Options

[Fire Emblem] Fates - The best FE character is now recruitable... for a price

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I gotta pair everyone in a way that crosses national borders and I'm struggling to think of anyone I could pair corrin with if I made them female

Because corrin should marry someone who's neutral and if they're a dude then mozu is the he obvious choice, or maybe scarlet

But lady corrin has uh

Shura

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I still have no idea who I'm going to pair my female avatar with.

Kaze had a weak A-rank after a promising start (nothing kills the mood quicker than "I will swear fealty to you forever, my liege"), Silas is... okay, I guess, Laslow is taken otherwise I'd probably go with him (their B support is really good!), Niles and Jakob are terrible, Benny and Arthur are amusing, but come on, really? and Keaton is a literal garbage person.

Looks like I'm going to have to fuck my brother, oh well, no other choice really.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm going dude Corrin and I'm just gonna marry him to Azura again.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I still have no idea who I'm going to pair my female avatar with.

Kaze had a weak A-rank after a promising start (nothing kills the mood quicker than "I will swear fealty to you forever, my liege"), Silas is... okay, I guess, Laslow is taken otherwise I'd probably go with him (their B support is really good!), Niles and Jakob are terrible, Benny and Arthur are amusing, but come on, really? and Keaton is a literal garbage person.

Looks like I'm going to have to fuck my brother, oh well, no other choice really.

Yeah Silas is super sweet and super boring. But he does say very nice things in my castle.

Hisame continues to be awesome, pickles for life indeed, dude.

Also if it wasn't so weird to marry the kids (because it's weirder than in Awakening, come on, you got to see the kids as babies! And they're not from an alternate universe!), some of the male kids have kind of sweet crushes on female Corrin.

Anyway, if I were to judge my fave characters by who I've leveled up the most (usually a good indication of whose supports I've been most interested in), Hisame and Kiragi would be up there with Takumi which is... interesting.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I would create a female Corrin and marry Silas just so I could say Sophie was my daughter.

Plus, the Kana/Sophie sibling support line has to be the most precious thing ever.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I would create a female Corrin and marry Silas just so I could say Sophie was my daughter.

Plus, the Kana/Sophie sibling support line has to be the most precious thing ever.

This is the only thing that's pushing me towards Silas right now, I accidentally saw a picture of Sophie and d'awww isn't she adorable and wouldn't she look so nice with my Corrin's hair color?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Speaking of marriage; do I really have to marry Flora to get all of the kids in Conquest?

Do I have to?

Do I?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Speaking of marriage; do I really have to marry Flora to get all of the kids in Conquest?

Do I have to?

Do I?

You could also wait for the DLC to marry Anna.

Or marry a kid.

But otherwise, yes.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Do I have to?

Do I?

You could also wait for the DLC to marry Anna.

Or marry a kid.

But otherwise, yes.

I'd marry Sophie if there was any chance I wouldn't feel like a huge creep afterwards.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Sophie does work well as Corrin's daughter.

I should add Dwyer's supports (at least in Birthright) are fucking awesome, he's just been sloooow to level up in my game.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

Do I have to?

Do I?

what's wrong with marrying Flora

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Orphane wrote: »

Do I have to?

Do I?

well I'm playing birthright so
    mostly what's wrong is that I'd prefer a woman with a less ashy complexion

• Options

Do I have to?

Do I?

well I'm playing birthright so
    mostly what's wrong is that I'd prefer a woman with a less ashy complexion

*removes glove, hurls it at Geebs' feet*

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    You know what really gets to me about the kids? I mean, aside from all the obvious?

Siegbert's supports go on about how he's the crown prince, he's gonna be king, blah blah blah. Only he's about the same age as his uncle Leo. He's not going to have a reign, odds are, because he'll be dead earlier than his father (accounting for twerpiness taking an average of five-to-seven years off the life expectancy.)

It's not like Lucina, who talks about royal duties because she was the absolute monarch of all that remained of the human race. It's basically a ceremonial title so that, if his dad trips and breaks his neck, the title won't go to Camilla or Leo. Probably.

Really, Seigbert adds a lot of unnecessary complication to the whole succession situation.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Birthright Chapter 25
    Boy they really like the whole JUMP IN FRONT OF THE SWORD AT THE LAST SECOND TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF FOR YOUR LOOOOVE thing huh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Do I have to?

Do I?

She's just...

Really. Really. Really intense.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Chapter 12 conquest

After like seven fantastic +5 level ups

I lost on the last turn due to carelessness

*screams into pillow*

edit: I meant Chapter 10 Conquest; the rage caused me to bump up two more chapters in my head

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    ZcP1rFx.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    So fates comes to europe in may... why are you so cruel nintendo ?

