As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]obacillus acidophilus

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    they are doorknobs after all

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    You know,

I've never really been given a good explanation why we should care about recycling and waste.

Littering, sure.

Containing hazardous wastes (and this can include plastics) also sure.

But I feel like it's just a given that landfills are inherently bad and I don't get it.

i guess not throwing away things we don't need to is better than throwing away things we don't need to?

also municipalities should compost

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    You know,

I've never really been given a good explanation why we should care about recycling and waste.

Littering, sure.

But I feel like it's just a given that landfills are inherently bad and I don't get it.

Not sure if serious

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Is raw milk a stupid thing to drink

yes

Everything's gone down hill since we invented pasteurization, you should know that better than the rest of us Chanus.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    DAMN IT

I just went to my friend's house to pick up some of my things including a pc monitor and I just realized I am still short one power cable.

FAAAAK >:(

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    DAMN IT

I just went to my friend's house to pick up some of my things including a pc monitor and I just realized I am still short one power cable.

FAAAAK >:(

Amazon one day delivery?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Drinking milk or eating ice cream now upsets my stomach and causes irregular bowel movements. Cheese is not so bad as long as I don't overeat them. I guess I have lactose intolerance? I thought you have that from birth, you can suddenly have it later on in life?

Yeah, that's not unheard of.

The genes that produce lactose-digesting enzymes normally turn off sometime in childhood. That's why lactose intolerant populations (eg, most of the human race) can still drink breast milk as infants. In some people, their activity just diminishes over age.

Cheese, especially harder cheeses, tend to be low in lactose, so it's not unusual for somebody to be able to eat mozzarella as long as they don't overdo it but have the symptoms of lactose intolerance with milk or ice cream.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Pt's wife comes out to my desk and into the station (which is already a big no-no but everybody thinks the rules are for other people):

Wife: Hello?
    Me: Yes, can I help?
    W: My husband doesn't want to finish his oral contrast.
    M: Doesn't want to, or is too sick to?
    W: He just doesn't want to. He doesn't like the taste.
    M: I mixed it with Coca-Cola as he specifically asked for.
    W: Yeah, but he's just not liking it.
    M: . . . .

If I've learned anything from the Millgram experiments, speaking sternly while holding a clipboard should get him to finish drinking it

also get her to electrocute him for your trouble

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    @Element Brian How far did you get in Crysis 2?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Drinking milk or eating ice cream now upsets my stomach and causes irregular bowel movements. Cheese is not so bad as long as I don't overeat them. I guess I have lactose intolerance? I thought you have that from birth, you can suddenly have it later on in life?

You can absolutely acquire it later in life; it is pretty common, in fact, for this to happen.
    I have always have slight problems with some milk products (didn't quite recognize them at the time though, just thought I had 'weak digestion' or whatever), but when I was ~25 they got really intense (eg incredible, piercing gut pain after a milkshake, every time).

Lactaid is magic though. I realized, once I started taking lactaid, that I had trained myself for years to prepare for regrets every time I had ice cream; now I take a lactaid tablet and eat ice cream and there is no digestive problem at all. It's crazy. Life enjoyment has increased a lot because of this.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Everything I know about lactose intolerance I learned from Snatch

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

Yeah, that's not unheard of.

The genes that produce lactose-digesting enzymes normally turn off sometime in childhood. That's why lactose intolerant populations (eg, most of the human race) can still drink breast milk as infants. In some people, their activity just diminishes over age.

Cheese, especially harder cheeses, tend to be low in lactose, so it's not unusual for somebody to be able to eat mozzarella as long as they don't overdo it but have the symptoms of lactose intolerance with milk or ice cream.

Yup I can eat pizza until I'm blue in the face, no farts.

Milkshakes, milk, ice cream, cheezeits will give me the farts like no one's business.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Pt's wife comes out to my desk and into the station (which is already a big no-no but everybody thinks the rules are for other people):

Offer to run a tube to his stomach to pump it in.

Dude will drink it real quick

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    yeah the days of being able to eat a pint of ben & jerry's without wanting to die after are over for me

on pretty much all fronts

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    1960, 1938, 1939 , 1941, 1941, 1955, 1956 , 1959

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

"Are you leaving AMA?"

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 84

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Elki. Thread will be recycled after 84 pages.

• Options
    Geth wrote: »
    Affirmative Elki. Thread will be recycled after 84 pages.

QUICK EVERYONE OVER TO THE OTHER CHAT

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

Offer to run a tube to his stomach to pump it in.

Dude will drink it real quick

It's totally voluntary. They don't have to do anything.

But, you know, why the hell come to the hospital then?

There's another patient like that here today. Said he woke up yesterday and went, "Fuck it, I hate taking my heart meds, I'm too old dammit!" And then promptly checked himself into the ER for heart problems.

• Options

Hm they're both trans?

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

Hm they're both trans?

It would seem so

• Options
    merging [chat]s always makes my brain pucker for a second

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    All lactobacillus look similar to me.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    redx wrote: »
    All lactobacillus look similar to me.

cism

• Options

shit there goes my plan

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »

"Are you leaving AMA?"

Right?

These people are weird. They've been asking since they got here when they can leave and they've been refusing treatment left and right.

I don't have their feet nailed to the floor. They can go.

idgi

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    seriously though

if you don't wash your hands after you poop

you really don't deserve hands

There's a man at my work who does not wash his hands after pooping or peeing.

He does so with an open pride.

He once came out of the stall as I was finishing washing my hands so I stepped to the side and motioned for him.

He looked me right in the god damn eyes, shook his head NO and walked past me and out the door.

What sort of animal..

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Holy shit I haven't checked chat in like a day and I decided to check it right as it flipped to a new chat. It's like I felt the disturbance.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    guys should i buy the division

who is playing on ps4

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

shit there goes my plan

that elki's a clever fellow

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Yeah I've been taking those Lactaid pills but sometimes I gotta take two pills when eating stuff like ice cream or if I want to go pizza crazy. I just don't like drinking milk anymore.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    helen mirren is so the best

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    You know,

Littering, sure.

Not sure if serious

am serious

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Confession: I can't really tell the difference between a tub of Froyo and a tub of Ice Cream from the grocery store.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    seriously though

if you don't wash your hands after you poop

you really don't deserve hands

There's a man at my work who does not wash his hands after pooping or peeing.

He does so with an open pride.

He once came out of the stall as I was finishing washing my hands so I stepped to the side and motioned for him.

He looked me right in the god damn eyes, shook his head NO and walked past me and out the door.

What sort of animal..

Burn him to the god damned ground. We don't need his ilk in this world.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.