As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] One Shining #Knickstape

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Thibs gets Towns, Shabazz, LaVine, and Rubio

I would have jumped at that job

Xehalus on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I guess 73 wins will have a big fat asterisk next to it.

Damn it.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well the pace at which the NBA playoffs happen 2 weeks means me might be back in time for the next game in the Rockets series.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

Tough season for the Grizz. At least it has mercifully ended.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    It's astonishing they made the playoffs.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Damn it.

is the asterisk *but didn't win a title or *but should've won the title if it weren't for an injury

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Even if Curry is out for a few weeks they can still beat the Clippers.

They need him for the Spurs though.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Damn it.

is the asterisk *but didn't win a title or *but should've won the title if it weren't for an injury

Both, I think, depending on who is interpreting the asterisk. People who are against GSW will cleverly avoid mentioning the injuries, people who are for GSW will cleverly avoid mentioning that they really are capable of winning a title without Curry anyway.

The Clippers will be difficult series without Steph

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I'd like to see the Mavs push this to game 6 just to watch more Justin Anderson dunks.

I really, really hope we don't trade him for some random veteran guard this offseason; he is way too much fun to watch.

Edit: The lesson, as always, is never hope

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Hornets tie it up 2-2, what a performance by Kemba and Courtney Lee.

I see this one going to seven.

Butters wrote: »

I'm not saying it will be easy but they can still do it

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

I'm not saying it will be easy but they can still do it

Just got a lot easier since Chris Paul just fractured his shooting hand

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Welp, Clippers are done. Fractured his middle finger.

CP3 gets hurt trying to steal a ball by fouling really hard

wow

Westbrook: Now he get to go home and do whatever he need to do to get ready for next year to sit down and watch 82 more games like he did this year

RIP, Villanueva

also I kinda want Westbrook and Durant to stay a duo on another team

Path just got a lot easier for Golden State

Still not getting past San Antonio or OKC, and I'm still not sold on Steph being back after two weeks. It's not a sure thing.

OKC is super vulnerable. They've been terrible at the end of close games all season.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Depending on Curry's injury I think you can make a case for just about any of the teams in the West, even Portland. Not LAC tho. Poor Doc

Looking like last year where the healthiest team might be the one who wins it all.

Depending on Curry's injury I think you can make a case for just about any of the teams in the West, even Portland. Not LAC tho. Poor Doc

to win it all? or just the West?

I don't think Portland has a shot. I put them skills-wise about the Celtics level

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Portland would need 4 absolutely stellar games from Lillard and would have to win each of those games to beat San Antonio which isn't very feasible.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

to win it all? or just the West?

I don't think Portland has a shot. I put them skills-wise about the Celtics level
    The West. I think whoever comes out of the West wins it all, as usual. Portland isn't on the level of the other West contenders but then you have LAC and GSW missing their most important players...I'm not saying it'll happen, just that it could, hypothetically.

hm, wow. ESPN's power index actually has Portland behind Houston, 13 and 14

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    edited April 2016
    espn.com has an enormous sloppy blowjob of an article about brad stevens by jackie macmullen and i love it unconditionally

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    edited April 2016
    Blake Griffin is out for the rest of the series with a quad injury.

EDIT: Out for the rest of the playoffs.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Blake Griffin is out for the rest of the series with a quad injury.

EDIT: Out for the rest of the playoffs.

Which now looks to be 2-3 more games for the Clippers. I don't particularly like them but you have to feel for how snakebitten they've been over the years.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Wonder if LA gets blown up after this.

Wonder if LA gets blown up after this.

its a shame. it was a great-but-not-quite-good-enough core to win a title, but those are valuable. you don't just blow those up, because you never know when you get a chance like this curry situation.

then not 10 hours later they lose their two best players for the season

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    At least Doc Rivers ain't gonna win shit. That makes me happy.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Clips really need a proper GM.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    Celtics got run out the fucking gym

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    What a comeback by the Raptors

edited April 2016
    beep

Xehalus on
    I was thoroughly confused by Indiana's approach on their final possessions to the point where I might be in the anti-Vogel crowd here in Indy. If it was his idea to have Monte Ellis eat up 10 seconds to take a heavily contested layup while they were down three I don't know how he thought that was going to play out.

I presume he wanted to foul afterward but I would think taking a three would yield way better odds.

so how do we think the West is going to play out now?

There's no way the Clippers can get anything done. If they beat the Blazers they are not beating the Warriors, even without Steph.

And without Steph, I don't see the Warriors beating OKC or the Spurs.

So is the next round Spurs/OKC going to be the "conference finals" of this playoffs?

OKC is the most likely to still collapse even without a major injury. They still have the same weaknesses they always have which are a predictable offense, too much reliance on two people for a vast majority of scoring, and a bench whose only consistent quality is weak defense.

With an injured Steph the Spurs have to be the favorite in the West. They are deep, relatively healthy (I think), and they have the league's best coach.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'd agree. The question is if Curry can return before GSW faces the Spurs. I think the Spurs can contain Westbrook / Durant pretty well and then the Spurs bench eats the OKC bench. And a similar scenario plays out with Spurs v Cavs as 2 years ago, not that much has changed

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.