As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here a Kid, There a Kid, Everywhere there's a [Kids] Thread

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    SO MANY CUTE BAABIES!!!!

also
    Earlier tonight when the Wife was putting the kiddo to bed I was tasked with getting the baby ready for bed so shes hanging out in her playpen and I'm on the floor looking for her pacifier (soozie) so I say "Adina where is your soozie" I'm not actually addressing her just thinking out loud and she says to me in cute baby talk "I nno" clearly trying to say "I don't know" and I tell you it was the most adorable thing in the world.

The last month or so she has started doing so many new things its just so awesome.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Somebody decided that sleep was for the weak. She's been awake since 3am

it's now almost 9am.

this is gonna be a long day

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Potty training - end of day 1
    We are alive. The pee has largely been controlled. Spirits are high. I fear we will be surprised tomorrow.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    My little one is four, send help.

cLwWcd8l.jpg

Also there has never been a picture that more perfectly summarized my kids:
    XAvRlEMl.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Peen your kids are the best.

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Audrey is communicating. Not a lot, she doesn't have a huge vocabulary (about 20 words) but she uses them to tell us exactly what she wants at any time.

She's also using her baby sign language to tell me that, no, she -hasn't- watched enough Disney music videos, daddy.

Unfortunately we're going through another bout of teething hell, which makes nighttime an adventure. One night she'll sleep straight from 7:30-7:30, and the next she's up every hour. Last night she was up a lot, but not making noise, just playing quietly in her crib. That was when we were awake, which makes me wonder what she was up to when we were asleep. We took her to brunch with grandpa and grandma, and the staff singing happy birthday to the table next to us just set her off.

PARENTING!

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    We had our first transition visit at daycare this morning.

Got there just in time for morning snack. Which Ellie took part in. She sat by my feet for all of five minutes and then went off to play.

She's exploring the room and the other babies and I'm just sitting in a corner watching her and fighting tears.

It's the oddest thing to feel irrelevant.

But I'm less worried about her at daycare. I'm more worried about me.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I dunno how she did it but my niece had a dirty diaper, but a good part of the mess was up her back. Totally ruined one of her cute outfits. She's been very uncooperative on the changing table too, turning over and spinning around pretty fast for a baby. So of course when I'm trying to clean her she gets the mess on it, and then turns over into it. May as well resort to a bath at this point.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I was at my dear friend's house last night, and his sister and him ran out and left me watching the twin babies

which, like, awesome, I love these little goofs

they both pooped at the same time, no it wasn't even poop it was a massacre
    and I had to akimbo wield some diapers and wipes and such, while singing a nonsense song to keep them from moving

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I dunno how she did it but my niece had a dirty diaper, but a good part of the mess was up her back. Totally ruined one of her cute outfits. She's been very uncooperative on the changing table too, turning over and spinning around pretty fast for a baby. So of course when I'm trying to clean her she gets the mess on it, and then turns over into it. May as well resort to a bath at this point.

My Mum tells me I did that once. At a friends house. During lunch.
    Poop up my back, out both leg holes, and all over the high chair.
    They didn't even bother unclipping me, just carried the high chair outside with me in it and started hosing me down, all the while the guy whose house they were at was laughing so much he was choking.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Yeah we call that a blow out in our house. It's a foul foul thing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I get at least one of those every other day with my daughter. Pretty sure she has a cannon back there.we've taken to calling her princess thunderbottom.
    Potty training day 3- kill me. He's doing well, we're exhausted.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Owen shits up his back on the reg though it's settled down now that he eats more solid food.

Changing his diaper is like wrestling a greased pig on meth though.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Owen shits up his back on the reg though it's settled down now that he eats more solid food.

Just out of curiosity, is it you or the pig that's on meth in that picture?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

Just out of curiosity, is it you or the pig that's on meth in that picture?

