Options

Netrunner: Live out all your dorkiest cyberpunk fantasies through the medium of card games

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Do you think it would help at all if Corps could mess with the Runner's board in more reliable ways?

Like, Runners have a ton of options when it comes to derezzing ice, trashing assets, and doing all sorts of things to the Corp's area.

But unless the Corp is going for a tagstorm build, there's not a whole lot they can do to the Runner's side. You're often forced into a highly reactive role.

this is why I love jinteki, because even though you're not messing with the board, you're definitely impeding the runner much more directly in that sense

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Do you think it would help at all if Corps could mess with the Runner's board in more reliable ways?

Like, Runners have a ton of options when it comes to derezzing ice, trashing assets, and doing all sorts of things to the Corp's area.

But unless the Corp is going for a tagstorm build, there's not a whole lot they can do to the Runner's side. You're often forced into a highly reactive role.

There is always Marcus Batty into an Archer for a 66% chance to trash their entire rig.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I'm fine with the current level of hardware/software manipulation on the corp side but I wish it were a little easier to manipulate resources

• Options
    Losing plascrete doesn't actually bother me all that much, with stuff like Guru Davinder and Sports Hopper (which, in Geist, can basically just eat a scorch)

as a geist main, I am physically, physically vibrating over the introduction of sports hopper

I was poo-pooing that card at first because the math on it is honestly pretty unfavorable

then I decided that it's basically plascrete if plascrete only had three counters on it and wasn't blank in a matchup against HB

which makes it pretty good in most runners and The Shit in some of them (geist being the most obvious)

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I'm honestly not terribly worried about econ choices after all that stuff goes. Sundew kinda sucks for RP but them's the ropes, there's other good new options for them too and that's pretty cool.

Well, I'd assume that losing Sundew would be the least of RP's problems when rotation happens, because RP itself will be rotating out as well. (It was in Trace Amount, the second data pack of the first cycle.)

AND IT WILL BE A GLORIOUS DAY.

Yeah... Yeah I totally remembered this I was making a joke

<_<
    >_>

• Options
    there is a reason we call RP the Soulgrinder

it is not fun to play against and I won't be sad when it rotates out, even if it does mean that Jinteki will be impossible to play at tournaments for awhile

• Options
    I do definitely feel like it's unreasonably hard for anything other than FA or Scorch strats to work for the Corp, but I'm not super sure why that is.

I have my suspicions (Runners' best econ sources are a lot safer than Corps' best econ sources; low-cost, low-influence breakers that let you straight up ignore Ice), but I'm not good enough at analysis to really put numbers to my suspicions.

Hmmmm I can't quite agree with the first bit there. HB glacier has been super good for quite a while.

Of course it's lynchpins are ash and caprice so come rotation it'll suffer without new tools.

• Options
    i have...hopes that I can still play a Chronos Protocol deck post rotation

• Options
    i have...hopes that I can still play a Chronos Protocol deck post rotation

there isn't much from the first two cycles it really likes

shock, celebrity gift, fetal AI, Hokusai grid

but I think in the next cycle there's gonna be more support for non-ice net damage

• Options
    yeah i've been looking at running an ambush heavy, long game CP deck but a lot of those staples are older, so I need to skew more to what its strengths are

• Options
    edited March 2016
    it is worth pointing out that cycles won't rotate for at least 18 months

and we have all of Kala Ghoda and the two next cycles worth of cards to see before that happens

I think it is a little early to be planning around the post-rotation meta

Shorty on
  • Options
    With all these players popping up out of the woodwork here I kinda feel like organising a jinteki.net league!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    While there definitely are other cool-ass Jinteki IDs, I still kind of want to stick with PE for now.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    God damnit.

I'm going to look up psi cards.

I thought I was out.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    With all these players popping up out of the woodwork here I kinda feel like organising a jinteki.net league!

you should, I'd be down

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    While there definitely are other cool-ass Jinteki IDs, I still kind of want to stick with PE for now.

yeah that and cronos protocol are the only ones I've ever really felt drawn to

I'm not smart enough to play Biotech and the rest just don't interest me

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Ahahahahah of course they release Batty after I get out

Man that would have been nice to have

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I literally just bought half the shit you guys just listed

mother fucker

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    haha get owned scrub

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    it is worth pointing out that cycles won't rotate for at least 18 months

and we have all of Kala Ghoda and the two next cycles worth of cards to see before that happens

I think it is a little early to be planning around the post-rotation meta

Oh ok I feel better

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    you're mean gnome I don't like you

• Options
    Yeah if you're gonna be playing for the next 18 months don't feel bad about buying the first two cycles at all.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

1dwE5gI.png?1

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

1dwE5gI.png?1

you're a pretty punk girl?

Ok fine I take it back

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    there is a reason we call RP the Soulgrinder

it is not fun to play against and I won't be sad when it rotates out, even if it does mean that Jinteki will be impossible to play at tournaments for awhile
    It could be worse, you could have to play against an IG or ITD deck. Also Palana is well positioned to take RP's place as a viable top tier when rotation happens.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    might be around in a bit to fite

• Options
    I play a lot of anarch so IG has never been really frustrating for me

ITD is definitely a bullshit card though, I'm glad most people don't have the patience for it

• Options
    Okay I'll tell you what, if you're interested in a jinteki.net league, then shoot me an @ in this thread!

It'd basically be a swiss style tournament and each round would last a week or so. During that time you just have to arrange with your pairing to play your games on jinteki.net and then report back to me!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    @anzekay i'd totally be up for that

settled on making a noise deck, and worked it out so i can basically build one i'm happy with with the core set, one expansion and one data pack

between the two expansions i've bought the cards i have the most access to corpside are weyland and HB

think i'm gonna go with an HB fast advance deck

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'll have to actually sit down and figure out jinteki.net but I guess I really should do that anyway huh

@Anzekay count me in

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    @Anzekay I am in!

• Options
    @Anzekay I am all about it

• Options
    @Anzekay

Sure I can try to punk some nerds in netrunner.

Now to figure out how the heck jinteki.net works.

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    If at any point someone wants to play a practice game with me on jinteki so I can learn the UI throw me an "@"

Unless there is a good video tutorial out there or something.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    If at any point someone wants to play a practice game with me on jinteki so I can learn the UI throw me an "@"

if you're around i'm down for a game @Inquisitor

• Options

@Speed Racer Sure! I'm winterflea on jinteki, how do we like, get a match set up?

• Options

@Speed Racer Sure! I'm winterflea on jinteki, how do we like, get a match set up?

i'm gonna put a game up, it'll be called "Private for Winterflea" by SSJSpeedRacer, find it and join

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Thanks again for showing me the ropes speed, I'm really looking forward to Anzekay's tournament now :D

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Who's got noise deck advice

Should I just take his ability as icing on the cake and build just a solid anarch deck that can score on archives occasionally, or is there a good way to lean into his ability

Gravedigger and demolition run obviously synergize with him but they both take some legwork to give results

I guess I could combine mediums with demolition run to trash multiple cards at once