Options

[NBA] One Shining #Knickstape

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Boston just doesn't have enough after Thomas. They got the one seed because Cleveland decided to sleep through the second half of the season.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Boston just doesn't have enough after Thomas. They got the one seed because Cleveland decided to sleep through the second half of the season.

Ok, but as mentioned earlier they get the two seed instead, how do they handle Paul George? Or anyone over a series if they don't have the best player/right matchups?

I guess it would be slightly less interesting because it's not lol 8>1 but still seems like it would be a problem.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »

Ok, but as mentioned earlier they get the two seed instead, how do they handle Paul George? Or anyone over a series if they don't have the best player/right matchups?

I guess it would be slightly less interesting because it's not lol 8>1 but still seems like it would be a problem.

I wasn't implying they would beat the Pacers. Just saying they aren't as good as you expect a 1 seed to be so this isn't a huge surprise. This isn't Denver over Seattle or GS beating Dallas.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Boston is very well built for the marathon of the regular season by having a shitload of pretty decent players with young legs with a great coach. But young legs and depth past your 8th man matter less when each team gets 2-days or more of rest in between games. I'm surprised the Bulls are playing them so hard considering how bad they looked at points this season and after they shipped out a perfectly good power forward in Gibson but there's a reason Boston was never a favorite in the East. Pretty sure Washington and Toronto had far higher odds.

Regardless of what Boston does their current situation proves to me they should have made a trade either at the deadline or in the off season. They have a shitload of assets they have to deal sometime, their seeding proves Cleveland wasn't a lock for home court in the conference, and their struggling proves their way low on talent for their position in the standings.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Horford is screwing Boston over right now

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    they match up much better with indiana (3-0 in the regular season) than they do against chicago (2-2 in the regular season)

one of the main reasons for that is that they're a terrible defensive rebounding team (26th in the league)

the bulls were 4th in the league in ORB% during the season, and are murdering them through the first two games (moreso in game 1, game 2 they didn't miss enough for it to matter)

indiana meanwhile is about as bad a rebounding team as boston is

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Doesn't help that boston has basically zero two way players. They should have dealt for someone since that giant pile of assets isn't going to do them much good with this roster if they keep sitting on it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    They'll be in better shape next year when they draft Lonzo Ball to play the point, and his Dad can play power forward and coach the team.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    they'll be fine on talent

jaylen will continue to progress, zizic is coming over next year, and they're going to end up with one of fultz, ball, jackson or tatum

their window is 3-4 years from now

i'm fine with ainge not selling off too many assets. remember at the trade deadline the cavs looked a lot less vulnerable, and this roster - 2 of smart/crowder/bradley + butler or george still probably only brings you even with cleveland in terms of playoff talent, and still way behind the warriors

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    simo wrote: »
    they match up much better with indiana (3-0 in the regular season) than they do against chicago (2-2 in the regular season)

one of the main reasons for that is that they're a terrible defensive rebounding team (26th in the league)

the bulls were 4th in the league in ORB% during the season, and are murdering them through the first two games (moreso in game 1, game 2 they didn't miss enough for it to matter)

indiana meanwhile is about as bad a rebounding team as boston is

Paul George is still going to get any shot he wants though and likely win at least 2 games single handed in that series.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Kelly Olynyk was also doing his scumbag arm grab thing again to Robin Lopez. Just kick him out of the league already.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    No Durant tonight.

Warriors will still win

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Kelly Olynyk was also doing his scumbag arm grab thing again to Robin Lopez. Just kick him out of the league already.

Olynyk was drafted 13

Giannis and Rudy Gobert were right there

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Gator wrote: »

Olynyk was drafted 13

Pretty important to note that the Celtics traded up for Olynyk.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    42 shot attempts by Westbrook.

Kobe is watching with the biggest hard on.

• Options
    Kobe attempted 50 shots in a game

wow

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Westbrook 3 of 17 in the last quarter.

• Options
    so many people wishing they had voted for Harden right now

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    :( russ

• Options
    :) Javale

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Russ in the postgame conference: "I don't give a fuck about the line. We lost."

:(:(:(:(:(

Go bucks.

• Options
    Charles Barkley: The Warriors are not a good defensive team.

Meanwhile, Portland has 52 points with four minutes left in the 3rd.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Charles Barkley: The Warriors are not a good defensive team.

Meanwhile, Portland has 52 points with four minutes left in the 3rd.

Charles Barkley is the Bill O'Reilly of NBA sportscasting.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Russ is tired. It's hard to carry a team all season then carry them in the playoffs too.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    so many people wishing they had voted for Harden right now

Nah, its a regular season award.

• Options
    That and despite his bad 4th quarter (where he was exhausted) he was the only Thunder player who had a plus game.

He doesn't trust his teammates and I don't blame him.

• Options

Olynyk was drafted 13

I think Giannis could change draft strategies for the next decade. Dude was incredibly raw coming out of college and barely even played basketball yet before the end of his fourth season he's like the second best player in the Eastern conference.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Olynyk was drafted 13

I think Giannis could change draft strategies for the next decade. Dude was incredibly raw coming out of college and barely even played basketball yet before the end of his fourth season he's like the second best player in the Eastern conference.

If you haven't got any habits, then you haven't got any bad habits. That could become the thought process.

• Options
    Or, more likely, Giannis is an exception.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    the Hawks tried finding a Giannis with Josh Smith, Josh Childress, and Marvin Williams

that didn't work out

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Remember Kwame Brown?

• Options
    Remember Kwame Brown?

He was an all star center...

...on my NBA 2K franchise team.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Milwaukee up by like thirty points currently.

• Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Kelor wrote: »
    Milwaukee up by like thirty points currently.

haven't won a playoff series in sixteen years, so this is hells of awesome.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    Or, more likely, Giannis is an exception.

I think we could (and should) see more late first and second round picks reach for raw talent worth developing instead of college upper-classmen that are more likely to end up out of the league after their first contract than become rotation players

• Options
    I advise anyone that values their life to stay away from Larry Bird for a few days

• Options
    They need to change the rule that doesn't allow you to review the type of call. That out-of-bounds off PG was clearly a foul and it should be reviewable and changeable to a foul, even if they originally looked at it to decide possession.

• Options
    If I am the Cavs I don't feel too bad because I felt like the Pacers were getting a lot of calls their way but yeah that's a bad rule

• Options
    Rondo has a broken thumb. That's a bit of a break for Boston.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Heal time is typically 3-6 weeks. Fortunately that's only, what, 3 games worth in a first round NBA series?

Pellaeon on
This discussion has been closed.