Options

Podcast Thread Podcast Memorial Podcast thread

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Via the beastcast, think it's kind of weird that NMS won't have gas giants and stuff.

Like, I get you can't explore them physically, via getting out of the ship. But it would have still been rad to find gas giants, maybe with rings and just fly near them, maybe they could have had you be able to get stuff out of their rings, or skim their surface for some kinda gas resource, or land on their moons, or something.

I dunno, just strikes me as a bummer cause gas giants be cool yo.

I agree, it would have been nice for aesthetics, but I would imagine it was a practical decision. They probably didn't want the environmental generator to waste time and engine power creating content that won't significantly benefit the game.

Well what benefits a game is very subjective. My favorite thing to do in Elite Dangerous is fly around space, find weird planets and space anomalies and scope them out. I don't even have the expansion that lets me land on planets. So for me knowing there is a lower amount of diversity in the astronomical bodies you will encounter is a bummer. For other people this is going to be a total non-factor though.

It's not really though. Because they're the ones making the game, and they have pretty clear intentions about what the game is going to be doing. Like what you want is cool but it's very much not what they want the game to be.

Well, yes?

Sometimes what a person wants out of a game and what a developer wants out of a game are different things. That doesn't make either want somehow wrong.

I am not sure what your point is here.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Austin Walker

Because you retweeted this

I am now in your debt

you are a Good Person

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    VINNYVANIA IS BACK

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    RONDO OF BLOOD!

EDIT: Japanese version it sounds like. I heard there's an english translation on Virtual Console, is that true?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Via the beastcast, think it's kind of weird that NMS won't have gas giants and stuff.

Like, I get you can't explore them physically, via getting out of the ship. But it would have still been rad to find gas giants, maybe with rings and just fly near them, maybe they could have had you be able to get stuff out of their rings, or skim their surface for some kinda gas resource, or land on their moons, or something.

I dunno, just strikes me as a bummer cause gas giants be cool yo.

I agree, it would have been nice for aesthetics, but I would imagine it was a practical decision. They probably didn't want the environmental generator to waste time and engine power creating content that won't significantly benefit the game.

Well what benefits a game is very subjective. My favorite thing to do in Elite Dangerous is fly around space, find weird planets and space anomalies and scope them out. I don't even have the expansion that lets me land on planets. So for me knowing there is a lower amount of diversity in the astronomical bodies you will encounter is a bummer. For other people this is going to be a total non-factor though.

It's not really though. Because they're the ones making the game, and they have pretty clear intentions about what the game is going to be doing. Like what you want is cool but it's very much not what they want the game to be.

Well, yes?

Sometimes what a person wants out of a game and what a developer wants out of a game are different things. That doesn't make either want somehow wrong.

I am not sure what your point is here.

I was saying that I imagine the reason they chose not to include the feature was that it didn't align with their vision of what the game was going to be.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i don't watch vinnyvania but has there ever been any mention as to why it's vinnyvania and not castlevinnya

granted, vinnyvania is definitely much more fun to say, but less efficient portmanteaus just make me feel like they're leavin meat on the bone

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    After the explosion of MaxFun bonus content last night, I'm absolutely drowning in podcasts this weekend.

Should make packing the house up a little easier.

• Options
    Vinny shaved way down

Lookin good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    i don't watch vinnyvania but has there ever been any mention as to why it's vinnyvania and not castlevinnya

granted, vinnyvania is definitely much more fun to say, but less efficient portmanteaus just make me feel like they're leavin meat on the bone

they actually did talk about it!

it's because the naming convention they use is [Feature Name]: [Game Name]

so if it they went with CastleVinnya, the video would be named CastleVinnya: Castlevania, and they didn't like the way that looked

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

They explained this at one point

I think it was because it just sounded too similar when spoken aloud? And then you'd lose the alliterative aspect

But make no mistake, Vinny suggested it

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    RONDO OF BLOOD!

EDIT: Japanese version it sounds like. I heard there's an english translation on Virtual Console, is that true?

I THINK they just straight up plopped the Japanese TG16 version on the VC without translating it.

But there's really minimal text in that game AFAIK so it shouldn't be a problem.

sig.gif
  • Options
    "I think the audio's broken... You don't hear that? It's backwards!"

"no, it's german"

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    RONDO OF BLOOD!

I THINK they just straight up plopped the Japanese TG16 version on the VC without translating it.

But there's really minimal text in that game AFAIK so it shouldn't be a problem.

They're using the virtual console one, he's got a Classic Controller

• Options
    The PSP remake of Rondo, Dracula X Chronicles, is real good.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Alex Navarro 2016: "Death should be free"

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Alex Navarro 2016: "Death should be free"

I agree. Abolish the Death Tax.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Man, it's such a cheat that we never got the best pre-SOTN Castlevania until the Wii VC. That game is so good.

And instead we got a terrible SNES port.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

they actually did talk about it!

it's because the naming convention they use is [Feature Name]: [Game Name]

so if it they went with CastleVinnya, the video would be named CastleVinnya: Castlevania, and they didn't like the way that looked
    Olivaw wrote: »

They explained this at one point

I think it was because it just sounded too similar when spoken aloud? And then you'd lose the alliterative aspect

But make no mistake, Vinny suggested it

fine answers, fine answers the both of ya

i was figuring it must have come up

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    vinnyvania is again doing that thing where it makes me want to play the game they're playing

I feel like that's going to be harder to do this time

• Options
    Wow, the TTVK in this one is pretty low.

sig.gif
  • Options
    vinnyvania is again doing that thing where it makes me want to play the game they're playing

It's downloadable if you have a Wii or Wii U.

You'll need at least a Wiimote if you just have a Wii U though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

You could play through SOTN with the Richter code

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

It's downloadable if you have a Wii or Wii U.

You'll need at least a Wiimote if you just have a Wii U though.

I do have a wiiu but it's in storage atm...

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    After this week's CG I I'm very happy polygon hired Simone rochefort

• Options
    Also if you have a PSP or Vita the remake of it, which also includes SOTN, is probably downloadable on the PSN store.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    My wife has greeted me twice by saying "Your mom went", giving me a heart attack each time.

What she means to say is "she pooped, we need to get her cleaned up".

This is a picture of my wife:
    200_s.gif

No I don't.
  • Options
    castlevania just gotta anime as fuck

• Options
    After this week's CG I I'm very happy polygon hired Simone rochefort

She was delightful and had good chemistry with the both of them.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    simone rochefort is a delight

• Options
    God I love that someone came up with and made Ultimate Chicken Horse. Kind of tempted to buy it for the all TWA crew.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm really surprised how much they changed about Ultimate Chicken Horse since the last time they played it

And basically every single change makes it a much better game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Does Chicken Horse have online multiplayer? The Steam tags only point out local coop.

• Options
    Chicken coop.

hehehehehehhhh

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    God

Dammit

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Does Chicken Horse have online multiplayer? The Steam tags only point out local coop.

Online goes into beta very soon

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    ok, actual bad opinion now

castlevania music?

not that great

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Eh

it has some really goddamn good tracks

and some that are pretty forgettable

Vampire Killer really brings the average up super high, though

This discussion has been closed.