Yes.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

Think of it as a physics problem. Poop comes out at an extreme velocity and then hits a solid surface and just bounces. You know those bouts of explosive diarrhea you suffer from not eating well? Imagine that while sitting on a closed toilet lid. My beloved spouse and I learned this lesson at the exact same time we learned the car seat did not have a removable seat cover. Learn from our mistakes.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Our car seats had removable seat covers, thank goodness. But they were a little frustrating to take off and a huge pain to put back on. I hadn't really thought about it before, but for new parents buying car seats for the first time: go somewhere you can actually try removing and reattaching the seat cover, and find one you're comfortable with. Most of the time you'll never need to, but when you hit a stretch where you need to wash the seat cover 3 times in less than a week or two you'll be glad you did.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Oh lord, I never even though of a baby rocket pooping out of their clothes into the car seat. And now that I'm aware of that as a thing, you know it's going to happen with this new baby.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Puking and spilled milk were much bigger problems for us in the car seats. I think we only ever had one poop related cleaning between both kids.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

Think of it as a physics problem. Poop comes out at an extreme velocity and then hits a solid surface and just bounces. You know those bouts of explosive diarrhea you suffer from not eating well? Imagine that while sitting on a closed toilet lid. My beloved spouse and I learned this lesson at the exact same time we learned the car seat did not have a removable seat cover. Learn from our mistakes.
    Is there a way to stop her from pooping forever?

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

No, but there are several ways you can increase the frequency and force of her pooping. For example, the daycare could get a bit of a rotating staff who are never told that your child doesn't deal well with apple juice. In fact it cause violent, horrific, nightmare inducing amounts of shit to cover everything in your life. Your child may have learned to ask for juice though, and just never connects the upset stomach to the juice. This would hypothetically be absolutely terrible if you enjoy having your car smell like something that isn't baby poop since she would always seem to get one last glass for the road right before you show up.

• Options
    The new shoes Morgan, my 7 year old, picked off of Amazon.

20170327_183306_zpscjwmsqld.jpg

They came in the mail today and when I got home from work he ran out with one to show me and proclaimed,

"These babies are sick."

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Buying shoes online (without trying them on) seems like a doomed effort, especially for kids and their fast growth feet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

No, but there are several ways you can increase the frequency and force of her pooping. For example, the daycare could get a bit of a rotating staff who are never told that your child doesn't deal well with apple juice. In fact it cause violent, horrific, nightmare inducing amounts of shit to cover everything in your life. Your child may have learned to ask for juice though, and just never connects the upset stomach to the juice. This would hypothetically be absolutely terrible if you enjoy having your car smell like something that isn't baby poop since she would always seem to get one last glass for the road right before you show up.

I've noticed two things about Apple Juice when my daughter has it:

1) It helps her get more regular, which is great when she hasn't poo'd in a while.
    2) Too much gives her a rash, probably from the acidic nature of it.

So I usually give her Apple Juice once a day, but only around 4oz or so. Anything more than 6-8 I've noticed causes the breakout. And watching her cringe in pain while cleaning her is unbearable.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    You just buy them too big. Then they either fit or they will grow into them.

Plus Amazon has an awesome return policy.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    The new shoes Morgan, my 7 year old, picked off of Amazon.

20170327_183306_zpscjwmsqld.jpg

They came in the mail today and when I got home from work he ran out with one to show me and proclaimed,

"These babies are sick."

your kid is a pretty cool guy

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Oh man... They light up in all different colors

20170327_192308_zpsibkfwfnx.jpg

Those babies are sick

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    You said Amazon?

Do they come in a 15? Asking for a friend.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    You said Amazon?

Do they come in a 15? Asking for a friend.

I'm absolutely looking into buying a pair.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Those babies definitely are sick. =)

My 3 year old daughter has that same style shoe, except instead of gold they are purple and white and have Rapunzel on them.

She calls them her punzel high tops.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Abigail has found it fun to pull up/off the baby proofing strips on the table. Any recommendations for good double-sided tape that won't leave gunk when removed? Amazon has 3M, which is great, but I can't find any that isn't industrial/permanent strength.

