Options

[NBA] One Shining #Knickstape

1457910100

Posts

  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Cards fans deserve plenty of criticism but I don't feel front running is one of them.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I disagree. I think every successful team has front runner fans. I also don't think front runners make up anywhere near a large enough percent of any fanbase to be worrying about or deriding. In fact, don't deride people for liking what they like ever. Just be a fan of your team.

    EDIT: Like, I only follow the NY Rangers when they make the playoffs. The Rangers do just fine in the fan department without me though.

    Goose! on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I disagree. I think every successful team has front runner fans. I also don't think front runners make up anywhere near a large enough percent of any fanbase to be worrying about or deriding. In fact, don't deride people for liking what they like ever. Just be a fan of your team.

    EDIT: Like, I only follow the NY Rangers when they make the playoffs. The Rangers do just fine in the fan department without me though.

    1) clearly you've never met a 12.
    2) a Yankees fan calling a cardinals fan a frontrunner is pretty rich.
    3) admitting you're a frontrunner while trying to chew me out for talking shit about frontrunners is silly, Dogg.

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This argument is dumb.

  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Yeah, you're right. I'm dropping this

  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    72 reasons to love the warriors. Are their incredibly loyal, not at all frontrunner fans one of them

    You are like the worst broken record, I swear.

  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Oh shit! If Utah can spoil Kobe's final game Sacramento can eliminate Houston from the playoffs which would be hilarious

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It would be great for Kobe to fuck with Dwight for one last time

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kobe and Michael B. Jordan commercial is awesome.

    I am AMAZED how much Kobe got me to like him on this farewell tour.

  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I liked asshole Kobe better.

  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I liked fuck it I'm chuckin' Kobe.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I liked 2005 Kobe

    fuck passing

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I know this is an absolutely pointless argument but

    I still think the 72 win Bulls would beat these Warriors in a series.

    COME AT ME

  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I know this is an absolutely pointless argument but

    I still think the 72 win Bulls would beat these Warriors in a series.

    COME AT ME

    Go home Stephen A.

  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Jordon would have baited Klay into a technical and then both got ejected

    Kerr and Armstrong would have cheapshotted Curry and all got ejected

    Rodman would have got Draymond and him ejected for fighting

    so it would be Pippen and Kukoc vs Iguadola and Livingston

    Xehalus on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I know this is an absolutely pointless argument but

    I still think the 72 win Bulls would beat these Warriors in a series.

    COME AT ME

    Go home Stephen A.

    That is my first name and middle initial...

  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I know this is an absolutely pointless argument but

    I still think the 72 win Bulls would beat these Warriors in a series.

    COME AT ME

    Please show your work to the class.

    I don't see how the Bulls defend the Warriors line-up of doom, their centers were giant stiffs and that was fine at the time but that's not going to cut it in that game.

  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Peen wrote: »
    I know this is an absolutely pointless argument but

    I still think the 72 win Bulls would beat these Warriors in a series.

    COME AT ME

    Please show your work to the class.

    I don't see how the Bulls defend the Warriors line-up of doom, their centers were giant stiffs and that was fine at the time but that's not going to cut it in that game.

    But they'd just beat them up and give them wedgies because people in the 90's were tougher.

    Maximum on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Dennis Rodman is the best rebounder to ever play basketball, so you got that going for you. In 95-96 he was 4 standard deviations above the mean rebounder.

    Fivethirtyeight had a bit on their sports potcast about it and they say Bulls would win like 60% of the time in a 7 game series based on ELO and box plus minus. But it's really hard to actually play the game in your mind because of how different the rules were in my opinion.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's honestly so dumb to compare. It's two very different games.

  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I know this is an absolutely pointless argument but

    I still think the 72 win Bulls would beat these Warriors in a series.

    COME AT ME

    Please show your work to the class.

    I don't see how the Bulls defend the Warriors line-up of doom, their centers were giant stiffs and that was fine at the time but that's not going to cut it in that game.

    Rodman played the four for that Bulls team. The 98 Bulls were not as lumbering as the first 3-peat team.

    I think either team was the best for their era. If the Warriors went back in time and had to play by 1998 rules Steph Curry would get the shit kicked out of him and the Bulls would win rather easily. If the 1998 Bulls had to play by today's rules they'd lose.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Hornets win, Atlanta loses to Washington, Miami blows a 24 point halftime lead to lose by about 10 to Boston and suddenly there is a 4 way tie in the East. Tiebreakers be damned. But that puts Charlotte at 6 with Miami at 3 and I think I like that matchup best.

  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Curry with 17 points in 9 minutes already. I think they want to get this over with.

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    And he's already 6-8 from 3. 2 more and he's got 400 3 points made on the year.

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It'd be really great if Steph decided to honor Kobe by getting 82 tonight.

  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Just let him get his two more threes and get him out of there before Matt Barnes stabs him at center court.

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Knowing Barnes, you'd better get Curry out of the arena.

  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Chuckin' time

  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    The Kings are unlikely to have success pursuing the top coaches on the market, which include Jeff Van Gundy, Tom Thibodeau and Scott Brooks. None of the three has interest in the Kings job, league sources said.

    lol

  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    to think anyone doubted the Warriors would show up tonight

    this is the greatest single team in NBA history and it's showing. I'm a bit behind the live game as I started watching late and didn't want to miss a minute, I'm at 3:05 left in the 2nd. That long pass to Klay by Curry where Klay nearly slipped had me paranoid for Klay's knees for a minute.

  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    The Kings are unlikely to have success pursuing the top coaches on the market, which include Jeff Van Gundy, Tom Thibodeau and Scott Brooks. None of the three has interest in the Kings job, league sources said.

    lol

    Randy Wittman! Come on down!

  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Curry officially averages 30ppg for the season,.

  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Kobe is 17-for-43, 45 points

    EDIT: And the highest assist number for one of his teammates is Russell with 5.

    Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    51 for Kobe on almost 50 shots

    Goose! on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Was there any doubt the Lakers game plan for Kobe's final game would be to just let him shoot?

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Say what you want about him, but this has been the most entertaining end to a career I can remember. Dude's made his last 5 shots in a row and the Lakers have cut it to a 1 point game.

  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Kobe giving one last vintage Kobe performance is basically the perfect way for him to go out right now.

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    60 or die

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hahah Bryant with the most epic shove off and there was NO chance the ref was blowing that whistle.

This discussion has been closed.