As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 11 on 7/20, Challenge Rifts & Necromancer - Patch 2.6 IS LIVE

NogginNoggin Registered User regular
edited June 2017 in Games and Technology
LHB88gh.png
PA Clan - The Merch Hungers *details below*

Just coming back from Vanilla D3 or early RoS??
This might help you catch up on the major game changes:
Legendaries can now roll "Ancient" and "Primal Ancient" versions.
  • Ancients are roughly 30% stronger in terms of damage and raw stats.
  • Percentages do not change (i.e. 7% attack speed)
  • "Primals" are incredibly rare Ancients, but with perfect rolls!
  • Enchanting a Primal at the Mystic will only offer perfect rolls.
  • Ancients salvage into 3x forgotten souls, Primals salvage into 15x.

Season Journey and Guaranteed Set details
  • The Journey is a list of objectives broken into chapters, which provides some direction in how to progress your fresh, seasonal character.
  • Completing chapters 2-4 rewards pieces of a free set to get you started.
  • Chapter 4 also rewards transmog pieces and either a pet or pennant.
  • Additional chapters (9 total) reward special character portraits.
  • Chapter 8 rewards a free stash tab, up to a maximum of 10 tabs.

Rifts
  • No more rift fragments. You may open rifts for free, even from level 1.
  • Rift bosses will drop blood shards & greater rift keys. (below)

Blood Shards
  • Can be traded to Kadala as a form of "gambling", based on item type.
  • About a 10% chance to receive a legendary.
  • 1h and 2h weapons are NOT worth it, as they can be any type. (sword, mace, axe, etc..)
  • Class specific items lower your chances for certain slots.
    Barb - belt/mighty belt
    Sader - shield/crusader shield
    DH - chest/cloak
    Monk - helm/spirit stone
    Doc - helm/voodoo mask
    Wiz - helm/wizard hat

Greater rifts
  • The ideal source of XP, legendaries, blood shards, & legendary gems.
  • Greater rift bosses drop legendary gems - which are VERY powerful and only socket into jewelry.
  • Urshi, an NPC that appears after the boss, offers 3 chances to level up legendary gems.
  • You can get two bonus attempts, for a total of 5 chances to level:
  • - Complete the G.Rift without dying
  • - Empower the rift by spending some gold when you open it.

Kanai's Cube
  • Available via waypoint to Ruins of Sescheron in adventure mode Act 3, then back in town by Zoltun Kulle.
  • Can extract the benefit of most legendaries as a passive effect.
  • New crafting-ish tool, using mainly death breath and bounty mats for several powerful recipes:
    - Upgrading rare items to a legendary of the same type (weapons!)
    - Rerolling set pieces to finish your collection (not for 2 pc sets)
    - Rerolling the stats of legendary items.
    - Converting gems (9 amethysts into 9 rubies, etc)
    - "Augmenting" extra legendary gems onto your ancient gear for a stat boost.
    - bonus: Puzzle Ring opens Greed vault
    - bonus: Bovine Bardiche opens Cow level

How to disable legendary item notifications in clan chat
  • Open the clan window ( Hotkey N )
  • Click the "News" tab
  • Above the top-right corner of the feed, click the "Gear" button
  • Uncheck "Items"

Table of how Difficulty affects hp/dmg/xp/crafting drop rates:
linked for size

Clan membership
Join the community PAF to request an invite!
Everyone from the forum is absolutely welcome to join! However, it is important to remember that there is a cap of 150 players. The clan needs to keep space available for new and returning players, especially just before a new patch or season.

Unfortunately, this means players that have been missing for 2-3 months may lose their spot. Don't Panic! Even if you find yourself removed from the clan, you are always welcome to return!

Finally, some other helpful resources: - Thanks to Previous Thread makers Skab, GoodKingJayIII, Bethryn, Shen, SkutSkut, HexDex, _J_, and Noggin

Battletag: Noggin#1936
Noggin on

• Options
    So season 6 is probably going to be mid to late April, anyone figured out what they might be playing?

