As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MSPA & Undertale] Yes, Homestuck is actually over | Vol. 10 out now

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I'm honestly not entirely convinced that this is actually going to be the end of Homestuck

I used to assume when people said stuff like this they were joking about how long it was taking, but it appears people seriously mean this.

In contrast to what I said about another comic in the last webcomic thread, to me Homestuck has always been driving toward a conclusion. Perhaps it meandered a bit*, though I never really thought it wasn't going to end. Essentially the only reason it hasn't ended yet is because of what happened with the Kickstarter.

I have never met or interacted with Hussie in any way, so maybe I have a completely wrong read on him. But I never got the feeling from what he said about Homestuck that he was just going to, like, leave it in the lurch.
    *: Yes, I realize this is probably a huge understatement.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I have joked many a time about Homestuck never ending. I never once actually believed it wouldn't. If Hussie disappeared from the internet, maybe then, but he's still around, working on things.
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I own somewhere around 18 and a half hours of Homestuck related music.

Note: that is not all of it.

God, screw the ending, I want another album.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh it's ending. But the productivity thing didn't drop because he was sick of it - 98% of that was game related.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    When I got dragged into Homestuck, I don't think any of the kids were in the game yet, and Jade was still just an enigmatic pesterchum handle. At least, that's where it was when I caught up after that first archive binge. I'm pretty sure Ryan North is to blame, but can't recall which specific instance of him and Hussie jovially harassing each other it actually was.

I kind of miss the tone of those early installments sometimes, digging in deep to Sylladex and Captcha card shenanigans, with each revelation stacking more ludicrous complexity onto the world. I totally get why the storytelling became so much more compressed as time went on, and why so much of that stuff was allowed to fade into the background, but I still miss it. I've really enjoyed what Homestuck has become, but sometimes I remember what I thought Homestuck was going to be, and wish I could peek into that alternate universe.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I love the Sylladex shenanigans but i can't say i regret the turn into dropping that stuff for detailed character study and interaction

Feed chatlogs into my veins

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Dave and Rose are pretty great characters to read in any context

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Dave and Rose are pretty great characters to read in any context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9SQjvPLAWs

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Cronus, however, is bad in every context

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    When I got dragged into Homestuck, I don't think any of the kids were in the game yet, and Jade was still just an enigmatic pesterchum handle. At least, that's where it was when I caught up after that first archive binge. I'm pretty sure Ryan North is to blame, but can't recall which specific instance of him and Hussie jovially harassing each other it actually was.

I kind of miss the tone of those early installments sometimes, digging in deep to Sylladex and Captcha card shenanigans, with each revelation stacking more ludicrous complexity onto the world. I totally get why the storytelling became so much more compressed as time went on, and why so much of that stuff was allowed to fade into the background, but I still miss it. I've really enjoyed what Homestuck has become, but sometimes I remember what I thought Homestuck was going to be, and wish I could peek into that alternate universe.

For me, I tried following it right when it came out, but it didn't really go anywhere very quickly so I got bored and tuned it out. And then one day, around 2 or 3 months later, suddenly the webcomic thread just sorta exploded. It seemed like we had an entire page or so of people just blurting out expletives about the recent homestuck happenings.

I was curious to what in the Hell got everyone so stirred up, and I went to check the site. And the newest page was WV: Ascend; the final page of act 2. I remember thinking "What in the holy fuck did I miss?" and got myself caught up, and never looked back. That is a very special page for me.

It's the first point where the comic kinda drew back the curtain a bit and revealed that Homestuck was a much bigger story than what we'd been shown thus far.

That track is also the first piece I ever worked out by ear, instead of using sheets, when doing a mario paint arrangement, back when I was still into those. That was pretty satisfying.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I had nearly the same experience goatmon! Well, minus the Mario paint stuff.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Homestuck is back? Here I thought everyone was joking, hopefully I can remember most of the plot threads before they get too frayed.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    This is not Undertale or MSPA related but its the only thread she visits so...

Check out @laurentheflute in the latest PATV show, Welcome to PAX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV7qyycgIC0

• Options
    Update

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    We are closer to the end of Homestuck than we have ever been.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Rose sassing John is exactly what I needed.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I was glad to see John finally truly earning his fathers pride. Also was his dad in that prison cell for like 3 years?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    That's actually Jane's Dad, since John's Dad was brutally murdered by Jack.

But Dads are also universal constants, so they may be the same? I dunno.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    okay so at this point I'm wondering if he's even gonna do the squiddles act and the fedorafreak intermission

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    okay so at this point I'm wondering if he's even gonna do the squiddles act and the fedorafreak intermission

What do you think those updates between End of Act 6 and Act 7 are?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

They will only be unlocked with 110% completion of NepetaQuest 2012.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

It's Hussie, though. There is no side joke too small for its own meandering intermission. None.

Because there ARE no side jokes. All jokes are actually Primary Plot Jokes, and will inevitably be revealed as instrumental to the conclusion.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I have been following MSPaint Adventures for about 8 years now

Goddamn

It's been an honor and a privilege, all of you

• Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    well, i mean, there's still gonna be a fricken homestuck game, don't forget, you'll be here forever

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »

Goddamn

It's been an horror and a privilege, all of you

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to Hussie's future endeavors.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    if you die on your quest bed on 4/13 as the final update is posted you'll enter sburb

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

Goddamn

It's been an horrorterror and a privilege, all of you

Mayday on
  • Options
    It's weird because this is also the end of MS Paint Adventures as a whole. I don't really see Hussie sitting down and doing a brand new adventure after this. I know there's only one completed story prior to this, and Homestuck blew up and kinda became MSPA by sheer volume, but it is the end of some sort of era.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    He'll probably do something different that i may or may not be into eventually

But it sure as hell won't be anything like this

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sweet bro and hella Jeff: the musical

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    there was that interview with dante basco a while ago about how he's working to "bring homestuck to hollywood"

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Forget Homestuck, Mother 3 is the real hotness. Lauren should be finishing Chapter 4 on this stream.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I am irrationally delighted to have confirmation that the plural of Sollux is Solluxes and not Solluces. I didn't care before but somehow I'm still happy.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    So what about that stuff Rufio said about Homestuck 2.0

This may be the end of Homestuck as we know it but it sounds like there's a lot more stuff in the works

• Options
    Gussie is a lie smith, do not forget that

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Take a page from the book of Stephanie Myers and do genderswapped-stuck.

A masterpiece.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    ahem

WE ARE CLOSER TO THE END OF HOMESTUCK THAN WE HAVE EVER BEEN

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

Why did I even click this. OF COURSE it was the only goddamn song they wrote for that game

I GET IT ABOUT THE OCEAN'S GRAY WAVES, OKAY

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    This art has been a little jarring honestly. I mean for not being in an animation.

Also maybe its been too long, but Karkat just seems a bit off.

Meenah was everything I remember though.

This discussion has been closed.