As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Netrunner: Live out all your dorkiest cyberpunk fantasies through the medium of card games

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I became sort of randomly enamored by the idea of Netrunner a few days ago. Although I'm currently trying to suppress the urge to buy a core set, because it seems like sort of a lose-lose proposition.

On the one hand, I might not wind up liking it, in which case I'm out the 30 bucks (not really the end of the world).

On the other hand, if I DO like it, it would just force me to dump money into more sets, which I kind of don't especially want to do.

And in either case I probably wouldn't have anyone to play with ANYWAY, so it should be a moot point. But I keep thinking about it.

You could try playing online with us on jinteki to see if you like the game or not before you throw any money down on it.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Is this the yugioh thread

no, its the netrunner thread

Great, now you've activated his trap card.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

This is what I say every time a runner face-checks my Archer

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Let me tell you about the time luke ruined my day with a trap card

I had a combo that took me 3 minutes to fully complete because it was so complex

He had a trap hole

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Going to the shop today and trying very hard to not buy any more cards

I suspect I will be unsuccessful

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I definitely need to get some games in tonight, but I won't be home until around 10pm EST

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

also snare and junebug

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

also snare and junebug

Snare and junebug should be omae wa mou shindeiru

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

also snare and junebug

Snare and junebug should be omae wa mou shindeiru

Either that or the Karin laugh from Street Fighter.

OOHHHHHHH HO HO HO HO HO

• Options
    All according to keikaku

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Dat Cerebral Overwriter

• Options
    man it feels good to land a brainbug

now everything I install is a Ronin, nerd

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    All according to keikaku

Yeah, exactly

To me, Jinteki is where I break out the keikakus

Weyland gets the Yu-Gi-Oh references

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Hi I'm here to complain about cerebral overwriter

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Oh god no

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I'm so sorry

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Please forgive me

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Went 2-0, 0-2, 0-2

Also won an alt art political operations so that's rad

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Nice job Luke!

I went 2-1, getting better.

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    On one hand it's definitely frustrating to get clowned on by a combo deck that has like a card from each release

On the other hand I can't solely blame my limited card pool, I definitely made some deck building and gameplay mistakes

• Options
    Anyone want to play some games with the caveat that I don't really know how Jinteki.net works yet? @Inquisitor you around we can fumble around with it together

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    All according to keikaku

Putting a trap in your caprice server is the best for this.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Jinteki: All according to keikaku
    Weyland: Do you feel lucky punk?
    Haas-Bioroid: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. You do not have enough clicks.
    NBN: I already won 35 minutes ago

• Options
    WHAM

just won an ebay auction

for a full playing set of every single netrunner card released to date, aside from the newest expansion

$150

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    @Speed Racer Want to netrun?

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Blue map wrote: »

sorry i'm doin' somethin' already

maybe tomorrow though?

• Options
    Blue map wrote: »

sorry i'm doin' somethin' already

maybe tomorrow though?
    Sure. I should be around.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    I saw some talk of Discord being used for games in here, which seems like a pretty good way to get stuff going.

My Discord tag is Maddoc#1286 if anyone wants to get some games going on Jinteki (At work until 1pm however)

• Options
    WHAM

just won an ebay auction

for a full playing set of every single netrunner card released to date, aside from the newest expansion

$150

nice, good deal

build all the decks

• Options
    WHAM

just won an ebay auction

$150

nice, good deal

build all the decks

not due to get here til a week from thursday

i dunno if it's a standard netrunner league thing or something specific to my store but they have "achievements" for doing different things

while i wait i think i'm gonna snag the achievement for having a deck made exclusively out of core set cards

• Options
    I finally won a dang tournament yesterday

that's my cheevo for this week

• Options
    I finally got my binder and took my cards out of gross piles into a nice binder

Feels good man

• Options
    Anyone want to play some games around 7 est?

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Okay, so, that forumers jinteki.net league I was talking about! Going to do some confirmations and last chance to sign up and then I'll put together some pairings to start this friday (probably this friday).

If you want in, or want to withdraw your signup, please @ me in either thread.

@MNC Dover
    @Speed Racer
    @Maddoc
    @Poorochondriac
    @admanb
    @Shorty
    @Inquisitor
    @One Thousand Cables
    @Nisi
    @Chincymcchilla
    @Neaden
    @ChaosHat
    @Blue map
    @Albino Bunny
    @Ethea
    @Lykouragh
    @Dis'
    Anzekay (only to break odd numbers)

• Options
    Is tagging people with multi-word usernames broken or did I just do it wrong? (had " on either side of the name...)

• Options
    It works, I was notified.

• Options
    Alright, that's good. I guess it just bugs out in the post only.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I could try it out, yeah, sign me up

• Options
    @Anzekay I'm still down

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I've never played this but am super interested. Any good resources on how to do this for beginners

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!