Or take bets on the free sets? From the patch notes, I'm thinking Wrath of the Wastes, Roland's, Marauder's, Raiment, Zuni's and Vyr's. Purely guessing.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    So season 6 is probably going to be mid to late April, anyone figured out what they might be playing?

Or take bets on the free sets? From the patch notes, I'm thinking Wrath of the Wastes, Roland's, Marauder's, Raiment, Zuni's and Vyr's. Purely guessing.

I'm not sure. I played Monk last Season, I'm playing a Crusader this Season (and I'm also siding a Wizzypants). I'm definitely gonna want to change it up.

I guess it depends on what 2.5 actually brings, yknow? I don't think 2.4.1 is the actual Season 6 patch..

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Depends on the easiest class to get the forsaken stash tab so I won't know until they release the conquests.
    I made the mistake picking demon hunter this season to get the tab.

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    They won't patch mid-season, and last year stated intent for season 5 to be about 3 months long.

The gravy train of huge patches is over, for now at least.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    @TOGSolid
    It saddens me that the guy I know with the biggest craziest rig is considering forsaking PC gaming for the allure of "push a button and start playing games" in the console environment. Also because then we can't play stuff together :(

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »

I'm pretty much set on Wizard

I haven't really played Wizard since the beta

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Gonna be Demon Hunter for me, just because that'll be my last class to play. I hope they take their time with the new season though, I'm going quite slowly on getting my stash tab :).

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Yup, gonna have to roll a DH again, I'm hooked.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Probably gonna go with thorn crusader again, unless there's another fairly easy to gear melee build that can be just as effective at dps tank.

Incidentally, I'm wondering when the devs will get around to patching in the option to salvage legendary gems (possible with gem lvl determining mat yield) because it's not fun to have to toss legendary gem for a measly 16g, after each season. We're already getting the option to salvage potions.

Mill on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Check your cube, legendary gems can be used to add main stat to ancient gear

Noggin on
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Well that's a new feature. Is there a limit on how many augments we can perform on a piece of gear?

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    as many as you want, but it only takes the highest one you used on it (meaning, if you drop a 25 and a 30 gem on it, it doesn't give your 55 levels of stats, you would get 30 levels of stats).

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    You can re-augment, but it replaces existing augments instead of stacking

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Heads up for people who want to purchase Diablo 3 base game and RoS expansion in the US for PC. They're having a sale at your local Best Buy for physical copies at $8 each or $6.50 if you have a GCU (Best Buy game reward card). All the console peasants, hear thee! It's the cheapest it's ever been!
    Diablo 3
    Reaper of Souls

SkyAndPie on
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    What I play next season will depend entirely on what the free sets are. My plan for next season is to unlock my stash tab and split back to non-season.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    HexDex wrote: »
    What I play next season will depend entirely on what the free sets are. My plan for next season is to unlock my stash tab and split back to non-season.

Especially if they push the requirements for stash tab or the last tier higher, based on what they did this season.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm leaning toward DH, but everything is on the table at this point. I need to finally get around to taking care of my stash tab this season, first. I think I can get there. Any tips for TX speed run requirements? Just spam Rifts until RNG cooperates?

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    My mind is currently on Wizard if things don't shake up too much. Haven't played one since S1 and current meta looks fun.Though if Stellaris lives up to the hype I may not play as much as last season.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm leaning toward DH, but everything is on the table at this point. I need to finally get around to taking care of my stash tab this season, first. I think I can get there. Any tips for TX speed run requirements? Just spam Rifts until RNG cooperates?

