morning when they told us the thing they were giving her would take about 12 hours to take effect... Well she texted me two hours later that contractions were now frequent and intense, and here we are now.

One of the fun things about sleep deprivation is that it doesn't matter how much you experience it, it still feels just as bad every time.

Maybe with a bit of added weary resignation.

• Options
    Well I'm now looking at my son Arthur sleeping across the room all bundled up

It is every feeling.

what am sleep

sig.gif
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Congratulations!

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

One of the fun things about sleep deprivation is that it doesn't matter how much you experience it, it still feels just as bad every time.

Maybe with a bit of added weary resignation.

After about 2 days I get used to it and can function on 5 hours, provided I get one 8 hour stretch a week. I was an insomniac for many years though, so a lot of prep.
    My wife is less tolerant, so hopefully #2 will sleep ok. Our toddler (19 months or so) currently sleeps from 6:30 PM to 6:30-7 AM, so we're living the dream right now.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    KS6BEjC.jpg

Right before we installed the Babelfish, no awkward language-learning phase now. What a time we live in.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    What's an 8 hour stretch?

@SimBen what a cutie! Congratulations!!!

Janson on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    BEEP BEEP, I'M FARMING HERE
    7069xg44csj8.jpg

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    So, Marcus is being a bit colicky. He apparently screams for daddy all Monday long when I'm at work. ><

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    BEEP BEEP, I'M FARMING HERE
    7069xg44csj8.jpg

Old school Farm Simulator

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Girls are doing a race series for little kids, it's way cute.

63Cl5kE.jpg

Peen on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ellie is so much more awake this last week.

and I don't mean physically, although she is that too.

But mentally as well. She will lay on the changing table (her favourite place in the world) and we'll talk to each other. She's vocalizing so much more now, working to get the smallest but cutest little sounds out. She still moves her limbs at a mile a minute. I honestly want to put a fitbit or something similar on her and see just how much she actually moves/walks with all her thrashing. She moved a lot in utero but this is just nuts. She is constantly trying to go somewhere.

Of course this also all means that she just does not want to sleep. can't sleep, I'll miss something. her daytime sleeps have gone from being every 2 hours with maybe 45 minutes awake time between to 45 minutes (maybe!) followed by awake time and screaming and crying cause I needs to see everything, Mommy! I needs to be awake!

But she is just absolutely amazing. I could sit and watch and play with her all the time.

Except when she's inconsolable.

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Pediatrician visit!

Babby may have minor hip dysplesia, though they're basing that on her legs looking unevenly long for about two seconds in the middle of the appointment and not actually anything concrete. Wife is, of course, worried, but if it's happening it's super minor and not really something serious.

Still at the top of the height charts. Just under the midway point of the weight charts, which the doctor told us not to worry about because it fluctuates a lot around this time.

She's eating all sorts of solids now, though!

Mmm, peas.

CferDplWcAAuEZW.jpg

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Well Arthur is being almost freakishly angelic so far. I think he hasn't cried in like 6 hours now. All he does is sleep until he does something adorable. He really seems to enjoy voices, he always turns towards them and tries to open his eyes but oops, light is hard!

Especially mommy. Especially when she laughs. He zeroes in on her laugh, it's the sweetest thing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So those red cheeks you saw on Jaina from yesterday were the precursor to awful times. She was up most of the night, and I just thought she was being a baby asshole. Until we checked her temp and she was over 100.
    Finally got her to sleep after 4am, got up at 8, gave her more motrin around 1030 and a nap. Then her temp shot up to almost 103 and she wouldn't keep anything down. Ugh!
    Her fever is finally back down to just over 100, and she kept down some formula, cheese, and Pedialyte. But man.. Not a great day.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Parasite finally arrived through one of the worst nights of my life.

Somehow the baby was in breech despite regular checks by mid wives and doctors over the two weeks before. It was only discovered after six hours of labour when the waters went to reveal the horrors of meconium.

We ended up with a risky cesarian that miraculously seems to have gone just fine but was looking... Well fairly awful

Lots of this may be to do with the fact that the the baby is really big. Which is now a much more positive thing.