RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    this was petty, and I apologize, Jars.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    it's true, literally everyone should have a backup brass weapon for defense/emergencies

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    don't be a fool, wrap your tool in.. uh... bronze

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    My final list of survivors. This is all that remained of my entire army, minus a couple captured units that I never did anything with. For reference, I recruited 9 children.
    Corrin
    Xander
    Ophelia
    Odin
    Kana
    Arthur
    Flora
    Izana

Seeing all the "Retired: Chapter X" messages for character epilogues was pretty sad.

But now on to Birthright! I'll still be doing Hard/Classic, but since it's both easier and has opportunities to grind, I'm going back to the stricter rule I sometimes use for Normal FE runs: no resets. Unless Corrin dies and forces a game over, something I must do my best to avoid, nothing gets undone. Lucky crits killing characters that were supposed to be safe, fragile teammates murdered by unexpected reinforcements, horrible level ups on the very first turn... whatever happens, happens. If my final army for Birthright Endgame has to be Corrin and 15 generic Einherjar, so be it.

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    don't be a fool, wrap your tool in.. uh... bronze

electroplating: not just for baby shoes

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Cantide wrote: »
    My final list of survivors. This is all that remained of my entire army, minus a couple captured units that I never did anything with. For reference, I recruited 9 children.
    Corrin
    Xander
    Ophelia
    Odin
    Kana
    Arthur
    Flora
    Izana

Seeing all the "Retired: Chapter X" messages for character epilogues was pretty sad.

But now on to Birthright! I'll still be doing Hard/Classic, but since it's both easier and has opportunities to grind, I'm going back to the stricter rule I sometimes use for Normal FE runs: no resets. Unless Corrin dies and forces a game over, something I must do my best to avoid, nothing gets undone. Lucky crits killing characters that were supposed to be safe, fragile teammates murdered by unexpected reinforcements, horrible level ups on the very first turn... whatever happens, happens. If my final army for Birthright Endgame has to be Corrin and 15 generic Einherjar, so be it.

Good God almighty, that list, and the names that aren't on it

You have a spirit of drama married to gameplay that I envy

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna try to play normal/classic conquest like that except I'm terrible at these games so we'll see how far I make it.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    it's true, literally everyone should have a backup brass weapon for defense/emergencies
    Brass/Bronze weapons are awful.

There are plenty of ways to augment your Luck without having to use inferior weapons. The easiest is just finding someone to pair with that offers a Luck stat boost, but you also have Sakura's Augment Luck or Azura's Inspiring Song skills. Conversely, you can just buff your defenses so a crit won't kill you in the first place.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Kana's Paralogue gave me trouble for a couple tries because I was sloppy about checking enemy ranges and sort of assumed that each enemy group would stick with the units I sent out to fight them. "Okay, Felicia's in range of all these mages, she can handle them...SHIT SHIT SHIT WHERE'D THAT SWORDMASTER COME FROM!?" But once I learned my lesson it wasn't too bad.

Cleared the Paralogues for Shigure, Dwyer, and Sophie without too much trouble, although those suicidal villagers can kiss my ass. It can be kind of intimidating to look at a map full of promoted enemies, but their stats aren't actually that high, and they're pretty good experience for everyone left in the 15-17 range.

Odin's been my MVP lately. Heartseeker makes up for the Killing Edge's accuracy penalty, and he is just getting critical hits like crazy. I've used him effectively as a dodge-tank on numerous occasions.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    Brass/Bronze weapons are awful.

There are plenty of ways to augment your Luck without having to use inferior weapons. The easiest is just finding someone to pair with that offers a Luck stat boost, but you also have Sakura's Augment Luck or Azura's Inspiring Song skills. Conversely, you can just buff your defenses so a crit won't kill you in the first place.

if crit avoid was the only important thing the low-level weapons did, sure

but they also are absurdly accurate and maybe most importantly, eliminate the chance of you scoring a crit/ability when you don't want them to happen. Defensively that can be super useful! The gap from iron to bronze is also negligible damage-wise.

sometimes you wanna be dead certain about something, that's what brass/bronze is for. Cutting out the dice roll as much as possible.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Heh...I would say that Conquest is more difficult than Awakening.

Mainly cause in Awakening...having one paired up super unit blow through the map was a viable strategy.