Goldwrap + greed gem and ditch all other defensive for offensive/move speed talents / abilities, play 4man and split.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Even with one other person I had an easy time speed running TX Rifts

If you've got all the other stuff, you should be pretty close to being able to do it solo even

• Options

do it in a group, try to fish for big maps (maybe exit game if it doesn't come up), don't loot anything, have one person port out as soon as the rift guardian spawns assuming the remaining person(s) can kill it quickly solo

i'll be around later tonight if you're looking for somebody to do it with

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    So seeing it mentioned here and elsewhere, is thorns actually good now? Because for what I remember of D2 and much of D3, thorns damage was a rubbish stat.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    So seeing it mentioned here and elsewhere, is thorns actually good now? Because for what I remember of D2 and much of D3, thorns damage was a rubbish stat.

only for crusaders, pretty much

• Options
    edited March 2016

Invoker Set, crusaders. There's also a Legacy of Nightmares build that uses them too, and in the next patch a Frenzy build with LoN (barbarians) for thorns as well.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    This is the Frenzy Thorns build http://www.diablofans.com/builds/77809-frenzy-thorns-ptr-2-4-1

I actually really want to gear up for this because it sounds hilarious.

butts
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Simplicity Strength, Depth Diggers not working with Carnevil fix...?

Nope?

Thanks Diablama

• Options
    Inna's health bug fixed and no more "HI IM URSHI" spam :+1:

• Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Simplicity Strength, Depth Diggers not working with Carnevil fix...?

Nope?

Thanks Diablama

I'm starting to feel like a Witch Doctor fucked someone's spouse over there or something. They really don't give any fucks about fixing things for WDs.

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Tried looking up the Best Buy deal and see if there is a copy at my store. Vanilla D3 copies are at a store two hours away from me and there are no RoS copies within 250 miles of the greater north central Indiana area (which includes Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, and Cleveland) . Even the closest Gamestop from me that has copies are an hour away and even then probably wouldn't price match.

:sad: Back to my PS3...

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    I guess price match at Walmart, Target, Office Depot if they have some in stock? Your local big box store? Would be a shame if you couldn't play on PC :[

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Finally got a decent Wand of Woh for my Wizard today. Was able to set up an unoptimized Flash Fire build, but was good enough to really speedrun some shit.

What a fun playstyle, dang.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    So once you get hatred generating chakrams with bonus damage at high hatred on a shadow /fire/impale for big stuff build...what do you even put on left click? Grenades seem to suck and the bola does not do much for me and I can't use a bow with this set...I would do a rain of arrows but...no bow so archery is out....unless I can offhand a handbow with a melee main. Oh Lord did I miss a thing?
    Also the impale bonus is bonkers. Why yes, I would like to ~4shot uber diablo and 3 shot max anything else. (At least round t7). I've never had a really good char in any diablo before, this is nice.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    m!ttens wrote: »
    @TOGSolid
    It saddens me that the guy I know with the biggest craziest rig is considering forsaking PC gaming for the allure of "push a button and start playing games" in the console environment. Also because then we can't play stuff together :(

I'll still have my HTPC and D3 runs on a toaster anyway.

There's just nothing coming out I have any interest in so I've been really struggling to find the motivation to want to keep throwing $Texas at my desktop. It's a huge money sink for something I'm really not doing much with anymore besides playing Diablo 3.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I wish we could have access to Blizzard's internal data. I get really curious about stuff like "what percentage of players have done [achievement x]", or "how many people actually earned the stash tab v. how many played the season," or "how many times has [item x] been salvaged v. equipped."

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I got all the pieces I need for Slamquake last night and lordy lordy what a fun build. Just need to reforge this Blade of the Tribes to have stats that aren't poop from a butt.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    So I found a build for The Thrill on Reddit, and I threw it together this morning to see how I could do. I finished the Grift, but I died....multiple times, and I did not beat the timer. I still finished the Grift, so why did I not get the achievement? Is it because I died....multiple times? All the achievement says is, "...finish a GR45..." so......?

Mugsley on
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    So I found a build for The Thrill on Reddit, and I threw it together this morning to see how I could do. I finished the Grift, but I died....multiple times, and I did not beat the timer. I still finished the Grift, so why did I not get the achievement? Is it because I died....multiple times? All the achievement says is, "...finish a GR45..." so......?

"finish" in this context means "beat the GR before the timer runs out."

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Well fuck.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    A Plague of Burrowers is F###ING STUPID. That is all. (At least for Monk.)

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
This discussion has been closed.