As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Election Season: More Argument than Duck Season v. Rabbit Season

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    heh. penis.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    If it was today though? 100 cans of Darth Vader soup.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    The article specifically stated 'Campbell's Chunky Soup' so we can start from there. Let's go and take a look, shall we?

Jesus, there's 81 different flavors.

To be fair, the majority of those flavors didn't exist back then and Campbell's is double or triple dipping on some of those because they consider the healthy and microwave bowl versions to be actual different flavors. I'd say he'd probably had to pick from 10 or so different soups at the time.

it was 100 cans of cream of celery.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I could really go for a good broccoli and cheddar soup right now

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I never eat soup on its own

Usually it is with a sandwich

Dip a nice turkey sandwich in some broccoli cheddar soup and you are good to go

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    you know what's disappointing is a broccoli and cheddar soup where the broccoli is chopped up really fine, you can barely even tell it's there

you got to have decent sized broccoli chunks

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I never eat soup on its own

Usually it is with a sandwich

Dip a nice turkey sandwich in some broccoli cheddar soup and you are good to go

ooohhhh or add some cream and basil and sauteed shallots into a tomato soup and dip a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich in

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    What I don't get is that in the USA, the home of home delivery of fast food, why would Cruz choose to eat canned soup? He still has to open the can, put it in a bowl, warm it up, eat it with a spoon, wash the bowl and spoon when he's done...

Just get some Thai delivered and everything goes in the garbage when you're done. Easier, tastier, healthier.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm more curious about how she didn't know already about this soup thing.
    I mean, you'd think that "I'm the kind of guy who stocks up on soup by the pallet" would have come up at some point in time before getting married.

"Honey, why do you have 15 cans of soup in your cabinet, and nothing else?
    "Oh shit, I'm down to my last 15 cans? Be right back...

That just seems like conversation that would have been had.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Chunky Chicken and Grilled Sausage Gumbo is the closest you'll get to actual gumbo now that you don't live with your parents

Why would you eat anything else

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    You could just

Make gumbo

Like gumbo isn't even particularly hard to cook

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    the store here no longer carries this awesome chese and potato soup. I need to learn how to make cheese base soup

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    You could just

Make gumbo

Like gumbo isn't even particularly hard to cook

No it's hard

Do I make roux or okra

How do I not burn the roux

How do I not have the andouille overpower everything

How much file is too much

How do I shred the chicken without over boiling it

Where the heck do I get fresh bay leaves

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    well step one: Be competent.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I think we need to do some mythbusting here. How many cans can you fit in a bag before ripping? Does paper or plastic make a difference? How many trips would you need?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    What I don't get is that in the USA, the home of home delivery of fast food, why would Cruz choose to eat canned soup? He still has to open the can, put it in a bowl, warm it up, eat it with a spoon, wash the bowl and spoon when he's done...

Just get some Thai delivered and everything goes in the garbage when you're done. Easier, tastier, healthier.

Hard to get Thai food delivered to your fallout shelter, especially in the middle of the nuclear holocaust you may or may not have caused.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Well thanks for excluding 87% of the human population, real nice

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

Step one is realizing you have something in common with ted cruz

Step 2 involves a can of soup, a liter of vodka, and in private browsing

• Options
    I think we need to do some mythbusting here. How many cans can you fit in a bag before ripping? Does paper or plastic make a difference? How many trips would you need?

Plastic, four, six if you double bag, add 2 cans if you don't need to walk more than 200 feet. Assuming you have a car, that's 7 trips to the pantry, 4 if you work out.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

If he double bagged those paper bags, they can hold a crap load of soup cans. Figure 8 cans per layer, 2 or 3 layers per bag (I'm guessing 3 would take it up to about 3/4s of the way full). That's 16-24 cans per double paper bag. Assuming your bagger was halfway competent, anyway. You don't have too much in that bag that's going to cause a stress point that could start a tear. Filling the bags up would mean 3-4 trips to unload them, depending on how many cans per bag, of course.

