As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Axes and Acres – Farm, Build, Survive - for those who love strategy! [Windows, Mac]

TubeTube Registered User admin
Axes and Acres Trailer

Axes and Acres is a single-player strategy game in which you use workers to build various buildings and achieve objectives. What makes Axes and Acres unique is the way you control your workers. Each worker is represented by a die with different action faces. You use these faces as well as a hand of cards to interact with the map! If you have a played a deck-building board game you might find these mechanics familiar. The game is easy to learn, and has a great payoff for the time you put in.

Gameplay Video

Axes and Acres isn't flashy, the focus is on the mechanics of the game, which create deep strategic decisions on every turn. When you have that great turn where everything works out it is super satisfying.

Right now we are currently in the beta stage and would be happy to have some people playtest the game. With that in mind we are giving away 10 keys so that you guys can try it out.

Keys:
M6P8L-LZXBK-YLKW6
TJY65-EF5WK-WK2D0
YNC59-YL4CT-98NJJ
CIZ7M-WB8NL-IHYXY
R3ZA9-02IMG-0NC7H
8T459-8CP4L-7XJPP
YI6J9-MYQHD-F2PXP
QCPKZ-TZGAX-TNN5X
RW5X7-THAXD-QVF63
49PFR-QY7NR-IDI05

For anyone who does not get a key, or just wants to test it out first, there is a demo on gamejolt now: http://gamejolt.com/games/axes-and-acres/122278

If you have any feedback, comments, or criticisms after playing it, or even just reading this, let us know - we would love to hear it.

Axes and Acres has been Greenlit. If you like the game, you can follow us on our Greenlight page at Steam Greenlight Page We plan to release the game some time in April.

You can also follow us @BrainGoodGames on twitter.

Thanks for your time everyone!

Screenshots:

BibpgT0.png
MUXzzUx.png
wU7YCH4.png
pEDwcSH.png
BrT8ixg.png
0nAIv6H.png

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    This game immediately reminds me of a Euro-style board game and that really appeals to me. I would grab a key to have a fiddle and give some feedback, but I'm so buried by my own work right now that I'm afraid I couldn't spend the time. Hopefully some others will come have a look.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Took the key on the bottom of that list.

This looks like something that, if I focus, could destroy my life.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Very cool. From the video, I got a smile that a third worker is needed to 'activate' the two reproducing workers. Funny mental image of some kind of sex foreman. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Sounds very cool, I managed to grab a key from the middle of the list (8T459-8CP4L-7XJPP) - Will definitely be giving this one a good play through.

• Options
    PiesDXPiesDX Winnipeg, MBRegistered User new member
    edited March 2016
    Glad to see everyone is excited! We would love it if anyone who played could fill out a short feedback form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1l1WXHQbGM-3yDu6M8-e2iZblxwpTwj4CeV3EtSVRb-A/viewform

Thanks and enjoy!

PiesDX on
    PiesDX (Caleb Friesen) Co-Designer of Axes and Acres