Derp, nevermind. I just found several sheets of the stuff that came with the strips. Forgot I put into storage.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Just received the UPS package with my nephew's birthday present in it. And now to keep it hidden for a month and a half. I had to seize the moment, it was too perfect. We'll get pictures up the day of the big day.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    That kid just got his birthday present from us (a Huffy Lightning McQueen scooter and protective gear) tonight, and my parents are going to get theirs for him (a play tent) as soon as we can be decisive about what he wants and will fit in our space. He is getting those things so soon because shortly after his birthday it will start getting too hot to be outside for long periods of time to do activities like that, and he needs his own space ASAP because he currently has literally none. I'm guessing the tent will end up being in the next couple weeks.

So it is a really good thing that he will have something awesome on his actual birthday (May).. he's getting to the age where other kids in his class are getting thrown these huge parties that on their own literally cost more than all three gifts, on top of whatever they're given.. we can't afford anything close to that. We're rapidly approaching the stage where he's going to notice that he doesn't get the kind of stuff the other kids do, and that's a little terrifying to me.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    A friend is pregnant with her second kid and apparently struggling to communicate the impending sibling to her eldest.

The current state of affairs is her three year old informing her mummy that she's being silly as it's the toddler with a baby inside her. A baby called Anabelle. Check mate mummy.

But does anybody have any resources for communicating pregnancy to toddlers?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    So...
    Opinions on scooters? My daughter's friends have them, but my husband is very against. I'd really like to get her one for the summer, but I'm not sure how to convince my husband. Unless they really are the worst...

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Only thing I know about scooters is Razor was the hot shit back in college. Fifteen years ago. Are they still around?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ceres wrote: »
    That kid just got his birthday present from us (a Huffy Lightning McQueen scooter and protective gear) tonight, and my parents are going to get theirs for him (a play tent) as soon as we can be decisive about what he wants and will fit in our space. He is getting those things so soon because shortly after his birthday it will start getting too hot to be outside for long periods of time to do activities like that, and he needs his own space ASAP because he currently has literally none. I'm guessing the tent will end up being in the next couple weeks.

So it is a really good thing that he will have something awesome on his actual birthday (May).. he's getting to the age where other kids in his class are getting thrown these huge parties that on their own literally cost more than all three gifts, on top of whatever they're given.. we can't afford anything close to that. We're rapidly approaching the stage where he's going to notice that he doesn't get the kind of stuff the other kids do, and that's a little terrifying to me.

You can have a lot of fun with very little money. My most memorable birthday parties were scavenger hunts and other stuff around our property that involved, at most, some rope, a rubber snake, some pumpkins and old shirts (to make ghosts coming out of the ground). IME kids remember time and attention, not pure dollars spent. There will be some kids that point out some stuff like that, but kids generally care more about the experience they had vs. how much admission cost as they ain't the ones paying.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

You can have a lot of fun with very little money. My most memorable birthday parties were scavenger hunts and other stuff around our property that involved, at most, some rope, a rubber snake, some pumpkins and old shirts (to make ghosts coming out of the ground). IME kids remember time and attention, not pure dollars spent. There will be some kids that point out some stuff like that, but kids generally care more about the experience they had vs. how much admission cost as they ain't the ones paying.

Yeah the kiddo went to 3 parties

Build a Bear
    Bowling
    Trampoline park.

We researched all three and we couldnt afford any of those ourselves if we wanted. We did a decorate your own cupcake party, had some classic party games and then the kids sat down and all played minecraft together.

Big parties are nice I guess but really they will care more about having fun with their friends.

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    schuss wrote: »

Yeah the kiddo went to 3 parties

Build a Bear
    Bowling
    Trampoline park.

We researched all three and we couldnt afford any of those ourselves if we wanted. We did a decorate your own cupcake party, had some classic party games and then the kids sat down and all played minecraft together.

Big parties are nice I guess but really they will care more about having fun with their friends.

We dropped lucky in that ours has his birthday in September, so is the first of the rest of his class. We set the bar.

Last year we had a party in the back garden that just consisted of a bunch of his outdoor toys for kids to play on, pass the parcel and a finger buffet. We'll do the same again this year, just in our new house.

Meanwhile every other birthday party he's been invited to this year has rented out an entire soft play centre and provided a catered dinner.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Owen managed to just randomly faceplant into the floor this morning and cut his lip on his teeth.

I have no idea how he managed to pull this off.