As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Election Season: More Argument than Duck Season v. Rabbit Season

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Soup's so easy, you just open the can and eat. No reason to heat it up, it's good right from the can. And there are so many types! Chicken noodle, homestyle chicken noodle, chunky chicken noodle, chicken noodle and stars, scooby-do chicken and noodle, stars and chicken and noodle, creamy chicken and noodle, chicken pot pie and noodle.

Have you got anything without noodle?

We have some chicken and letters. Pasta letters.

I don't want any pasta.

Then you want broth.

No I don't.
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    We should never elect anybody President whose mental ability to cook food so they don't starve to death stops at "heat up a can of soup."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I regularly used to buy 36 cans of Campbell's Chunky Chicken and Sausage Gumbo every couple of weeks when I couldn't be bothered to cook yet wanted hot food. The problem is there aren't enough calories to sustain normal metabolism, so I had to supplement with a jar of peanut butter and fiber bars

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    What's hilarious is it's way cheaper to just make a pot of homemade soup.

And then you can put meatballs in it.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Man, the Chicken Noodle Sketch just doesn't have the same pizzazz as the Spam Sketch did.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Man, the Chicken Noodle Sketch just doesn't have the same pizzazz as the Spam Sketch did.

Now I'm thinking about spam pizza.

No I don't.
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I wonder if any politicians drink Soylent

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    I wonder if any politicians drink Soylent

Sort of, a lot of them process dead human bodies into dehydrated protein bars and just call it "soylent"

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    What if it was 100 bottles of Soylent?

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    You can buy canned burgers if you want a break from soup.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Considering they like to use dead people as sustenance (Reagan, soldiers killed, aborted babies, executed prisoners, etc).... I wonder.

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »

Stop it you're making me hungryface

No I don't.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Stoned Ricky would probably buy 100 cans of soup in a single go. But I'm willing to let that slide since he's not, ya know, trying to run a country.

Soup is terrible for munchies. I find Stoned Ricky's munchy choices questionable.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I can't even think about how many steak-ums I've eaten in my life.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I can't even think about how many steak-ums I've eaten in my life.

There was a point where I would have them once or twice a week with different sauces. My favorite being A1 steak sauce

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ted Cruz doesn't eat the soup.

The prisoners in his basement eat the soup.

Ted eats the cans.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    7bv8bli5shdu.jpg

The man's name is Ted.

This checks out.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I think the day I eat soup directly from a can without even bothering to heat it up is the day I have given up on life.

You mean, like, cold spaghettios, eaten with your fingers, while crying in the shower

dot jpg

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    If you're getting a decent bulk discount you might as well get 100 cans of soup, it'll last for years and eventually you'll get through it. Isn't that the whole point of places like Sam's Club?

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    If we're going to elect somebody President who is going around buying 100 cans of soup because they can't cook why don't we just elect Dan Ryckert?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If we're going to elect somebody President who is going around buying 100 cans of soup because they can't cook why don't we just elect Dan Ryckert?

On the one hand he's grossly unqualified, but on the other, he'll probably, completely accidentally and through no active decisions of his own, end up enacting a bunch of really successful initiatives that usher this country into a new golden age.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    6OVAWdG.jpg

A9RgeKm.png

Xehalus on
  • Options
    I think it's pretty low hanging fruit to just stick Trumps face into a photograph of the Icelandic toupee migration

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    That is horrifying

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I think the day I eat soup directly from a can without even bothering to heat it up is the day I have given up on life.

You mean, like, cold spaghettios, eaten with your fingers, while crying in the shower

dot jpg

Jesus, talk about a flashback. Also, googling the phrase "spaghettios in the shower" turns up the urban dictionary entry as like the fifth result, which I feel is kind of impressive?

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Imagine how awkward it would be when President Cruz hosts a White House dinner with foreign dignitaries

And they all sit at the table and are served a can of soup.

Not even poured into a bowl or anything, just an opened can and a spoon.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    What kind of soup do you think it was

Personally i wouldn't mind having that much Clam Chowder around the house, but i'm oddly certain it wasn't that?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Imagine how awkward it would be when President Cruz hosts a White House dinner with foreign dignitaries

And they all sit at the table and are served a can of soup.

Not even poured into a bowl or anything, just an opened can and a spoon.

Were I in that situation, I'd assume it to be part of some sick game that I would need to fight my way out of.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Cruz having foreign dignitaries over? I don't think we'd have to worry about that.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    What kind of soup do you think it was

Personally i wouldn't mind having that much Clam Chowder around the house, but i'm oddly certain it wasn't that?

Probably something like tomato basil

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ted Cruz strikes me as a Green pea soup man. No exciting morsels of food within, just a homogenous mash of human-type nutrients that can easily be consumed through his concealed proboscis.

• Options
    Delicious green peaness

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Ted Cruz strikes me as a Green pea soup man. No exciting morsels of food within, just a homogenous mash of human-type nutrients that can easily be consumed through his concealed proboscis.

Pea soup is delicious, and I won't hear a word against it!

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    The article specifically stated 'Campbell's Chunky Soup' so we can start from there. Let's go and take a look, shall we?

Jesus, there's 81 different flavors.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    The article specifically stated 'Campbell's Chunky Soup' so we can start from there. Let's go and take a look, shall we?

I once bought 20 cans of Campbell soup. To be fair, it was a combination of a 10 for $10 sale with an overreaction to getting snowed in for a week without power the winter before.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

I once bought 20 cans of Campbell soup. To be fair, it was a combination of a 10 for $10 sale with an overreaction to getting snowed in for a week without power the winter before.

That's prudent and wise. Growing up on the Gulf Coast in Hurricane Alley, we do the same thing with all kinds of canned foods, it's just what you do.

But ten for ten ... hmmm.

What nineteen flavors would I double up on? That's the real question here.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I find that soup story inspiring.
    You could dedicate a year of the Onion to weird food purchases and marriage law.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

To be fair, the majority of those flavors didn't exist back then and Campbell's is double or triple dipping on some of those because they consider the healthy and microwave bowl versions to be actual different flavors. I'd say he'd probably had to pick from 10 or so different soups at the time.

This discussion has been closed.