Plastic bags though, not so much. probably have to limit it to 8 cans per plastic bag, even if you double bag them, the handles on top are going to tear if you go much above that.

But really, if you're buying that much soup, you'd probably ask the manager if they had some spare boxes so you could haul that soup home without having to make too many trips.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Why have 100 cans of soup when you can have buckets of rice?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyxTG1mucfs

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

If he double bagged those paper bags, they can hold a crap load of soup cans. Figure 8 cans per layer, 2 or 3 layers per bag (I'm guessing 3 would take it up to about 3/4s of the way full). That's 16-24 cans per double paper bag. Assuming your bagger was halfway competent, anyway. You don't have too much in that bag that's going to cause a stress point that could start a tear. Filling the bags up would mean 3-4 trips to unload them, depending on how many cans per bag, of course.

Plastic bags though, not so much. probably have to limit it to 8 cans per plastic bag, even if you double bag them, the handles on top are going to tear if you go much above that.

But really, if you're buying that much soup, you'd probably ask the manager if they had some spare boxes so you could haul that soup home without having to make too many trips.

If you use paper for more than 8 cans you'll have to bottom carry, which doubles the trips to the pantry and is a disaster if you walk home. I don't trust paper handles

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    This was posted in D&D, was it posted here?

The Democratic Party, plus the Clinton and Sanders campaigns are suing Arizona over the poor state of their primary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democratic-party-and-clinton-campaign-to-sue-arizona-over-voting-rights/2016/04/14/dadc4708-0188-11e6-b823-707c79ce3504_story.html

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Good.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Sanders is showing his weakness when a moderator forces him off his talking points.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

This implies he bothers to empty it out of the can to warm it up to eat, he might just be cracking it open and chugging soup cold.

Maybe he does a Popeye and just squeezes the can open and shoots the contents into the air, catching it in his maw and powers up his levels of Cruzosity.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Sanders is showing his weakness when a moderator forces him off his talking points.

The crowd seems to lean a bit towards Bernie, which is making it sound like he's "winning" the debate so far.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

The crowd seems to lean a bit towards Bernie, which is making it sound like he's "winning" the debate so far.

It's pretty back and forth from what I've heard.

Though I'm not sure where Clinton was going with the crime bill providing opportunities for young people. Outside of maybe some police hiring initiatives I can't really think of how that applies unless the whole microbrewery trend grew out of people spending their 20s learning to make sangria in the prison terlet.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    In all seriousness, the notion that we should put MORE obstacles in the path of voting, instead of less, is fundamentally toxic in my eyes. I really, REALLY wish the Justice Department had greater resources to clamp down on voter suppression efforts like what we saw in Arizona.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I know I've joked about deporting Trump earlier in this thread but man, subverting and obstructing the democratic process this country was founded on ranks just under treason as reason to eject somebody from their citizenship in my mind. We take away citizenship over people dodging taxes. Trying to take away the rights this country was founded on strikes me as way worse.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    what if we got donald trump to ruin the campaign of aaron burr

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Hillary is just cloaking herself in Obama at every opportunity

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016

I've watched every debate and I have lost track of the number of times she has started a sentence with, "Well, I worked with President Obama on..."

Which is fine, that's experience she can cite in a debate, but I as a political addict get a sort of broken record effect.

Bernie repeats himself a lot too.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    it's a better stance than the previous one democrats had of "yo fuck obama" then losing by a million points

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    everyone repeats themselves because nobody can possibly have enough different things to say for an 18 month campaign

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Senator Sanders, Donald Trump has been quoted as agreeing that water is wet and the sky is blue. What difference is your opinion on these comments than Trump's?

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular

Rich, creamery 'Bama.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Heh

She's using him as a Barry-er

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Heh

AND THAT GOES DOUBLE FOR YOU, JOSH.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Heh

AND THAT GOES DOUBLE FOR YOU, JOSH.

I've heard you tell jokes twice as bad as that, Mike

When you're sober, even

This discussion has been closed.