Most Artisanal of Cozies [Artsy Farts and Crafty Asses]

1828384858688»

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    I took up knitting around the start of the pandemic. It's fun and good for podcasts! So far I've mostly been churning out these fun hats on circular needles, and I also made my boyfriend an elbow pillow for drawing on his tablet.
    648wttc9rwh5.png
    iq7cp76thzq8.png

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    RadiationbowenChiselphaneCambiatalonelyahavawebguy20CalicaSporkAndrewElbasunuElvenshaeUsagiBelruelknitdan
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I carved a different kind of thing:
    sgk3gBL.jpeg

I'm no Syman woodcarving, but I think I did alright.

PSN: jfrofl
    webguy20CambiataPolaritieUsagiBelruellonelyahavaMahnmutchr1sh4ll3ttb3Caulk Bite 6ElvenshaeChiselphaneCalicaknitdanSporkAndrewN1tSt4lker
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    This one was miserable to do. I actually started it 3 times. The pattern itself is not so bad, it was the fabric; I had been interested in seeing how things other than generic aida would turn out. First two were linens and it was literally impossible for me, the threads were actively shifting and that makes it impossible to keep things lined up. 3rd and final was evenweave which is basically a midpoint between aida and linen. Still a bit of shifting but switching to a smaller needle helped, however I'm shit at threading needles so that turned into its own misery. Still, came out pretty nice I suppose.

x8ek0lrx237i.jpg

BelruelCambiatalonelyahavaRadiationtynicchr1sh4ll3ttb3Mahnmutwebguy20CalicaknitdanCaulk Bite 6PolaritieSporkAndrewN1tSt4lkerElvenshae
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    That looks great! I've been wanting to try evenweave sometime and I think I have some tucked away in my stash for when I feel brave. Did you grid?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Belruel wrote: »
    That looks great! I've been wanting to try evenweave sometime and I think I have some tucked away in my stash for when I feel brave. Did you grid?

No, generally I don't do that. The only thing I've gridded is a big recreation of the stretching portraits from the Haunted Mansion, which is probably going to take about 2 more years to finish

• BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    I've only gridded one project and that was a mystery stitchalong (ended up being the golden girls) so it made the process a lot simpler. I think I would for large projects, but mostly I've only gone smaller things so it hasn't felt necessary.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited August 9
    so I recently got the Fallen London playing cards, and they're great! But I thought to myself: "a deck of cards this good needs an appropriate, in fiction box that I can place them in".

So I ordered one online from FireTale at Etsy, and it finally got here today! Now I can put my cards in a stylish, canonical housing - for the Fifth Will Live On In The Heart Of The Sun...:

wMW3myj.jpg

effy81A.jpg

Indie Winter on
    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    webguy20CambiataCaulk Bite 6ChiselphanebowenElvenshaeMahnmutchr1sh4ll3ttb3