Options

Netrunner: Live out all your dorkiest cyberpunk fantasies through the medium of card games

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Also I am always sad that PSF will never be a good card because man its alt art is the best:

Netrunner-Private-Security-force-PSF-Alt-Art.jpg

Actually I'm going to be running a shadowrun campaign soon, I wonder if the art from netrunner is up any where with the gameplay art ripped out because man the art in this game is great.

Hard and fast rule, if you just want the art from a CCG/TCG card, take the artist name at the bottom of the card, and google it. The chances are VERY good that they have them posted on their personal website.

http://adamschumpert.com/netrunner-scifi-adamshcumpert/

PRM077_7673_PrivateSecurityForceAlt_AdamSchumpert.jpg?format=500w

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I know that if I start looking at any of the Psi cards that came out after Honor & Profit, I'm going to want to rebuild the Janken Division, and that's going to be the single biggest factor in bringing me back into a game I have no time to play for the foreseeable future

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    working on an anarch deck on jinteki

just realized adjusted chronotype is literally a service that genetically modifies you so that you are biologically disposed toward being a morning person

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    so to be clear

they're phasing out the first cycle of stuff next year, right

does that include the first deluxe expansion, or just the first round of datapacks

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    It includes the first two rounds of datapacks. So the datapacks in the Genesis and Spin cycles (through Double Time) will be phased out. All deluxe expansions will still be legal.

• Options
    Ok

Probably just

Not gonna buy any of those then

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    so to be clear

they're phasing out the first cycle of stuff next year, right

does that include the first deluxe expansion, or just the first round of datapacks

The coreset and the deluxe expansions will never cycle out.

This article has all the juicy deets: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2014/11/5/when-new-programs-overwrite-the-old/

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    But Jackson Howard though.....

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    gonna be weird to have a meta without the ol' jack attack

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    But Jackson Howard though.....

My current deck doesn't use him at all. Need that influence in Argus to help pay for tasty, tasty Snares.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    gonna be weird to have a meta without the ol' jack attack

Oh yeah, it's gonna be real crazy. He just does SO MUCH that I can't imagine the corp game being anything but severely hamstrung by his absence

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah every time I consider not putting jackson howard into a deck the word "variance" creeps quietly into my head and I remember "yeah... put him in"

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Looking at that list, there's a lot of staple Runner cards that are getting phased out, too.

While not as crippling as losing Jackson, it's still a big deal for Runners to lose:
    e3 Feedback Implants
    HQ Interface
    Plascrete Carapace
    Prepaid VoicePAD
    R&D Interface
    Atman
    Faerie
    Self-Modifying Code
    Kati Jones (this combined with Prepaid is pretty huge for their economy, actually)

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Isn't SMC in Creation and Control? That'll be staying.

Same with Atman, thank god. My favourite breaker in the game.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Isn't SMC in Creation and Control? That'll be staying.

Same with Atman, thank god. My favourite breaker in the game.

Oh, right, I forgot to remove the deluxe expansions from the filter list

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    And on the Corp side, we lose:
    NAPD Contracts
    Eve Campaign
    Jackson Howard (ouch)
    Shock!
    Sundew (this'll be a huge blow to Jinteki economy)
    Eli 1.0 (aka one of the best Ice in the entire game)
    Pop-up Window (used in basically every NBN deck ever)
    Celebrity Gift (again a big blow to Jinteki economy)
    Midseason Replacements (makes Scorching a lot harder)
    Ash 2X3ZB9CY
    Caprice Nisei

Interesting that Weyland and HB economies are left relatively untouched (Eve is the only one down that HB truly cares about, and even then only in glacier decks), but NBN takes an important hit and Jinteki take two very big economy hits.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Losing Ash is going to be huuuuuuge

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Losing Ash is going to be huuuuuuge

Yeah, Ash (and to a lesser extent, Caprice) is a pretty big deal for anyone that's not going with a Scorch or Fast-Advance strategy.

Both it and Caprice were super important for protecting big agendas.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I guess Future Proof was not future proof

Also Future Proof dropping out is gonna be bananas for like... Everyone

And hopefully Jinteki will get something else that punishes runners for not checking remote servers

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Both sides are losing a lot, for sure (including the aforementioned Andromeda), and I'm really looking forward to how the meta's going to be shaken up by the rotation in general. But there really isn't a card on the runner's side that will keep them from practically insta-losing like Jackson does for the corps in an agenda-flooding situation (plascrete is maybe the closest analogue but runner economies have evolved so much that it's anyone's guess whether scorch can be as dominant as it was in the early days).

• Options
    It'll be interesting to see how Kate decks look when both Prepaid and Kati Jones are out of rotation.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Runners also have I've Had Worse to take Plascrate's place a little bit

• Options
    I'm honestly not terribly worried about econ choices after all that stuff goes. Sundew kinda sucks for RP but them's the ropes, there's other good new options for them too and that's pretty cool.

Losing Caprice will suck but I honestly find the card a bit 'eh' design wise so I'm okay with it going in the long run.

Really my biggest concern is hoping that the current trend of ice never firing (except maybe early game against some deck types...) and mostly just being a tax will make losing Ash/Caprice a really big blow to scoring out agendas.

Basically my worry is that the meta will continue to make Fast Advance the most reliable choice.