• Options
    edited March 2016

Do I have to?

Do I?

She's just...

what's wrong with marrying Flora.

Orphane on
  • Options

Do I have to?

Do I?

She's just...

She tried to kill me!

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Almost all the way through Conquest now. Just have to make it through the last chapter.
    I hate infinite reinforcements. I was getting close to the boss, but I forgot to trigger a Dragon Vein, and taking ~20 damage put an end to that. Guess it's finally time to bust out the staves and cheese my way through enemies.

• Options

Do I have to?

Do I?

She's just...

She tried to kill me!

pffff, like that's ever stopped anyone in anime

SilverWind wrote: »
    Chapter 12 conquest

After like seven fantastic +5 level ups

I lost on the last turn due to carelessness

*screams into pillow*

there, there

*pat pat*

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

Do I have to?

Do I?

She's just...

Playing through birthright the chapters with flora basically went
    *flora does something*
    me - "god dammit flora"
    *flora does something else*
    me - God DAMMIT flora

She better make it up to me in conque- woops no, she does almost the same exact thing in this story path too. God dammit flora.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Did I mess something up because I feel like if flora was joining my army she would have by now

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Did I mess something up because I feel like if flora was joining my army she would have by now
    She's like izuna, she shows up in conquest after you upgrade a particular building to max

• Options
    Finished up Birthright

Eh

Not terrible but really bog standard

Conquest is already better because Arthur and Effie are doooope

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    In Conquest the earliest Flora can join is Ch. 18 iirc, since that's when you can upgrade the Fire Orb to level 3.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Regarding Conquest Chapter 12, for people having trouble with it
    I don't think you need to escape with everyone

You pretty much only need to get one person out; so long as you can beat Ryoma and get one person onto that tile, you win

There's a later chapter that requires you to get everyone out but it's not for a while

....Also make sure that your Avatar has boosted defense and their Dragonstone equipped when they get close to Ryoma, because that person with the stave will target them specifically

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Conquest 12
    If you can get Niles, Kaze or Felicia within range of the pots around Ryoma, you can just break the ones blocking one of the exit tiles and bolt.

Which is what I'd recommend, since Ryoma will just massacre people given the opportunity.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Welp I finished Birthright. I had no idea I was so close to the end. Awakening's story definitely felt more epic by comparison.

Now there is going to be a big fire emblem-shaped hole in my heart (although maybe I'll get a few earlyish nights now).

The endings were definitely more generic than awakening, too, at least in terms of any marriages - I didn't see any wording that would have been affected by different pairings.

And so many unanswered questions!

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    Welp I finished Birthright. I had no idea I was so close to the end. Awakening's story definitely felt more epic by comparison.

Now there is going to be a big fire emblem-shaped hole in my heart (although maybe I'll get a few earlyish nights now).

The endings were definitely more generic than awakening, too, at least in terms of any marriages - I didn't see any wording that would have been affected by different pairings.

And so many unanswered questions!
    Revelations goes on sale soon if you haven't played that yet! It should have the "real" ending which will probably be a big more satisfying.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yes! I think I'll be playing Revelations.

I did like the ending from the Hoshidan side, though. Pretty satisfying! Especially the part where
    they all cry and Leo teases them, and where even Takumi cries after thinking of Azura (which was appropriate in my game as I had married them together).

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Got up to the Flora stuff in Birthright and oh hey i see what you're all saying and now I'm probably not gonna marry her to Corrin in my Conquest game.

Guess Conquest Corrin is gonna have to marry one of the kids now.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Chapter 12 is beat the boss OR escape. Either will do.

As a bonus objective fiend I went for the kill but it was... scary at times.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I think my Birthright run is actually going to end up with my Corrin as a bachelorette!

The only strong contender (which was still troubling) was Jakob, and he's been promised to Hinoka because I'm a sucker for My Fair Lady.

I kinda like that she's the most credulous creature to have ever existed though. It's kind of endearing.

• Options
    Conquest 25 is complete and total bullshit.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Oh, I was meaning Chapter 10 conquest, not 12. The anguish last night killed my counting ability. I let a teamed Pegasus get near the end and only had one person in range to kill one, so the other reached the green zone.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    So far I am liking Conquest a lot more than Birthright

Early spoilers
    A bunch of Nohrian royalty trying to secretly do good and help people while figuring out what the fuck is wrong with their dad is way more interesting than FIGHT THE EVIL EMPIRE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Seriously, this chapter is basically an exercise in bad game design.

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.