It can be done in Conquest but requires way more maneuvering to the point that it isn't really that worth it.

Then there was the fact you could get like 50+% activation rates on some skills.

And galeforce...

You can get 50% on skills in this. I think you can get 40% on Lethality of all things. (30 luck, Hoshidan Unity, Quixotic). Rend Heaven with 30 skill and those skills hits 70% (45+15+10).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Mainly cause in Awakening...having one paired up super unit blow through the map was a viable strategy.

It can be done in Conquest but requires way more maneuvering to the point that it isn't really that worth it.

Then there was the fact you could get like 50+% activation rates on some skills.

And galeforce...

You can get 50% on skills in this. I think you can get 40% on Lethality of all things. (30 luck, Hoshidan Unity, Quixotic). Rend Heaven with 30 skill and those skills hits 70% (45+15+10).

Now you just need to steal someone's Nohrian trust from their castle, and pair up with a great knight who has Aether, Aegis, Pavise, Astra and Luna!

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

And galeforce...

Now you just need to steal someone's Nohrian trust from their castle, and pair up with a great knight who has Aether, Aegis, Pavise, Astra and Luna!

? What, no Sol?

It's pretty easy to get Sophie with most of that - Silas x Effie will give her Mercenary, Knight, and Cavalier for base classes, so she can have Luna, Sol, Aegis, Pavise. Then you just throw Dragon Fang and whatever (I'd just do Draconic Hex honestly, it's stupid good) on Corrin with Hoshidan/Nohrian/Quixotic and laugh as you proc abilities left and right.

Edit: The maximum possible Skill for Corrin is 39 (35 for a few different classes+4 for skill boon), which would give you 65% chance for Aegis/Pavise/Luna/Sol. Dragon Fang would be around 55%.

Lethality actually tops out at 36% proc rate (Lodestar, +4 max luck is 44, for 11% base).

Edit 2: Kana can get 36.75% if my math is right (stacking everything you can get Kana to 47 max luck as Lodestar by doing F Corrin x Xander)

Polaritie on
  • Options

And galeforce...

? What, no Sol?

It's pretty easy to get Sophie with most of that - Silas x Effie will give her Mercenary, Knight, and Cavalier for base classes, so she can have Luna, Sol, Aegis, Pavise. Then you just throw Dragon Fang and whatever (I'd just do Draconic Hex honestly, it's stupid good) on Corrin with Hoshidan/Nohrian/Quixotic and laugh as you proc abilities left and right.

Edit: The maximum possible Skill for Corrin is 39 (35 for a few different classes+4 for skill boon), which would give you 65% chance for Aegis/Pavise/Luna/Sol. Dragon Fang would be around 55%.

Lethality actually tops out at 36% proc rate (Lodestar, +4 max luck is 44, for 11% base).

Edit 2: Kana can get 36.75% if my math is right (stacking everything you can get Kana to 47 max luck as Lodestar by doing F Corrin x Xander)

Who needs sol when you could proc more damage abilities! and also have aether anyway?

And yeah, Sophie is very easy to get most of those abilities for. She's pretty good in that regard!

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    There, redid chapter 10 conquest, and punched his face in. Did have to eat a one stat level up from Effie but I'll cope.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

And galeforce...

Why I said 50+.

I was being generous.

Dragkonias on
  • Options

And galeforce...

? What, no Sol?

Who needs sol when you could proc more damage abilities! and also have aether anyway?

And yeah, Sophie is very easy to get most of those abilities for. She's pretty good in that regard!

Aether is pretty OP, yes, though it is DLC only. (Is it even available in the US ver yet?)

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    For female characters it is, Great Lord gets Aether

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    For female characters it is, Great Lord gets Aether

Oh. Well that's just disgustingly good then. I think I'm going to have to get that on Corrin for my Revelation playthrough then. Because ahahaha evil skills are evil.

• Options
    in apotheosis I had lucina with aether, luna, astra and rightful king

and

it kind of stunk. but that also has a lot to do with girls not getting aggressor

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Ophelia's paralogue down. Aggressive enemies with higher damage meant i couldn't use everyone i wanted to, so i only got Niles and Elise up to level 20, but this works out because i only have two Master Seals in the shop, so i can get them up next chapter, get everyone else i'm looking for up to 20 (Peri, Belka, Odin, and Selena), and... then what? Do the "Invasions" which is how i get the castle raids that let me get Master Seals, or is that out of the Dragon's Gate?

