As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] One Shining #Knickstape

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I think Kyrie/Love are a better supporting cast than Wade/Bosh and the rest of the Cavs are better than the rest of the Heat.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    remember, OKC has surprised vs San Antonio before. I can see any of the top 3 seeds taking the west, especially with the Curry uncertainty.

I don't think GS wins most of the time vs. OKC or SA without Curry, but I don't think they lose EVERY time, and if Curry comes back not limited then who knows

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I have a hard time believing Curry, whom has a long history of injuries, comes back 100% from a ligament sprain in two weeks after already missing games with a bum knee.

Or was it his foot that was hurt first? I forget.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Ankle first.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    The reporter that asked Draymond Green the stupid question about Houston floods was fired.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Ow4ZLR.png

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Rockets' starting lineup sans Harden combined for 19 points

I think it's time to start over

• Options
    where do we think Dwight goes in offseason? And what does he do once there? I see him coming to Charlotte. Charlotte is one more good piece away from a conference finals appearance, and we can pay him.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dwight Howard is not a good piece anymore.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    where do we think Dwight goes in offseason? And what does he do once there? I see him coming to Charlotte. Charlotte is one more good piece away from a conference finals appearance, and we can pay him.

I think the Jordan factor would keep him out of Charlotte. Michael has no patience for the mentally soft. I guess Chandler Parson is trying to recruit him to Dallas but I don't know if he's acting on his own

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    why the hell would you want to pay dwight

i wouldn't take him for free at this point

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think Dwight opts-in and makes Houston trade him. At least, if his agent his smart that is what he'll do.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Dwight is the Tatooine of the NBA: looks good on paper from afar, but once you set up shop, it turns out there's no water and the mineral deposits are junk

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Send Dwight to china

• Options
    I can't help but feel some GM somewhere is going to be dumb enough to pay him.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Dallas would be the best place. Carlisle might be able to get something out of him.

Other than that, the options are grim.

Maximum on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Dwight and derozan on max deals to the lakers please

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I can see Dwight returning to Orlando

on the bench

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I can see Dwight returning to Orlando

on the bench

It would be a terrible decision. I imagine Orlando's fans and management both hate him and he'd be a terrible influence on a promising group of young players.

• Options
    Think we gotta let turner and sullinger go this offseason

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Sullinger can be an All-Star one game

then just give you nothing the next

and Evan Turner is only good for game winners

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I feel like Harden is the source of the Rocket's problems, and I can't blame Howard for not wanting to play with him. Dwight could be good again on a different team.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Every team Dwight Howard has been on, he's pouted his way off of, and you think hardens the problem? Cmon son

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2016
    I don't think Harden helps the situation. Howard needs to be on a team with a strong leader that can keep his shit in check.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    The Rockets' whole season has been a Harden tantrum over not getting MVP last year. Getting rid of the coach didn't change it, and getting rid of Howard isn't going to change it.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Harden is no angel for sure but Howard was almost completely unable to do anything offensively outside of convert an ally-oop. His hook shots are dead, he can't recognize where he's supposed to be, and his free throw percentage is as low as its ever been.

I don't know for sure what Howard needs. You can't just say its better coaching because he ran StanVan out of town and it's hard see a leader on the court helping much as he is the most universally disliked player in the league among his peers. There may no longer be a solution for Howard at this stage in his career.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Think we gotta let turner and sullinger go this offseason

Turner I might keep if it makes sense financially. I wouldn't have said that going into the season - but he seems like he's a good presence on the bench and doesn't seem to ever let the scoreboard bother him when others seem frazzled. Jerebko seems to have the same quality.

Sully I would let go. He's off and on each game, you never know what shape he'll be in, and just isn't the caliber of player we need in the position.

It was a rough series, it's clear Crowder and KO were still feeling their injuries and weren't up to 100% (KO being the worse), and of course no Bradley. If we could get a physical center, one able to muscle in under the hoop and give us a presence (basically a new Perkins) I think it would make all the difference next season. We don't really need tall and lanky like Zeller, we need that wall of meat style center. I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but I'd even consider Howard until a better, younger center could be found.

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Sullinger can be an All-Star one game

then just give you nothing the next

and Evan Turner is only good for game winners

Sullinger does not have the physique at his position to be an all-star. He's just like Tristan Thompson: a center stuck in the body of an out of shape power forward.

• Options
    If the Clippers blow up the roster maybe Boston hands them some assets for DeAndre.

• Options
    I think Blake will be available as well

• Options
    I figure they keep DeAndre and jettison cp3/Blake, if anything. I was pretty impressed with Jordan this year

• Options
    CP3 can go lose in the Finals with Lebron.

Blake in Boston makes a whole lot of sense with that lottery pick hanging there.

If ownership decides to do a full rebuild I don't expect Doc to still be there either.

• Options
    CP3 is their best player and makes Jordan better though. He'd suffer without Paul there for sure

• Options
    He's getting old though. I mean I know he's only 30 but...I could see it going any number of ways but I feel like CP3 is the mostly likely dude to be playing somewhere else next year.

• Options
    The age issue cuts both ways though. You'll probably get more in return for Blake or Jordan than for Chris.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    CP3 can go lose in the Finals with Lebron.

Blake in Boston makes a whole lot of sense with that lottery pick hanging there.

If ownership decides to do a full rebuild I don't expect Doc to still be there either.

their were rumblings they pursued jimmy butler at the deadline but the bulls weren't interested in the return

i expect (and hope) butler's their number #1 trade target this offseason

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Why would the Bulls give up Butler?

• Options
    Why would Boston want him?

Did you see how it played out in Chicago this season? He's not going to be a number one guy.

• Options
    The rest of Chicago's roster is a disaster though. I'm not saying he's a number one but the Bulls are a bag of corpses.

This discussion has been closed.