As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] One Shining #Knickstape

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Karl Anthony Towns Appreciation Station

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    BIG KAT

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Kristaps better finish second.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    by the way, Warriors are 0-2, both at home, since that stupid article came out with the owner and execs patting themselves on the back for being such geniuses

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    What article is that?

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Goose! wrote: »
    What article is that?

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/owner-joe-lacob-warriors-light-years-ahead-of-other-nba-teams/#HtU5e5t7Yh8dxe8v.97

Typical douchey bay area new money guy, matches his team's fans pretty well imho

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    it's becoming hard not to be a Wolves fan

that team is great

i'm terrified that they're gonna let me down again or break my heart

please, nobody die in a drunk driving accident

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I put up with Chris Cohan, who was maybe the worst owner in sports history, for years. Lacob can say whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned.

• Options
    I mean, they have looked like dominant, dynasty ready team. Good luck holding it all together, though.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Lacob already fucked his wife with the O'Brien Trophy so he's probably good no matter what happens.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I mean, they have looked like dominant, dynasty ready team. Good luck holding it all together, though.

Curry blossoming into a transcendent shooter immediately after signing a very team friendly second contract is not something the front office gets to take credit for. The have made a handful of smart moves and drafts but they got lucky on that one.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Curry blossoming into a transcendent shooter immediately after signing a very team friendly second contract is not something the front office gets to take credit for. The have made a handful of smart moves and drafts but they got lucky on that one.

they were literally this close to dealing him. you can run a team smartly but these things take heaping doses of luck as well

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Hinkie is stepping down.

RIP The Process

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    crying-or-laugh.gif

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Kind of awesome that Hinkie went the "13 page resignation letter" route.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    The writing's been on the wall for a while

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    What article is that?

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/owner-joe-lacob-warriors-light-years-ahead-of-other-nba-teams/#HtU5e5t7Yh8dxe8v.97

Typical douchey bay area new money guy, matches his team's fans pretty well imho

Are you jealous of the warriors? You sound jealous of the warriors.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

they were literally this close to dealing him. you can run a team smartly but these things take heaping doses of luck as well

yeah I think a lot of people either weren't around or weren't paying attention around that time. It was either Curry or Monta that had to go, and a LOT of people thought Curry was the wrong one to keep.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hinkie is stepping down.

RIP The Process

I'm legit angry about this.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I think I'm going to remain a Thunder fan but switch my primary allegiance to the Timber pups.

I've kind of been a man without a true team allegiance ever since Seattle left. I root for the Thunder but it's not the same.

• Options
    If you loved the Sonics shouldn't you kind of hate the Thunder? That's a like a former Browns fan rooting for the Ravens.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    They are technically the same franchise though so I just went with it. I'm not from Seattle so I didn't have an attachment to the location.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    i think the sixers wanting to bring in someone else on the same level of hinkie was probably a good idea, given that hinkie has shown a complete inability to handle the more "social" aspects of being a general manager

i think they also had to expect this would be the outcome, given that they already brought in colangelo

but from their perspective, they probably thought that while he had done a great job collecting the assets, he wasn't the right guy to actually cash in those assets, especially if rumors like porzingis shutting the sixers out are true

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    The before and after of assets collected is certainly impressive but cost isn't just losses but lost ticket sales and low attendance which damaged the 76ers brand and value.

Butters on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The Porzingis thing makes sense, why would you want to go to a team that's shown that it's committed to losing? Their strategy made statistical sense and I'm sure it caused a thousand screaming orgasms at the Sloan conference but I think at this point the evidence shows that you can only get away with it for so long before the well is truly poisoned and you've got to try something else.

• Options
    I mean, it probably would have worked if they got Wiggins and KAT instead of Embiid and Okafor.

• Options
    Yeah, ping pong balls are the real enemy

• Options
    i think the shitty, pragmatic way they treated players was worse to philly's rebuilding than the losing

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    To make a poorly thought out comparison, the Process is like communism. Sounds great on paper but doesn't account for actual human beings and irrational human behavior, etc

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    an All-Star will go to Philly for the brand opportunities

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    I mean, it probably would have worked if they got Wiggins and KAT instead of Embiid and Okafor.

Well they never could have gotten Wiggins because that required having a Kevin Love to trade.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    an All-Star will go to Philly for the brand opportunities

i don't think elton has that kind of drawing power

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Well they never could have gotten Wiggins because that required having a Kevin Love to trade.

What? Ping pong balls are a thing.

Also the Sixers have the same garbage attendance as the Nets and at least we have something vaguely resembling assets.

Doug Collins so fully gutted this team that it's amazing they have any hope only 3 years later and that's mostly Hinkie's doing.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

Also the Sixers have the same garbage attendance as the Nets and at least we have something vaguely resembling assets.

Doug Collins so fully gutted this team that it's amazing they have any hope only 3 years later and that's mostly Hinkie's doing.

I know but it wasn't just ping pong balls that gave the Wolves the roster they have now.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

I know but it wasn't just ping pong balls that gave the Wolves the roster they have now.

The Cavs winning the lottery yet again combined with the wolves getting lucky gave them the roster they have now. Yes they happened to have a piece to trade, but nobody else would have given them Wiggins for Love because all the other bad teams didn't want to win now.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    (away from being a championship contender)

• Options
    (away from being a championship contender)

so when we add Durant AND Horford this offseason, we'll be favorites??

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    If Durant goes to the Celtics I will openly weep.

This discussion has been closed.