• Options
    level 3 shop has infinite master seals

• Options
    level 3 shop has infinite master seals

But isn't that inaccessible until chapter 20? I'm ready to upgrade folks now.

• Options
    yes, but you can shop at other people's castles

• Options

Just shop there? Or is that part of the invasion thing?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »

you can buy one thing per visit and you will leave immediately after visiting; if you visit someone with a gold-ranked staff or rod shop they have all the seals for sale.

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    Mr Khan wrote: »

you can buy one thing per visit and you will leave immediately after visiting; if you visit someone with a gold-ranked staff or rod shop they have all the seals for sale.

Thanks guys. So i'll just need to visit about 4 people with top-ranked shops.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Dang, I stopped playing Birthright because I couldn't figure out what song was playing during Orochi's C-Rank support with the Avatar, which obviously meant that I couldn't finish my shipping spreadsheet, which obviously meant I couldn't continue playing the game.

The song wasn't in the Hoshido Records Hall, so I figured maybe it would be in the Nohr one? Long story short I rushed through Conquest on Normal/Casual until chapter 16 when you can upgrade the Records Hall only to find that the song wasn't there either.

Exasperated, I returned to Birthright and listened again, only to discover that the song was "The Path to You" except it starts halfway through the song? Finally I'll be able to finish this shipping spreadsheet and then get the children and finish the game.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    That is possibly the most arcane requirement for a fire emblem shipping grid that I have ever heard

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Music is important!
    It helps set the tone!

Edit: I mean, Orochi in particular is serious wife material, and as a dutiful husband, surely I should remember the first song we danced spoke to?

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    whats music

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Music is important!
    It helps set the tone!
    I'm pretty sure this is the song secretly playing in every support conversation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqkwykA4iFw

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    how difficult is orochi to use anyway, she looks super slow. or does it not matter in birthright

• Options
    almost nothing matters in birthright, birthright normal was just a shade harder than awakening normal (mostly because of stat changing effects and enemies teaming up)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Orochi is fine.
    She's better than Hayato, who's the only other mage you'll have most of the time.

Her speed is really really bad, but she has incredible Magic growths, so you can one-shot folks ost of the time if you're using offensive pairs.

• Options
    Orochi is fine.
    She's better than Hayato, who's the only other mage you'll have most of the time.

Her speed is really really bad, but she has incredible Magic growths, so you can one-shot folks ost of the time if you're using offensive pairs.

I have to ask, did ANYONE like hayato? The lack of good mages in birthright was disappointing. Meanwhile conquest gets leo and nyx? Like damn that's not even fair.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Orochi is fine.

I have to ask, did ANYONE like hayato? The lack of good mages in birthright was disappointing. Meanwhile conquest gets leo and nyx? Like damn that's not even fair.

Nyx has bad growths too, and Leo can be terrifyingly slow.

What you want is Ophelia. She's the chosen hero for a reason.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    My Hayato's strength growths were so great I changed him to Oni whatever and he mixed up magic with axes. It worked out well.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Orochi is fine.

Nyx has bad growths too, and Leo can be terrifyingly slow.

What you want is Ophelia. She's the chosen hero for a reason.

I mean, I dont care about their stats, just how cool they are.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Orochi is fine.

Birthright mages:
    Sakura (onmyoji OP)
    Felicia (flame shuriken best shuriken)
    Orochi would be a monster if she didn't have such terrible speed (so basically, you really wish she had Wary Fighter)

Yeah, good mages are in really short supply. Both sides have all of three people with over 40 mag growth (not counting kids, there are some monsters in the kids).

Nyx actually doesn't have terrible growths - she has 50 in mag and spd base. She's fragile as fuck, but she can hurt shit. Leo is okay, won't double much, won't be doubled, hits like a truck. Odin is terribad as a mage (he has bad offense growths period, though). Elise may have the best offensive magic growths period at 65 mag, 55 spd, 70(!!!) lck. She suffers from not getting tomes until promotion, but has the stats to not give a damn... Sakura gets better tomes earlier though (Horse Spirit is dumb)

Polaritie on
This discussion has been closed.