• Options
    losing nisei and celebrity gift is gonna make jinteki ambush decks much more difficult to set up

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how Kate decks look when both Prepaid and Kati Jones are out of rotation.

Time to dust off the ol' Professional Contacts

• Options
    losing nisei and celebrity gift is gonna make jinteki ambush decks much more difficult to set up

And Ronin!

• Options
    edited March 2016

eh honestly I never see Kate running either card anymore. PPVP because of the MWL and Kati Jones because Magnum Opus is just a better option than her in Shaper. EDIT: Also Pro-Co!

I think Shaper might be the least hit by the rotation, actually.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Runners also have I've Had Worse to take Plascrate's place a little bit

yeah, but it means that everyone but Anarch will have to spend precious influence in order to put it in

I kiiiiinda wish that Mimic and Datasucker would be rotating out, but both of them are Core, so them's the breaks.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

And Ronin!

i don't actually use ronin in my CP deck

actually, my current deck doesn't even have nisei in it

now, my TTG deck, that's got niseis

• Options
    Losing Plascrete sucks because I won't get to use my sweet alt-arts anymore :(

• Options
    Losing plascrete doesn't actually bother me all that much, with stuff like Guru Davinder and Sports Hopper (which, in Geist, can basically just eat a scorch)

• Options
    Honest to goodness I really think Guru Davinder is a Bad Card.

Sports hopper seems pretty cool in IDs with 1 link though!

• Options
    I do definitely feel like it's unreasonably hard for anything other than FA or Scorch strats to work for the Corp, but I'm not super sure why that is.

I have my suspicions (Runners' best econ sources are a lot safer than Corps' best econ sources; low-cost, low-influence breakers that let you straight up ignore Ice), but I'm not good enough at analysis to really put numbers to my suspicions.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I'm honestly not terribly worried about econ choices after all that stuff goes. Sundew kinda sucks for RP but them's the ropes, there's other good new options for them too and that's pretty cool.

Well, I'd assume that losing Sundew would be the least of RP's problems when rotation happens, because RP itself will be rotating out as well. (It was in Trace Amount, the second data pack of the first cycle.)

AND IT WILL BE A GLORIOUS DAY.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I do definitely feel like it's unreasonably hard for anything other than FA or Scorch strats to work for the Corp, but I'm not super sure why that is.

I have my suspicions (Runners' best econ sources are a lot safer than Corps' best econ sources; low-cost, low-influence breakers that let you straight up ignore Ice), but I'm not good enough at analysis to really put numbers to my suspicions.

I think you can draw a couple of conclusions from how the metagame has shaken out. Normally, runners have the advantage late game against a corp using a scoring remote because they can get their rig out, money up, and wait. Unless the corp has: an alternate win condition that they can leverage against the runner (scorch), a method of scoring agendas that bypasses a scoring remote entirely (FA), or utilize certain upgrades with some amount of taxing ice that forces the runner to make runs that don't actually do anything (glacier) they're in a bad spot.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Farangu wrote: »
    Question for those that still follow the card pool (@Shorty)

Is a runner deck based around Bad Publicity shenanigans viable? I remember loving the concept and really trying to make it work, but the cards just weren't there for it in mid 2014

yeah, Valencia starts the game with a bad pub and you can build a solid deck around blackmail recursion for remotes and cheap central pressure

and you can throw in data leak reversal, paparazzi, fall guy, and wireless net pavilion if you feel like being just the absolute goddamn worst sort of person

(that is basically the deck that won worlds last year and the guy that did it is the first to admit that it's a problem deck for buttholes)

Shorty on
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

Several people have done analysis about how breakers at the start were too good and ice was too shit. The runner only needs 6 or so breakers whilst the corp needs 16 or more ice so the runner is much freer to pick the 'best'.
    PMAvers wrote: »

Well, I'd assume that losing Sundew would be the least of RP's problems when rotation happens, because RP itself will be rotating out as well. (It was in Trace Amount, the second data pack of the first cycle.)

AND IT WILL BE A GLORIOUS DAY.

Psh RP is getting kicked in the teeth with Democracy and Dogma (the next pack), it might not even be a presence by the time of rotation.

The problem with Jackson rotating is that Noise isn't (nor is Wyldside, Aesops, Faust, or Cache)

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the whole breakers/ice thing is predicated on the fact that breaking ice is usually a bad deal for the corp over the course of a single encounter, enconomically speaking

but as you start to look at 2-4 or more encounters, it starts being in the corp's favor, which is usually the more important way of looking at it

this is why in the first two years of the game's life, and probably even now, the strongest runner decks are those that only break ice when it is trivial or necessary

andysucker is the earliest example of this--use mimic and faerie and yog, get into centrals for almost nothing, siphon to keep the big ice unrezzed, shut them down if they do, inside job for remotes, etc.

but most strong runner decks embrace this idea in some way

• Options
    Do you think it would help at all if Corps could mess with the Runner's board in more reliable ways?

Like, Runners have a ton of options when it comes to derezzing ice, trashing assets, and doing all sorts of things to the Corp's area.

But unless the Corp is going for a tagstorm build, there's not a whole lot they can do to the Runner's side. You're often forced into a highly reactive role.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Losing plascrete doesn't actually bother me all that much, with stuff like Guru Davinder and Sports Hopper (which, in Geist, can basically just eat a scorch)

as a geist main, I am physically, physically vibrating over the introduction of sports hopper